News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Help with the Sample White Chickens mod.

Started by mellowtraumatic, September 30, 2014, 03:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellowtraumatic

I finally decided to break down and use the white chicken mod that Luke released for an example and the darn thing just will not work so far. It just sits there, enabled but no white chickens appear, and no option to order them from the trader. And I missing something? I am trying to use it with an existing game. Is that the problem?

slink

Did you enable the mod from inside the loaded game?  That said, I have enabled the new fig tree but no one has ever brought me any fig seeds.  They do appear on the Order tab, though.

mellowtraumatic

All I did was enabled the mod in the mod menu, then it reloaded the menu like normal, then I loaded my save game. Is there another way to enable it or is that the proper procedure?

mellowtraumatic

Ah ha!! Hold on. I just read the fine print at the bottom of this page. I'm off to try it. *lol* Thank you for mentioning that. I'd never noticed this before.

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/resources/installingmods

slink

Quote from: mellowtraumatic on September 30, 2014, 04:39:56 PM
All I did was enabled the mod in the mod menu, then it reloaded the menu like normal, then I loaded my save game. Is there another way to enable it or is that the proper procedure?

You need to enable it inside the loaded game, from the menu.  Otherwise the lack of mods in the loaded game overrides the mods loaded without any game in progress, if that sentence makes any sense to you.  It will then reload your save and the mod will be saved with the game the next time you save it.

mellowtraumatic

Thank you for your help, slink! That was something I'd failed to notice before. :)