News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Compatible mod for CC

Started by BurnPapaya, March 08, 2021, 06:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurnPapaya

What are the mods compatible with CC: Journey?

Goblin Girl

First of all, Megamod contains CC journey and a whole bunch of other things.  You need to know that some of the other mods have been tweaked so that they all work together.  For instance, the flax problem is solved if the only mod you use is megamod, but as soon as you start adding other mods that use flax, you will have problems again.

Any mod that just offers housing is compatible with CC, as long as it uses the same materials to construct those houses.  Off the top of my head, I think Discrepency is the only modder who has some houses and other buildings that require unique inputs.  His older housing mods use vanilla inputs, but the later ones require things that only his buildings can produce.

Then there are some instances where mods work together, but have different inputs.  For example, bakeries have been made by Blackliquid, Kid, Discrepency, and RK.  Maybe others I'm not remembering.  Each of these has different inputs and outputs.  I don't find that to be a problem, in fact I think it adds verisimilitude, since IRL you would find different things for sale, made with different recipes, at different bakeries.  Other examples of this are the various smokers, food dryers, dairies, and apiaries.  You can mix and match these.

Then you have some weirdnesses with fuel.  There's firewood, of course, but also a whole bunch of other types of fuel, used in various product chains.  These are not necessarily compatible.  It won't crash your game, you'll just have a building pumping out something that no other building can use.  The solution is to tear the building down and trade away the junk resource, and build one that produces a product you can actually use.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Goblin Girl

It occurs to me that my answer above may not have exactly answered your question.

There are literally hundreds of mods now, so giving you an exact list isn't really possible.  That's why I just talked about the different kinds of mods, and how they might alter the game.  But there's more.  Load order is important.  You just have to play around with that to see which order gives your game the results you want.

In general, nothing you do will break your game forever.  If you try a mod and don't like what happens, then remove it and try again.

However, whenever you change mods, it's important that you do the following:

Start the game.  Order and enable your mods.  Start a map.  Exit the game completely. If you don't do this, your game will crash, because there will be a registry conflict. 

My final thought: Kid's mods tend to play well with everything.  I'd recommend you pick one of his theme sets, and load it above CC.  Then try it below CC.  Notice if there are any differences, looking especially at crops, bakeries, whether his tailor will make coats with the flax that's gathered, and also if market workers get stuck in a loop or not.  I've had problems like the last one with the swamp set, unless I place it below CC.  But your mileage may vary.

There isn't a black and white answer to your question.  It's trial and error.  Good luck!

angainor88

Yes, there are a lot of mods here, so it is better to ask if specific ones that you want are compatible with CC. A lot will be, but not all of them.

BurnPapaya

Can i use Jetty and Bridge with CC?

Goblin Girl

Quote from: BurnPapaya on March 12, 2021, 12:21:54 AM
Can i use Jetty and Bridge with CC?

I'm sure you can, *but* this is one of the DS mods that has construction materials that are unique to his mods.  What I don't know is if the buildings to create those materials are included in Jetty & Bridge, or if you'd have to load other mods of his.  Go read what he has to say about Jetty & Bridge first.  He's very good about giving complete details.