News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Updating right now. should be ready in about 30 minutes :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Just uploaded version 17021 of the Unified Mod. As tuggistar found out I forgot to add the newer version of the large beach with the small fishing dock.
The newer version is now added. I think it is save compatible but probably not if a older large beach is build all ready.

embx61

Did not do much the last couple of days.
Picked up the Arch again and it is almost finished.

I added a Clay Pit and a Pottery to the SV production Set.

The Pottery will produce Amphoras from Clay, Water, and some different Fuels.

The Amphoras will be needed for the Oil Press to store the oils in so will have a real use instead of just a being a trading item.
Later maybe other production buildings resources can have a use for Amphoras as well.

I think I can release both Mods with a day or 2.
Good to see @Paeng and @Necora back again and hope of a soon return of @Nilla as well. :)

embx61

Released yesterday newer versions of the Village Set and the Village Food Modular Mod.
There was a request to make the pastures max size 40x40 instead of 25x25 so i changed this.

Just released the Porta Exilium Mod which is the next land mark for the Banished world :)

Work on the update of the Village Production Addon is near completion.
The set will be extended with three more buildings, a Clay Pit, Pottery, and Preservist.

The claypit will gather clay. The pottery produces Amphoras from Clay and either Coal or Charcoal.
The Preservist will make some Potted Meat from some meats, salt and a Amphora.
Potted Fruits from some fruits, Honey, and a Amphora.

As Banished has no food decay mechanic this is a way to increase the food a fair bit (Mostly 7 for example Venison go in with 2 salt and 1 Amphora as storage container to get about 12 to 14 preserved potted food out which is a in a way telling the game because of preservation we have more food.  :)

I will later add a small Apiary for honey gathering but the rawmaterial file honey will be included in this version so have to either load a mod which have apiary or get honey from a trader till the next update which will have a small apiary.

zak4862

Hi embx61!
Since you allready added a clay pit, it would be really nice if you would also add an option to produce some bricks and roof tiles to this mod.
We dont have an actual newest small standalone mod with production for glass and bricks & roof tiles together.
It would be even better if you could just add a simple kiln to your production set No2, there is allready a shore hut to collect clay and sand.
Anyway it was just a thought - sugestion.
   Regards  zak 4862  :)

P.S. Very beautiful work on Porta Exilium

embx61

I will later add a kiln for bricks. First I going to make some stone houses with different brick/stone and roof textures.
Those will be up scaled houses which will require bricks as requirement.

zak4862

Awesome,we will have more different houses to build. Since yours deco statues and monuments are so beautiful
I have one more wish - sugestion. I would love to have a really small, old looking statue of a traper - like a settler founder of a village/city.
It should also have a happines radius for banies. What do you think, is it possible?
    Regards zak 4862  :)

embx61

Sure I can find a statue, but what is a traper?

zak4862

Like frontier man Davy Crocket ( a trapper) or first settler. They were hunters and they build wooden cotagges when they have settled the land. In time they also started
to farming.

P.S. Just type "trapper pictures" in google search.

embx61

Ah, I see, so just a statue of a man which act as the first settler and just on a 1x1 square and give some happiness.
It will be just as the founding father monument but then smaller?

zak4862

Yes please, if you could spare some time for that.  :)

embx61

Give me a couple of days and I will have one made :)

zak4862

Thank you very,very much. Those poeple were really the first settlers and founders. I allways admired their courage
and strong will for survival and success.  :)

embx61

While looking for a statue I started working several things.

A set of 4 x 4 stone houses with several Brick and roof textures. 1 House is about finished but want to make some more shapes.

Tomorrow I will start on a small beehive so i can finish the Village Production Addon set.
A Kiln for roof tiles and Brick is also planned so the houses set can use bricks and roof tiles as build requirements.

1 house almost finished in 3ds Max.

elemental

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

I've been playing with your village set and it's great. One comment I would make though is that your village houses are all the same height. That isn't a bad thing in itself, but a bit of variety in height is something you might like to consider with this new set. Perhaps some 2 x 3 taller houses or something like that? Perhaps even some fancy overlap multi-storey houses similar to Red's NMT series. Again, looking forward to see what you come up with.  :)