News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Immortal Orchard Trees - slink (SJGL)

Started by slink, September 03, 2014, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alycya

Quote from: Bobbi on September 04, 2014, 03:11:15 PM
But can that mod be used with your mod? If they die, they still don't look pretty....

I'm running both and it hasn't flagged up a conflict  :)

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 04, 2014, 08:30:21 AM
I agree whole-heartedly with sharing source for these mods.  I even considered including my source directories in my zip files, but did not yet because no one else is.  You show me yours and I'll show you mine.  *grin*  Seriously, I can include them.

I also love the taste of honey.  I agree that honey is nothing but sugars and a little impure water.  I made the tavern only require 10 units for mead, and removed all of the categories from the edible line in my copy of the apiary.  That probably means that people can satisfy their hunger with honey without meeting any of their nutritional needs, but isn't that true?

@slink, what do you think of a Modders board that only modders belong to where you can share source?  Membership will be with an agreement that credit will be given and shared where appropriate. That kind of thing.  Too restrictive? Not necessary? 

I'd like to see some tutorials on how to create mods as well.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

It almost seems as if making mods is going to progress in the same fashion as playing the game, with different people getting different results from apparently the same actions.  For instance, I can rename mods at will but Paeng cannot.  That's just a comment, not a vote.  I need to go make breakfast now.   ;)

rkelly17

First, let me say a big thank you to @slink for the immortal trees. I'm using them in my entry for the beauty challenge and my boulevard looks good all the time and not just in those rare periods when all the trees are healthy.

Quote from: solarscreen on September 04, 2014, 07:50:54 PM
@slink, what do you think of a Modders board that only modders belong to where you can share source?  Membership will be with an agreement that credit will be given and shared where appropriate. That kind of thing.  Too restrictive? Not necessary? 

I'd like to see some tutorials on how to create mods as well.

I would really like to see some modding tutorials. I want to do it, but so far all the files and everything are just too overwhelming. I'd also hope that any board for modders would be open to those who are still learning and offer some tips and examples of how different things have been done.

Paeng

Quote from: slink on September 03, 2014, 09:23:48 AMso here it is.

Woah, almost missed it - you folks are so fast  ;D

Awesome, thank you so much!

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rageingnonsense

Better Fields author here. It should absolutely be compatible with this. Better Fields does not touch the trees in the game at all, it just affects field placement/size and worker count. It should compliment this mod quite nicely!

rkelly17

I'm using @slink's immortal trees and @rageingnonsense's improved fields together with no problem--they just make incredible boulevards dividers!!!!

Hint: Look for a tree-lined labyrinth in my beautiful village entry.

PhillipAlexander

Is there a way to have the Orchard Fruit Trees "bloom" in the spring.... pink cherries, white apples, light pink peaches, purple plums.... ? Just hoping for a bit of color in the game!

slink

Someone who can work with the models and the graphics will need to do that part.

rkelly17

Here's a preview of what is possible by combining Immortal Trees and Improved Fields.

Alycya

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 11, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Here's a preview of what is possible by combining Immortal Trees and Improved Fields.

Very nice  :D

Pangaea

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 11, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

That is stunning :) With those mods, we can write letters in the ground, well in the trees. Anyone found enough land to write "Banished" yet?

"S.O.S."? :D