News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD : Steph's Grain Silos v 2.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 28, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

no need of this apiary skin anymore, i learn to do it without it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i have a market in my files :)

but maybe he would find it ... too much colorful haha

Bobbi

assobanana76

wow!! another great job!!
u must put it on workshop!!!  :D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

slink

Yes, @RedKetchup, you have learned thankfully to do without the patchworks but the original buildings still use it and we can't see the patches.

Is that an AK-47 the man in the market is holding?  (just kidding)

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on September 29, 2014, 05:57:27 AM
Yes, @RedKetchup, you have learned thankfully to do without the patchworks but the original buildings still use it and we can't see the patches.

Is that an AK-47 the man in the market is holding?  (just kidding)

I don't know how @RedKetchup are doing the mods, but what exactly is the advantage to these patchwork *.pngs? Is there less strain on the computer when there are hundreds of the same building when the .png is used? Many in here are building massive towns afterall, so if it starts lagging at earlier sizes, that might not be so fun.

That grain silo looks great btw. Would be excellent if you could select what type of  good was inside it, though, either by those dropdown boxes, similar to production by the blacksmith for instance, or by different version of them. Elsewise I reckon coal and grain will be stored in the same silo.

Would also be great with something similar for 'normal' storage of other food types, tools, clothes and so forth. Perhaps then we could have some central storage locatations, that store much more than barns, and then the vendors can take stuff from these to barns which need it, or markets.

RedKetchup

of course grain and coal wil be stored in same building :(
but i did what asked :) maybe i should have pushed some arguments against it :)

mellowtraumatic

Is there a way to make them like the Specialized Storage Barns mod where you would have two building options, a silo for grain and a silo for coal?

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 29, 2014, 02:06:25 PM
of course grain and coal wil be stored in same building :(
but i did what asked :) maybe i should have pushed some arguments against it :)

Don't feel so bad, @RedKetchup. Back in the days of steam locomotives the structures the railroads used to store coal looked a lot like silos. Coal dealers had similar structures in pretty much every town in Eastern and Central North America (Us crazy Westerners used oil for our locomotives and gas for heating--we didn't have coal nearby). Maybe the citizens are looking ahead to the day when someone builds a railroad through the settlement.  ;D

RedKetchup

yes i can also seperate them making 2 building same mesh but maybe ... color different ?

mellowtraumatic

Pangaea

Yes, some type of visual difference would be preferable, so they stand out from each other. And different names, obviously :p

RedKetchup

bah i ll call it Grain Silo and the other Coal Silo :P

Pangaea

One question that caught my mind, will vendors put grain from overflowing barns into this silo, or will stuff just get there if farmers and such happen to put it there originally?

An other alternative, more for a new mod really, would be to create a Trading OP-like building, but that can be constructed inland, with similar storing capacity, with vendors/merchants working there, with similar limits capability as the TPs. That way we could choose e.g. 10,000 apples, and the workers would put it there from nearby markets and barns. With such inland storage capability, we could construct fewer barns, and thus get more room for other buildings. I sometimes use the TPs simply for temporary storage ("storage room for logs, etc is overflowing"), and it would be excellent to have such buildings elsewhere too.

RedKetchup

yeah it s kinda in my project list. cant do hundred of things in same time ^^ specially when the 3D-game laugh at me in the face and i lose tons of hours cause it doesnt want to understand want i want or what i did :S