News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I need a lawn

Started by irrelevant, October 26, 2014, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 28, 2014, 01:56:51 PM
When I clicked on the area, it showed a ? on the icon and gave options for changing to a farm field.  Any ideas???
That's what mine looked like too. It was complete at this point. Possibly you cannot change the color of leveled terrain at all.

I'll test this when I get home this evening

slink

I have no idea how the leveling mod works.

irrelevant

This is what it looks like when I place a lawn on a flattened hillside. It's like the lawn-farm is just transparent, which works fine on ground that was flat to begin with.

slink

The lawn farm actually uses the grass terrain instead of the crop field terrain.  I could have made it weedy, like the pasture, but I thought you'd like a nice lawn.   ;D

RedKetchup

if you want to give the 'food limit' and just hide it :) put a

Flags _flags = Hidden;

just at the right place like:

RibbonDescription resourceLimit
{
Flags _flags = Hidden;
Alignment _alignment = TopRight;
bool vertical = false;
int _topPad = 8;
int _cellPad = 8;

ElementDescription _elements
[
"labelLimit",
"editLimit",
]

Dialog _toolTipDialog = "Dialog/ToolTip.rsc";
StringTable _toolTipStringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:gameDialogs";
String _toolTipText = "FoodLimitTip";
}

/wink /wink
;D ;D ;D

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

bubbamcgee

Slink... that is exactly what mine looks like as well... transparent.  Don't care if there are weeds or not... just want to cover over the brown ground.

slink

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 28, 2014, 05:01:46 PM
Slink... that is exactly what mine looks like as well... transparent.  Don't care if there are weeds or not... just want to cover over the brown ground.

I can't help you with the results of using the leveling mod.  I don't know how that mod works.

irrelevant

@slink well, it did exactly what I needed, so thank you again!

bubbamcgee

Sorry, Slink, I should have said the flatten terrain tool.  If you look at the image irrelevant posted, you will see that there is still a portion of the flattened hill (in the box where the lawn is located) that is still brown.  I would love to see that entire area filled in as grass.

slink

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 28, 2014, 08:16:12 PM
Sorry, Slink, I should have said the flatten terrain tool.  If you look at the image irrelevant posted, you will see that there is still a portion of the flattened hill (in the box where the lawn is located) that is still brown.  I would love to see that entire area filled in as grass.

It is from a mod, is it not?  I don't recall seeing any flatten terrain tool in the standard game.

bubbamcgee

slink

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 29, 2014, 07:41:13 AM
Slink, it is a mod.  You can see more here: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/35-Flatten-Terrain-Tool
I still don't know how it works.  That is to say, I do not know what the code in it says, so I cannot say why my lawn won't grow properly on it.  In role-playing terms, one could say the soil is all clay, but there must be a real reason why it won't take any other terrain.

rkelly17

I used the flatten terrain tool for a couple of maps when it first came out. It did not change the texture of the terrain it flattened: grass was grass and mountains were mountains, even when flat. The land that arose from the lake bottom was really ugly. When I built or planted crops on the former mountain, those buildings, such as fields, that have non-transparent bases kept their own texture. Some buildings must have transparent textures under them because they did not change the underlying mountain texture. But this has been several weeks and many maps ago so my memory is open to question.

slink

Well, I could be wrong about the texture I am using, but it is called grass.  Maybe that translates to transparent because the game was only supposed to be building on grassland.

Denis de la Rive

I think that could explain why it seems to be transparent, that would also explain why it dose not cover the darker soil left by flattening mod. You could try the pasture texture to see if it will change the results, I'm will to test.  :)