News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1a.

This new version 1.1 offers a redesign of the toolbar. Except the main toolbar icon, all icons that open a menu have a red square all around. It gives a more visual indication that more thing will open once you click them.

This new version offer the first Medieval Corner Buildings made :

- Medieval Archeology Center : This new building offer a new resource made from stones. The new profession Archeologist studies the stones that have been gathered by your citizens and try to find Archeology Artefacts. These artefacts serve to rebuild some Archeology Restored Sites. For the moment there are only 3 sites, but more to come in future patchs :)
- - Ruins : Rebuild these very old ruins dating from the King Arthur and his proud knights. This Archelogy Restored Site has a decoration purpose.
- - Stonehenge : Rebuild this very ancien Archeology Site and use it as a 'druidic' religion :) You can assign a priest to it, and can provide happiness up to 200 citizens.
- - Abandonned Church : Rebuild and reclaim this very old church and use it as an actual church. You can assign a priest to it and can provide happiness up to 250 citizens.

- Medieval 3 story Hostel : These 3 level Hostels is a new progressive way to host your new nomads and homeless citizens. It can shelter 3 families of 5 people on each level of this big corner house, for a total of 9 families of 5 (45 bannies). you will also find a new icon upgrade on these : the only purpose is to optimize and reduce the graphic to help your computer a little bit. it get rid of all unecessary roofs and other hidden piece. never click on that if you didnt built another story on top of it. This is a part of a new testing feature which can maybe be expanded to all the Medieval Houses if people like it.

- Medieval Pond has changed texture and has now a murky water texture that better suit a pond.

- Medieval Apiary : This original building made by the developper as a mod is now integrated into Medieval Town. The purpose of its integration is to reduce unecessary external mod to provide honey. The graphic is the same as the original, but the number have been tweak to get rid of the overpowered production. it has exactly the same numbers of my Re-Balanced Apiary Mod. You wont be obligated anymore to buy your honey from merchants or use the original mod.
- - A new resource : Mead has been added to the Medieval Tavern. it uses 5 honey per mead, and has the same value as CC Mod.

- Medieval Creamery : I integrated my old dairy mod and is now part of Medieval Town. Even if the design is mostly the same, it has been revamp to fit entirely Medieval Town. The main building is totally compatible with a 2nd floor Medieval House, you wont be able to build a 3rd level though.
- - A new resource : Butter has been added to the Medieval Creamery and its purpose is to make this building compatible with the Colonial Charter Mods :) you will able to use its butter and craft CC recipes.
- - A new Livestock has been created : Milky Cow. These cows will provide milk all along their lives (Cattle dont provide milk) but when they are slaughtered, they will provide a lesser quantity of 'beef' in comparaison to Cattle. They will cost the same price at the livestock merchant. All cow and cattle will have the same texture : black and white.

- Medieval Grain Silos (and Coal Silo) : I also integrated my old Steph's Grain Silos and totally redesigned its graphic a while ago. it uses now the same textures as the Medieval Tavern. The amount of storage has been lowered just a little bit. The Medieval Grain Silo accepts only the food labelled 'Grain'. a Medieval Coal Silo is also offered to store Coal only.

- Medieval Root Cellar : I also integrated my old Pangaea's Root Cellar. It has completly redesigned and can be build now everywhere on the map. it use the same technology as the Medieval Pond and will let a hole in the ground if you remove it. you can always use the Flatten tool to equalize the ground thenafter if needed. The amount of storage has been also lowered but still high capacity. The cellar accept only vegetables and fruits and it is stored underground for better preservation.

- Medieval Barns : is a full set of 4 different sizes of barns. These new barns have a new look and have slightly better capacity. This purpose of this set of barn is to reduce alot the number of barns we see by hundreds all over the maps.
- - Normal Barn : has the same size of the actual barn (5x8) and has a 10,000 weight capacity.
- - Medium Barn : has a size slightly reduced (4x6) and has a 8,000 weight capacity.
- - Small Barn : is shorter and more smaller (3x5) and has a 6,000 weight capacity.
- - Tiny Barn : is very very tiny (2x3) and has 4,000 weight capacity.

- Medieval Grain Vendor : This new market will only sell grains that was previously offered by the fruit vendors. The Medieval Fruit vendor wont sell grain anymore.

- 2 new crops : Barley and Sorghum. Graciously provided by CC Team member, Kralyerg, these 2 favorite new grains will provide a better variety number to that less populated category. The files provided haven't been edited and use exactly the same files as CC:CotGL. so 100% compatible crash free (even if it provide a little red warning in the mod window). These 2 crops (and the files) Have been GENEROUSLY provided by Black Liquid Team, the Creators of Colonial Charter Mods.
- - 2 new recipes have been added to the Medieval Mills in order to make flour with those.
- - 2 new recipes have been also added to the Medieval Tavern in order to make Ale with those. They cost the same as Wheat.

The second part of this huge update is : Medieval Canals.
The Medieval Canal that have been introduced in the beta Medieval Castle has been now integrated as part of Medieval Town. This feature wont be available in Medieval Castle anymore although it will keep the Medieval Moats since it really belongs to it. For the occasion i expanded it alot:

- Medieval Canal : has now 2 different skins. and each set has 3 different sizes : 4 tiles wide (4X) for small towns, 8 tiles wide (8x) for big town, and 6 tiles wide (6X) for intermediate size between the 2 other size. People will also be able to mix them all with the help of 2 'jokers' or 'adaptors' a Canal 6 to 8 and a canal 4 to 6 have been provided.
- - New Medieval Canal set : This set has the same stone texture used in all Medieval Town and fit perfectly with the building provided in this Mod.
- - Old Medieval Canal set : This set has a different stone texture, very similar to the one used in Colonial Charter Mod and fit perfectly with the buildings provided in CC:CotGL.

I hope sincerly that you will enjoy this huge update. It will be also available on Steam in few days, but i am waiting to see if i heard people crashing while applying this update to their saves. As usual, take all the precaution before applying this update :
- Do a special save of your city first. and keep it clear.
- Do a copy of your old version (1.02b) in a safe seperate folder.
- Once that done, apply the patch and launch a new game or load your towns

We are never too careful !

and Enjoy !!!

This mod is available here :
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=76

1.1b bugfixes:

- fixed the new and old 4x docks where the storage werent allowed. a paragraph was missing in the UI section.
- fixed medieval tavern where 2 worker were allowed to work but only for 1 spot for a citizen working.
- fixed footprint of stonehedge, should be a bit darker now.

> > > Support Medieval Town development with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

way2square2behip

Downloading now... can't wait  :)  Also, thanks for the beta of the Castles and Canals.  I had a lot of fun giving my Llama a home:

RedKetchup

haha, nice !!!!!!  ;D ;D
its treasures wont be stolen  ;D

i hope you will enjoy the new Medieval Canal system provided with this new 1.1 version :)

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

GalavanteLantern

I've noticed a slight graphical path issue with the medieval pond.
when placing the pond the foot path [1st image] is within the fences.
this being so when putting a road to it the path is now within the fences instead of outside them, making the building look like it's blocking the road.

It still works just fine, just thought I'd point it out and see if you knew about it.

chillzz

@RedKetchup do you have a download link for me?
the one here on WoB redirects to mega.. then nothing due to a 'certificate not valid' error.. :/
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: GalavanteLantern on July 02, 2015, 02:29:32 PM
I've noticed a slight graphical path issue with the medieval pond.
when placing the pond the foot path [1st image] is within the fences.
this being so when putting a road to it the path is now within the fences instead of outside them, making the building look like it's blocking the road.

It still works just fine, just thought I'd point it out and see if you knew about it.

thats the old one, it has been fixed in 1.1

@chillzz : gimme a couple of minute. will upload to OneDrive :)

RedKetchup

the upload is in process :) 211MB is long with my low connection ^^

chillzz

thanx @RedKetchup   it's a first ever i cannot download something ...

reading what you've done in this version... and in such short time. truly amazing!

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on July 02, 2015, 02:59:11 PM
thanx @RedKetchup   it's a first ever i cannot download something ...

reading what you've done in this version... and in such short time. truly amazing!

i pushed alot and very strongly this week to release it.

cant wait to see impressions and to know if someone will crash ^^
( 163mb/211mb uploaded so far )

chillzz

btw, will New Medieval Castle clash with canal from this one? if so i'll disable it for the test, or put it below the new NMT

RedKetchup

if you load a saved and canal made with the old ... .you will need to let it there i think.
and if you put NMT first, you will probably get the new ones graphic files.

keep in mind the new ones are in medieval town :)

(sent you a PM with the link)

chillzz

most current towns aren't worth saving, as most were testing new mods ;)
but will test with upgrade, then with completely new towns.

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 02, 2015, 03:19:53 PM
(sent you a PM with the link)
it's in now (hopefully without problems..) 

Let's start application-x64 ;)