News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

changed just the template to fit in a 2x2 tile. and sent you the link by personal messaging.

edit: i mean 2x2+1 for the road
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 21, 2017, 11:16:04 PM
a played abit again today ....

i picked up a little list to do for my Editor's Choice personal version :)

fix orchards to have rows every 2 tiles (not 3 as vanilla)
make a better looking wood butcher (much similar to Old Wood housing texture)
i need to check for Buzy Laborers.... i like the feature to ask go harvest wild and herbs.
add starting conditions : use my seeds instead of vanilla one or all of them (probably)
i can maybe check to add iron ore and change the template of vanilla blacksmith to turn ore into iron.
i also liked alot the watching towers of training camp... i miss them. but i need to be redraw because it was way too small.
and if i do, i ll need to edit vanilla tailor to add fur coat.
i need to finish my orchards to add the full list to it.

i wont use the community toolbar for it though : will put my housing next to vanilla wood house and my personal specialized stockpiles instead of vanilla one. replace the orchard by the new one.

oh also .... i would like to have a better clay pit. something you would need to install on a creek and they would work each side of it and digging for clay.

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 22, 2017, 12:04:58 AM
changed just the template to fit in a 2x2 tile. and sent you the link by personal messaging.

edit: i mean 2x2+1 for the road

You're lovely, thank you very much @RedKetchup :D ;)
I'm downloading it now. 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 22, 2017, 12:43:34 AM
You're lovely, thank you very much @RedKetchup :D ;)
I'm downloading it now.

welcome Query

meanwhile in a Rk Editor's Choice Edition world.....

it is so nice to start the game with new things LOL  :-*
even the red fresian cows are at the "rendez-vous" hehe

embx61

:)

Aspect très beau Red :)

Yeah, I must admit I am enjoying playing as well. :)

Cannot believe I did not play a serious game for about 2 years.

And when I was waiting for the trader to show up so I could see if the boat dummy was working okay (It is okay now) I could see a lot of the buildings others and me made over the last 2 years.
Wish my beautiful wife was here to see the whole village set and some other mods in use :(

I not normally pat myself on the shoulder much but it truly looks so awesome all together :)

It also shows however how much I need to change the vanilla clunkers and make them fit the small village theme.
Lots of work but the spirit and drive are there after seeing it all in action so I make myself some coffee and start another building.

If I need a break I going to play the map again for a while :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on July 22, 2017, 02:05:52 AM
:)

Aspect très beau Red :)

Yeah, I must admit I am enjoying playing as well. :)

Cannot believe I did not play a serious game for about 2 years.

And when I was waiting for the trader to show up so I could see if the boat dummy was working okay (It is okay now) I could see a lot of the buildings others and me made over the last 2 years.
Wish my beautiful wife was here to see the whole village set and some other mods in use :(

I not normally pat myself on the shoulder much but it truly looks so awesome all together :)

It also shows however how much I need to change the vanilla clunkers and make them fit the small village theme.
Lots of work but the spirit and drive are there after seeing it all in action so I make myself some coffee and start another building.

If I need a break I going to play the map again for a while :)

the only ones in here who dont "enjoy" playing with everything we have been made... R Us. because we never really play since 22-33 months
i think we really deserve to enjoy our creations at some point ^^

QueryEverything

@RedKetchup quick question - with the Fodder Farmer, how many tiles gap do I need to leave for the flowers to grow in?
I know the radius is there, but if I want to try and leave spaces, how big is the flower model?

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 22, 2017, 02:49:49 AM
@RedKetchup quick question - with the Fodder Farmer, how many tiles gap do I need to leave for the flowers to grow in?
I know the radius is there, but if I want to try and leave spaces, how big is the flower model?

the model of flowers and the model of fodders look like they cover 3x3 tiles but in fact they are only 1x1 tile large
if you mean by about overlap the circles?... you should try to not overlap too much. it give you no benefits to overlap because they will cover their entire circle no matter what with time.
and also, people need to find a way to pass between each spawns of everything. each patch of fodder, each patch of flowers take the tile and block passageway
this is why i made them "look" as 3x3 but really are 1x1 to give impression it is covered. but in reality there is a super maze created by the game that twine and meander the place

RedKetchup

meanwhile in the RK Editor's Choice Edition ....  lol ......

i changed the look of iron ore. they also will give iron ore now
i changed the vanilla BS to being able to make iron with these iron ore...

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 22, 2017, 03:11:36 AM
Quote from: QueryEverything on July 22, 2017, 02:49:49 AM

the model of flowers and the model of fodders look like they cover 3x3 tiles but in fact they are only 1x1 tile large
if you mean by about overlap the circles?... you should try to not overlap too much. it give you no benefits to overlap because they will cover their entire circle no matter what with time.
and also, people need to find a way to pass between each spawns of everything. each patch of fodder, each patch of flowers take the tile and block passageway
this is why i made them "look" as 3x3 but really are 1x1 to give impression it is covered. but in reality there is a super maze created by the game that twine and meander the place

Thank you for the excellent explanation @RedKetchup that makes perfect sense :D  I have a good idea now on what I need to do!

Also - in other news, I am loving that iron ore.  That is really good!!
I'm not a convert in moving to iron ore (yet), but that texturing, nearly has me over the line.  I really like it - great work.  :D  Thank you!!

RedKetchup

woah ! i am totally surprised !

i took the game i was playing, loaded my save....

and then i ve gone in the mod window and deselected ALL the mods it had ^^
and i added 1 mod : my special kit :

no crash at all !
the city is continuing like if it never happended LOL

Savidan

Nice the Iron really look much better that way, great work again RK !

RedKetchup

Quote from: Savidan on July 22, 2017, 07:16:57 AM
Nice the Iron really look much better that way, great work again RK !

thanks you :)

i also managed to add : Apricot ^^

Gatherer

Hey Mr. Red, after watching all these pics with the peak valley texture I'm wondering if there's any chance that someday there will be a plains mod with that texture?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on July 22, 2017, 10:00:36 AM
Hey Mr. Red, after watching all these pics with the peak valley texture I'm wondering if there's any chance that someday there will be a plains mod with that texture?

it is already available since a while :)

plain version : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=319
[GRID] version : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=325

it is midway from plain and mountains. there is less mountain than a valley, bigger comfortable zones, the few mountains are not necessairly bigger, but they are alot taller.
it is like if the age of the world was more new.

did you tried it ?

or with your question you are really expecteing a big plain with no peaks  at all ?