News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

what really sucks,RED is they move the water all over and then take it home. i put a small shed by the wells to store it in. they move stuff everywhere but where you want it.

Maldrick

Quote from: embx61 on July 20, 2017, 10:14:58 AM

Going to take a break as I was up all night again and going to watch some Columbo :)

I've been a Colombo fan since I was a kid, also. :)

Market looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it out with the trade posts.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

ancientmuse

@embx61

The market turned out awesome !

I love how you added your little well in the center as an added touch of decor, very nice !

That market is going to look great with lots of other sets too.

*happy dance*

;D

embx61

Uploaded version 17002 of the Small Village set.

Added the 5 trade ports and the market.
I did not test a whole lot so hope to get feedback of the traders workings/bugs and consider this a BETA.

As I changed two textures to fit into 1 texture so it will not be save compatible with version 17001 unless all buildings are deleted before updating.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

Looks very nice and not terribly similar like rowhouses.
Nice variation.

The colors are (in my taste) a little pale. I know, weathered, worn look.

Nice to have a whole set. I will test and scream if trader is 15 minutes late. :)

late edit -
(trader was on time) :)
The trading ports are missing a roadtile far left in front. All of them.
The boat point needs to be rotated in z. 90 degrees.

The bannies love their new homes.

embx61

Thanks Kid.

I will add the road tile and rotate the 2 boat dummies.

I looked a lot at your code from your Huge trade port as I never made a trade port and it was very helpful.
One of the benefits that we share our codes, fbx's and stuff :)

Glad the trader is working at least.

I like to add that is what I tried to accomplice. A rather dated and worn look.
I understand this is not for everyone and maybe, just maybe  ;) I will make a bit brighter colored variant for all the buildings but not sure if I have to go F Key or make a separate set.
The thing with F Key is that it jumps to the next in row after placing a building and so players have to be  a bit careful while placing the buildings if they want to have them all in one theme.

A separate set avoids that but I will decide what road I going to take if I get to it.

embx61

Working on the signs as a test.

I sent elemental a PSD file as a template for the size of the signs.

I made two signs (F Key) what will fit my market set as a test.
The original signs I going to delete from the mesh so players can put a ghosted sign on top of the stalls.

Planning to make some categories like signs for the trading ports and the markets and maybe some generic ones what can be placed about anywhere.

Some signs will be double boarded so a name on the top board and the profession on the bottom board so some longer names are possible.

The signs in the image look a bit odd as the original signs of the mesh still have to be deleted. Then I bring the ghosted sign down a bit and it will work :)

embx61

Just uploaded Version 17003 of the Small Village Set.

Fixed the boat dummy and the missing road tile as reported by Kid.

It is save compatible with version 17002 but to make the boat dummy work properly the building has to be deleted and rebuild as I found out in my test.

Not compatible with version 17001 unless all buildings of the set are deleted before saving the map and upload to 17003.

Enjoy!

QueryEverything

Thank you for the very fast turn around & those signs are looking 'spiffy', that is to say - very cool! ;)  Great work @embx61
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Just a small heads up for the 'Farmers Trader'
Why not increase the amount of of seed he carries and make him useful?

embx61

How much you want to increase it?

I have it now at 4 combined with livestock.

int _itemCount = 4;

Not sure how it works within the game and if there is a change the trader brings 4 seeds, or 2 seeds and 2 livestock or 1 live stock and 3 seeds etc.

In the test the farmer trader had only chickens and nothing else so I guess that 4 is a maximum and not a minimum.

RedKetchup

surely depends of city size :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

If I increase too much the players have all the seeds in 3 or 4 times a the trader come if they have the goods to trade for and demolish the building as it is not doing anything anymore.  :P

So the more citizens the more they give but the limit is 4 because I set it to 4? Vanilla was 2 for each so I thought it would be okay to put it at 4 as I combined livestock and seeds in 1 specialized trader. Because it is a specialized trader he comes by about 1x every year and later even twice a year year I believe so to do too much seeds/livestock at once is IMHO just way too easy.
I can increase it a bit, probably to 6 but don't want to make it all to easy so players have all the seeds and livestock within a hour of 4 of playing.

kid1293

Quote from: embx61 on July 22, 2017, 08:30:32 AM
If I increase too much the players have all the seeds in 3 or 4 times a the trader come if they have the goods to trade for and demolish the building as it is not doing anything anymore.  :P

Makes sense. Stay with it.

Gatherer

Is it just me or the ghosted market signs work well together with those already in place?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.