News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - North Pole South Annex - Story 21

Started by Abandoned, December 08, 2017, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@RedKetchup the wall texture seems a bit dark, the new version lacks the warm glow the old version seemed to have, but it still looks a bit too dark.  I notice the little flickering torch light by the door.  There is no problem with building or adding second story or with Bannies moving in, just the texture.

RedKetchup

it is only that one with the green roof ? or all of those ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

note: reply to roof question in mod discussion thread.

Chapter 8

By Autumn of year 8, there was a house built for every couple who wanted one.  The main part of town was nicely developed but could use a few more storage places.  The North Pole South Annex was quite productive.

On the other side of the river, the first walnuts were gathered.  The second story was built onto the little house and the occupants of the new addition said the view of the river from their windows was fantastic.  Another little house was built nearby and a field was being cleared to plant the potato seed that Auren the seed trader brought with him on his last stop.  What respectable shire did not have a field of potatoes? 

Again there was an early freeze but the apple harvest was better than it had been the previous two years.  This year we lost a small percentage of the wheat crop.

Lamarcellus, the general goods merchant, arrived at the new trading post but had nothing we needed.  He did have some delicious looking wedges of cheese and we again hoped we would be able to trade for dairy cows soon.  A creamery would be a nice addition to our town but townspeople were again expressing a desire for something other than milk or eggnog to drink.

Our population was now 90, 50 adults, 17 students, and 23 young children.  Our education rate was 42%.  Maybe next year we would need another school.

Abandoned

Chapter 9

In early spring of year 9 we built a spice house near the trading posts.  When the seed merchant arrived we sent him on his way.  We had not decided where or what we wanted to plant next.  In spring 4 more elves arrived so we built more houses and a barn storage unit by the apple orchard.  The elves built a bakery workplace and began baking herb bread.  They remind us that it was important this time of year when the days were short that it was important to eat healthy foods and not just treats. 

On the other side of the river we built a tiny school insuring no child would miss out on getting an education.  Next to the school we built a grape house and closer to the river another animal shed was built.  When Mannine, the livestock merchant, arrived we ordered Fresian cows.

We had an early snowfall that year but the rest of the potato harvest did eventually make it into the storage shed.  The potatoes that didn't make it into pots of mutton or venison stew went to the new snack stand to be baked.  Parents were happy the children had a nice hot baked potato to snack on instead of candy.  They would also have more apples, with the new barn storage so close the orchard farmers could spend more time harvesting the apples, we had the best harvest ever.

brads3

being up there in the cold, do you have a coffee greenhouse and a grinder???

Abandoned

Abandoned

Chapter 10

By early spring of year 10, we had our 1st plum harvest and a Christmas baker began making plum cakes.  When the seed merchant arrived we traded for chestnut seeds and immediately clear the land and planted an orchard next to the potato field.  Ayde, the elf working at the snack stand, said in a few years he would have chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

Over by the Colonial chapel a cow pasture was prepared in anticipation of the arrival of the milk cows we ordered.  A Christmas tree was decorated long before the Thanksgiving Day services and before the first snowfall, an orange forester began planting orange trees.  Like apples, oranges made great stocking stuffers.  And orchard gatherer would collect wild foods until there were oranges to harvest. 

Before year 10 drew to an end, a spice garden was built by the grape house and construction began on the long awaited Yule Tap tavern.

RedKetchup

just destroy the little house and rebuild them. if you downloaded the 2.2 version, after rebuild they should look ok
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@RedKetchup and @kid1293 thank you for updates.  I downloaded and installed both little house update and colonial house update and when I loaded map the little houses were as pretty as they should be.  :) 

Nilla

There you have your really pretty Green village! I`m pleased, that you solved the problem!

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Abandoned

I do like that green and it matches so well with Kids Tiny School, I am thinking blue little house will match with Tiny blue pieces.  I am also thinking next time I rearrange my mod list, little house with have to move up to the must have group.  :)

Abandoned

Chapter 11

The Yule Tap was completed by early spring of year 11 and soon grapes and spices would be brewed into comforting mulled wine to warm and enjoy by the fire on cold winter evenings.  Another Yule Tap was constructed on the other side of town, apple cider would be brewed there.

We were in need of more laborers so were happy to welcome 5 more elves in spring.  One of them would plant the new pecan orchard, our final stocking stuffer.  We had a lot of work to do.  We built more houses and collected stone and iron when needed.  We began construction on a 3rd bridge and a general store by the pasture north of the barn storage.  Both were completed by early spring of year 12.  Although merchants stopped by quite often now, we still did not have cows for that pasture.

In spring, 4 elves arrived but did not stay.  The were checking on our progress for Santa.  They also informed us that we would need to clear a large area for the sleigh to land.  It would be a good idea to store the needed stocking stuffers near the landing area so the sleigh could be loaded quickly and Santa would be on his way without delay.

We had no pecan or oranges yet but the orange trees were doing quite well by autumn.  We did however have our first harvest of chestnuts and looked forward to a special warm snack that Christmas.  A warm snack or hot apple cider were especially got after hours of tree cutting and supply gathering.  A large area was cleared for the landing area and the foundation was being laid for a large warehouse to store the needed stocking stuffers.  We knew Santa would be coming soon.

brads3

what kind of magic soil do you have to grow oranges and pecans so far north??

Abandoned