News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Greenhouse for Grains

Started by twilightbreeze, January 07, 2020, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

Hello, I am playing the new Snow Only mod, and food isn't a problem, a lot of greenhouses out there. But, I realized, there are no greenhouses for grains (wheat, corn, oats, barley, etc) and  fruit trees and nuts for that matter. And they won't grow in this mod, as it has snow all year around. I do have DS's mods, as well as Kid's, and EB's. I do not know of any that have greenhouses for grains and/or fruit trees and nuts? Is there a greenhouse that will grow grains? Or can one be made?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

moonbelf

RKEC 1.13 has greenhouses for grains (I believe they are wheat, oats, rye, barley) and peanuts I think, and that mod also has wharf/docks farming of rice. None of the greenhouses grow fruit trees, but you can grow some simple fruits like strawberries. Hope this helps.

twilightbreeze

Can't download this. I get "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist. "
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

Hi.
You can try Bakery Garden for grains

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=533

where you get a plot you can grow oats or corn on. Add deco crops and a ghosted greenhouse and you have it.

twilightbreeze

I did try that, but with the greenhouse being ghosted, it didn't work, the field was still affected by the snow and didn't grow. That's why I was looking for an actual mod for grains to grow specifically in a green house.

Abandoned

I had no problem using Kid Bakery Garden in all snow climate - see blog story Aspenglow:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2725.0

Also try Kid GrowHuntFish greenhouses.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=537

twilightbreeze

Ok, I'll give that a looksie, thanks!!

moonbelf

Quote from: twilightbreeze on January 07, 2020, 09:22:18 PM
Can't download this. I get "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist. "

Sorry that's my fault for giving you the wrong version number. You want RKEC 1.3.1
Download from here
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2925.0

Abandoned

@twilightbreeze Bakery garden ghosted greenhouses get placed over the farming plots to turn them into greenhouses.  Place a farming plot, choice crop from menu, place ghosted greenhouse roof of the same size over the farming plot.  The plot shed controls what is grown inside the greenhouse.

moonbelf

Quote from: Abandoned on January 08, 2020, 10:25:56 AM
@twilightbreeze Bakery garden ghosted greenhouses get placed over the farming plots to turn them into greenhouses.  Place a farming plot, choice crop from menu, place ghosted greenhouse roof of the same size over the farming plot.  The plot shed controls what is grown inside the greenhouse.

@Abandoned That's really good info. I've never used that mod so didn't realize you could do that :)

twilightbreeze

OH!! I thought 'ghosted' meant it was for looks only, and wouldn't actually protect the crop from the elements. Good to know! Thank you!

Abandoned

@twilightbreeze I was puzzling over what was not working for you in Bakery Garden and then realized the 2 step greenhouses was probably it.  There are so many nice features in the mod even fruit that I thought you would like.  Another nice feature with those farm plots is that without the greenhouse roofs they can be used outside in a no snow climate growing food year round, there are even decorative plants to place on the plots.  Those deco crops can be placed in the greenhouse too.

@moonbelf you must try mod,  :) you will like it.

twilightbreeze

Oh, I do like it, I do use it. But I put a plot of wheat down, then put a greenhouse over it.....doesn't work. The plot won't grow because the greenhouse is just a deco item, doesn't protect the crop, and it's still affected by the year around snow...they won't even work it at all. I guess I'll have to try RK's Editor greenhouses.

Abandoned

:) Are you putting down a regular crop field of wheat?  The farm plots to use with the greenhouse covers are part of the Bakery Garden mod itself.  Do not use regular crop field and seeds.

Abandoned

Always use what is in the mod. That is what makes it a set.

If you are looking to store something - get storage from the same mod