Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Idling Locations

Started by slink, August 26, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

@irrelevant : http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/mods
then look for the section :
Banished Toolkit 1.0.4 Build 141123 | The mod kit is currently version 1.0.4 Build 141123.

When downloaded the .zip,   follow instructions of README.HTML

the Banished Toolkit, is actually the test environment for mods, before they're packaged and able to be shared with others.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on April 08, 2015, 05:51:05 PM
What is the toolkit debug tool? How do I install it?

When I look at my download, it says "toolkit debug tool," but when I click on the "deer populatioin" pulldown, nothing happens.

yeah you would need to install the toolkit itself
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I've read the instructions and they are totally opaque to me, embarrassingly enough.

Can someone tell me in english what file I need to copy from this zip and where I need to copy it to?  :D ;) :-[

Or do I rightclick and extract the entire contents of the .zip to the "banished" folder?

chillzz

Quote from: irrelevant on April 08, 2015, 06:10:22 PM
I've read the instructions and they are totally opaque to me, embarrassingly enough.

Can someone tell me in english what file I need to copy from this zip and where I need to copy it to?  :D ;) :-[
if it was just a few files ;)
1. ) Download zip
2. ) extract .zip to a location i.e.  c:\banished-toolkit
3. ) copy banished game \windata\data0.pkg to c:\banished-toolkit\bin\windata\
4. ) Install DirectX End User Runtime :  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
5.) Install  Visual Studio 2012 Redist :  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
6.) Almost done!   run the file BuildResources.bat
will take a while...

7.) You now have a test environment for your own mods :P
c:\banished-toolkit\bin\x32 or x64  \ Application-x??-profile.exe  will be the "game"  with extended debuging etc.

irrelevant

@chillzz so you are saying in step 2 that I am creating a completely new folder to extract this zip to?

irrelevant

Quote from: irrelevant on April 08, 2015, 06:10:22 PM

Or do I rightclick and extract the entire contents of the .zip to the "banished" folder?
@RedKetchup btw this was not intended to be a dig at you. I was simply admitting that I am pretty much tech-illiterate.  ;D ;D ;D

RedKetchup

hehe sorry.... was in preparation for the raid that will start in few minutes ^^

yup you will need to pass by all the 'i want to mod - but i m noob" phase to install that toolkit p ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: irrelevant on April 08, 2015, 06:28:24 PM
@chillzz so you are saying in step 2 that I am creating a completely new folder to extract this zip to?
correct. and it should contain all files from within the zip.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 08, 2015, 06:50:43 PM
hehe sorry.... was in preparation for the raid that will start in few minutes ^^

yup you will need to pass by all the 'i want to mod - but i m noob" phase to install that toolkit p ^^

Quote from: chillzz on April 08, 2015, 07:27:57 PM
Quote from: irrelevant on April 08, 2015, 06:28:24 PM
correct. and it should contain all files from within the zip.

Thanks to you both. I'll give this a go on Friday.