News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Stand Alone Iron Smelter?

Started by Maldrick, April 21, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

PAENG,why you using a bundler with the small fuel refinery?? you can just burn the firewood.that's is only 2 buildings to make iron.o no i don't need a hamlet i just need a couple rowhouses inside my fort.a row of about 10 of those small rowhouses works good there to support all the fort functions.

TheOtherMicheal

Sometimes you don't want to use the firewood for the refinery because you can't supply enough firewood to homes. I've used the bundler when I had lots of reeds or I had bamboo specifically because it means less demand on the timber/firewood production chain.

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on April 22, 2017, 06:57:41 PMwhy you using a bundler with the small fuel refinery?

I don't. I make charcoal, burning logs.  ;)
* The bundler is just one of the CC options.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Maldrick

@RedKetchup

So, just being curious, I loaded the 1.0.7 Old Blacksmith into my 1.0.6 game.  Tested it out and found no problems.  I'm assuming the newer versions are mostly about the new limits, so since the blacksmith uses the same ones it works okay.  Didn't test anything else, though.  Are there any problems I should expect with using this in a  1.0.6 game?

Also, are there any problems with NMT and 1.07?  I understand you are working on an updated version, but does the current version work with 1.0.7?  Still debating if I should go ahead and bump up to the beta or not.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

oh we do have options with CC .it's funny though we still want different styles or options don't we?lol
       as to mod problems crossing from 1.07 to 1.06. some will work well with no differences noted. some can be affected depending on the other mods you use. a 1.07 mod that has any item in its coding that is changed probably won't work.possibly and should cause a crash on game load.may hold til you actually build the changed building thou. say you add NECORA's pine mod to 1.06. you might get lucky and the trees grow and the maple forester parts will work. if you try to build the pine forester and it has the pine boughs under the new limit tags then it should crash.most likely it would crash when the game decides to add the pine bough onto the map.right when you are thinking it is working.i do know his charcoal is under the new tags.had problems when i tested the mod between CC charcoal and his. different buildings both his and CC's got confused. even though i had charcoal some would use it others would not.
   if you take a 1.06 mod and use it in a 1.07 upgraded game,by themself they will work without any problems. the problem is if you have CC above the other mod. CC changed the items to the 1.07. say bricks,CC they are under construction tag where as NMT brick is not. if NMT is below CC and CC changed the clay then the NMT brick maker will not work.it isn't set to use clay under the new limit tag.if you had NMT above CC,then the game should leave  NMT items under the old tag. so NMT clay pit and brick maker combined will work. but if you use an item from a CC building to a NMT building or vise versa they will conflict. i doubt it would crash though.
   it is trial and error. it does matter how many mods and the placing. if you are confused just imagine how the program is handling it all. while playing a map, it will get confusing since items look the same on menu's but they act different.if you build a production chain and keep it all from the same mod then you will have less problems.

i have upgraded the game to 1.07,as well as the CC. i have added just a small amount of 1.07 mods.i i left most mods still 1.06 including the NMT.it will load and play. i have not played a long game since all the changes though. most has been to test new mods or upgrades to them. i'm still trying to get used to some of the changes and how it affects my own play style. i am sure if i tried to play a long game i would have conflicts.

Maldrick

@brads3

Thank you for the clarification.  Makes sense.  I'm pretty new to using mods with this game so still getting a feel for the ins and outs.

I don't use CC yet, so I'm thinking that eliminates a lot of the major potential conflicts.  I've built my modset around NMT, so I keep it above just about everything that does anything besides New Flora and, off the top of my head, Market Soup and BBQ because those bring new things.  At whatever point I tested those, that's where they needed to go, basically.

Just ran another test and everything I have loaded related to smiths seem okay.  The 1.0.7 Old Blacksmith turns Iron Ore into Iron...It's the only building I have that does anything with it, aside from DS Tunnel Mine producting it, of course, and the output isn't anything new.  Markets stock it as well as traders.  I guess I could test all the other smiths just to be thorough but seems solid.  The only anomaly I noticed was vanilla stockpile won't store the ore, but the modded specialized coal stockpile does.  Well, that and the vanilla trade post will stock ore but the traders don't bring it.  All of the other modded ones do, though.

As far as moving up to 1.0.7...Been going back and forth with this.  I'm thinking I may stick with what I've got loaded and get some play in before upgrading.  Will probably check out CC then, too.  I've just been like a kid in a candy store with all of these mods available and there are a bunch in the 107 section here I'm dying to play with.  But I did spend a couple weeks testing and tweaking and it's a good set of mods I have right now.  About half the megamod minus CC, it seems. lol  Played for a few days and decided to restart the big map I was working on because of a minor issue I didn't catch before and there were some things I'd like to do a bit differently. Which got me back under the hood and looking to add things and I need to just stop and have some fun playing the game.  Really curious about these new limits though.  But either way, 1.0.7 is on the way and there's plenty of time to get into all that and check out these amazing new mods and updates.

Thanks again. :)

Edit- Correction: Vanilla tradepost lists ore but does not stock it.  All of the modded ones do and their traders sell it.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

brads3

since you are new,i will recommend keepina writing tab or scratch paper handy. if you find a map you like jopt the code down. you might also find it is a good reference for mod orders later. i had my game crash erro and the computer re-wrote the order. without realizing it did that, i got involved into a map only to find out things were not working right. without CC,you should not have conflicts unless you have a building that uses charcoal in an older mod. no food buidings will cause conflict. other than to make special menus not work if placed wrong in the omod order.any 1.06 should have the same limits for coal,iron ,or or. none of the buildings use lumber. a few might use roof tiles or brick. but with NMT being the main mod,they will work fine.
    i did keep my 1.06 until i started adding more of the 1.07 mods.even after i upgraded the game to 1.07,i kept most of my mods to 1.06. the only reason i actually upped my CC ,was the charcoal conflicts with NECORA's sets. at least this way i kow where most stuff is.it took 2 compatability mods added to the CC to get several storage buyildings back.if i get serious to play a long map ,i'll have to move the NMT above CC and see hoow many conflicts i find then.i am waiting on a fix for a glitch or 2 and to see what CC does next.

RedKetchup

i think you really need an upgrade to your vanilla trading post
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i think his TP is too updated.lol.the trader is working from the new limit menu and won't ship from the older menu.kinda like ordering eggnog out of season.orr maybe it was too heavey for the boat.

Maldrick

Quote from: brads3 on April 23, 2017, 05:59:14 PM
i think his TP is too updated.lol.the trader is working from the new limit menu and won't ship from the older menu.kinda like ordering eggnog out of season.orr maybe it was too heavey for the boat.

Ha, yeah, I rarely if ever use it anymore because I have like 7 or 8 awesome modded ones and now that I'm using mods I try to stay away from vanilla buildings as much as I can, market and tradepost in particular.  Looked at them for so long it's nice to have other options.  I just had it up when testing how ore was handled and noticed that.

@brads3

Not new to the game, just to using mods with it and funny you say that...My notes are ridiculous.  I write down everything.  After being away from the game for a few months, when I got back and saw there was a new version in beta my immediate thought was "what about seeds?!"  I've got pages and pages of seeds written down.  Need to clean a lot of it out actually.

I loaded up 1.0.7 and screwed around a bit.  Tried different mod combos, with / without CC, etc....See what you are talking about now.

Really appreciate the help, guys.  I'm still getting my sea legs with all of this and it's been really interesting playing with different combos and seeing how it all works together.  And there are a lot of really amazing mods around.

Discrepancy

I'm finalizing the textures for my Blast Furnace,
then onto the code and resources for iron ore - iron production.

embx61

Holy Smoke
@Discrepancy get nukes into Banished. :D

That chimney need that huge Doom smoke screen from Necora 
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on April 30, 2017, 07:24:35 AMnukes into Banished

:D

Yeah, you keep up with this, I'll soon want my steampunk engines, too...  :P
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Maldrick

QueryEverything

That looks like it would be the centrepiece of my mining community, wow, impressive @Discrepancy :)

With something like this as well ...  my, what a large community one could build :)
https://youtu.be/YRnGeYcrg_s?t=7s
or .... http://on-walkabout.net/2008/02/12/on-walkabout-at-the-central-deborah-gold-mine/

:)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]