News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of the Brewery

Started by slink, October 11, 2014, 01:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

I need to fix the smoke locations, and add another worker.  Any other suggestions?  Other than barley and hops, that is?   ;)

RedKetchup

everything is awesome but the roof. need to change that roof, the roof is ugly and dont fit.

i would see also, the house bigger, feel too small to fit with the look, i would say +1 x +1 more. but without to make height bigger

but the roof, definetly cant let it like that. pickup and capture some roof of the game. you ll make it blend into the game
(your first draw i was extremly polite and respectful cause it was your very first draw, just an excercise but this one you need to fix ^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

I'd agree with the comment about the roof. No idea how one would capture something like this from the game when the 3d models are unavailable, but how about the roof from the woodhouse?

Didn't like the big footprint that is coloured either, so would it possible to change that so it looks more in tune with the grass besides it? Or make the brewery fill the footprint a bit better so the farming-like ground appears smaller?

Other than that it looks really good. You're learning fast :)

RedKetchup

oh ya the footprint need to be = to the foundations of the building.

about how i get the roof texture of the game ? start game , build the building , zoom at max closely , put my camera at good angle ... and ... printscreen !
and then i go in an image prog like photoshop, i cut a square that i resize 64x64, or 128x128, or 256x256 and i save and i use it

like this cathedral roof :

slink

Are these proportions and this roof more pleasing?   :)

The roof I am now using is shown below.  This is the way it renders.

The footprint is as close as I can make it to the size of the building without the building overlapping neighboring buildings.  My problem is in the texture I am using, but I have not yet figured that out.  The best I can do right now is to make the footprint a more-or-less neutral color.

RedKetchup

try this one, your own roof 256x256, copied and then resized to 512 , pasted 4 times at 4 corner, and then resized back to 256 (so 4x the amount of tiles)

about proportions now they are good. just your footprint. footprint way too large, you need to not see at all the footprint going out of your house foundations, you need to not see all the muds all around the house

also your 'createplace' is a bit too big. surely you can cut 2 width and maybe 3

Pangaea

That roof texture looks excellent, so hopefully you manage to get it onto the model in-game too.

Wouldn't be able to do this myself, don't have the knowledge, but it's still interesting to learn more about the process from these posts, so thanks to both of you.

Of course, with a brewery and red wine, now we need a wine cellar to store it all...  ;D j/k

RedKetchup

slink

Much better, thank you @RedKetchup.  It could stand to be even smaller, but I know how to do that now.

The smokes are still evading me.  They are perfectly in line right to left, but dislocated behind and upward of the location of the boxes.  This is even after they were re-created and moved down into the smokestacks like they are for the apiary.

I made the footprint as narrow as I can.

slink

Also, here is Version 0.2 of the Brewery.

Nilla

Thanks for the nice brewery!

Opposite to @RedKetchup and @Pangaea, I liked the first roof. At the small pictures it looked like a thatched roof (maybe not perfectly executed, but the idea is great).

As we so oft look at the buildings from above, we need a more variety of roofs and one made of reed wold be very nice.

RedKetchup

i would suggest to make again abit smaller your roof tiles, another shot and should be good.

still need to fix your footprint.png, and cut all those muds all around that go further than your building, i made some paint.exe with big red X to show you.

Quote from: slink on October 11, 2014, 03:59:31 PM

The smokes are still evading me.  They are perfectly in line right to left, but dislocated behind and upward of the location of the boxes.

then you need to move the boxes while ungrouped. if they are behind then take the boxed and bring it a bit toward the front of the build, about upward, i dont understand the meaning. but if they are too much in a direction, bring the box opposite of it, like an horse that pull a cart.

the screenshot #2 is to show you where i need to put my 2 smoke dummies of my college so they really get out of my chimneys in game. see how far they can be ? need to find where to put them in your screen and verify in game and adjust as needed

slink

I'm tired for today.  I make silly mistakes if I work when I am too tired.  Like last night when I struggled for two hours with a supposedly missing file that I could see clearly was there.  This morning I realized it was there, only with one small error in the filename.  The file SJGLBreweryRoofTexture.rsc was actually named SJGLBreweryRoofTexture .rsc - which is much easier to see on this screen than it was in the tiny directory font.

So I will give it a rest tonight.   :)

RedKetchup

you worked well today, made some progress. and no worries we all pass there, losing 5-6 hrs on an non-significient stupid mistake we dont see. it's part of the game.

in 2 month from here.... it will go better and faster ^^

and when you ll be done with that ... you will go back and fix those very ugly market building and do better ! thats horrible ! ^^

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 11, 2014, 04:49:36 PM
and when you ll be done with that ... you will go back and fix those very ugly market building and do better ! thats horrible ! ^^
Ah yes, your famous polite and respectful regard which has been obvious since your shocked comment in that thread when I released the mod.   ;D

The only thing I may do on that mod is to find away to make the color not so dark.  If it were made of polygons and had lights, I would say the inside was out on some surfaces, but it's not and there aren't.  However, it was polygons to start with and it did come with lights, so perhaps parts of it are inside out and the mesh somehow remembers.  It's been almost twenty years since I used a modelling program, and I never learned more than how to be a draftsman with it.  I made some nice overhead graphics transparencies for a presentation that my husband gave, illustrating some products on shelves among other things.  I was very proud of them.  They were printed with a color inkjet on a special transparency material, that my employer said didn't exist and could not do that.  He was an idiot, and I did not stay his employee for more than a few months.  I kept my husband, however.   ;)