News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Leisure activities and buildings/spaces

Started by gatinho65, June 11, 2014, 04:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatinho65

The villagers just work so dang hard, even if they do have some idle time built in. But hanging out at the well or the cemetery (or hospital I guess, I've never built one yet) seems so pathetic! I wish the tavern had outdoor space so I could see the little guys hanging out there. And it would be nice to have additional leisure buildings, like a dancehall or a festival hall.

Hunter gatherers, the way of life of the vast majority of our human history, had plenty of leisure time. Lots of singing, dancing, gossiping, consciousness altering use of herbs and edibles. Even agricultural societies have plenty of festivals and dances and social activities. I'd love to see that included in the game, especially if some of them were animated so we could watch them. Watching the people at the bar in Tropico is hilarious.

rkelly17

Even weirder, some of the citizens idle in the livestock pen at the trading post. I can only imagine the desperate life of someone who hangs out at a stockyard for fun.

Kaldir

Must be coincidence that I was just now reading about @Paeng's dancing nomads. With the dancing already in game, that dancing hall must be a piece of cake.

salamander

Dancing nomads complete with rocket launchers.  Might be best to leave them outside for this activity.  ::)

Bobbi

Quote from: rkelly17 on June 12, 2014, 08:25:11 AM
Even weirder, some of the citizens idle in the livestock pen at the trading post. I can only imagine the desperate life of someone who hangs out at a stockyard for fun.

At least the cemeteries are not smelly...

gatinho65

Wow, dancing nomads, I look forward to that. I've only ever accepted them once, just 5, it turned out okay and I didn't regret it.

rkelly17

@gatinho65, the nomad dance is hard to catch. The only time I've seen it is when I paused the game before accepting nomads and then kept it paused until I found them--and they appear and disappear as you move the "camera," so you have to look carefully in the areas where they were hanging out before you accepted them. It is entertaining, though.

salamander

I've desperately been trying to catch the Dance in my current game, to the point of admitting nomads when I know I shouldn't, but so far with no luck.  However, I haven't been doing what @rkelly17 says (ie, leaving it paused while moving the camera around).  Following that suggestion, maybe I'll have some better luck soon.  At least I hope so ... I want to see it for myself.