News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

No problem. It got me a bit stressed because I will have to update several places and my backups.

MarkAnthony

I'm so sorry about that, didn't mean to make a lot of work for you.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

I got a long list of mods :) Tthings are bound to happen. If it stays with so little errors I am happy :)

MarkAnthony

Good morning.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I built a vanilla mine (it had the Improved Mine visual overlay) and it was built without issue. I turned "work off" and kept it until I had a new laborer to work it. I don't recall if I turned it back on and then hired someone or not but when I went to check the output from it, I wasn't able to click the mine; I wasn't able to remove the structure; and the town hall window showed me as having no mining locations. So basically I had the visual of a mine but it wasn't there to interact with. I went to rebuild a new mine on top of it but couldn't because the new mine saw the building footprint of the original mine.

In the image below the mine on the left is the new one, the one on the right was the original. I never had this issue before and I never had a problem with the ImprovedMine mod before either.  The only thing I can think of that may have "bugged it out" is when the builders finished the roadwork leading into the mine because I think the last time the original mine was "clickable" was before the road was added. I tried removing the road to the mine to see if that would fix it but removing the road didn't help.

Oh well.

catty-cb

Sorry can't help, I avoid putting in mines unless I'm desperate as I never seem to have much luck with them, I tend to stick to buying stone and iron, etc from a trading post

MarkAnthony

An issue with herbs lately in my last couple of games trying out @angainor88 's Japanese mods.

I doubt this has anything to do with Angainor88's mods but for the life of me my game keeps coming to a stand-still because no one will pick up the herbs. I've got herbs growing all over the pace and if I happen to place a building down to be cleared everything is picked up except the herbs; they're left behind and construction comes to a complete halt. I even tried building an herbalist and afterwards setting priority on those herbs that have been cut but not removed and  that doesn't really have the effect I want. What I mean is, those herbs are being picked up but only when the herbalist actually decides to go to that particular spot, setting priority doesn't make the herbalist go there on demand so it's taking a couple of years or so before those herbs that are in the way to get removed.

Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this? I am really beginning to hate herbs now. They are such a hindrance and I keep feeling like ditching my games when I can't build anything because herbs are in the way.

brads3

what mod sets the start settings of the map? try changing it.

brads3

or make sure you casn store them.might need to build a small spot or some ghost crates.

MarkAnthony

@brads3
I'm using Kid Tree Replacer, Lush & Green, New Flora Edit, Kid's Family Start (in that order) to setup the map. I'm using all three of Angainor88's Japanese mods and then some of Kid's mods to fill in for storage and housing and food production (preservation/extension).

The storage I am using is Kid's Storage Carts at the moment. I think this was the problem. Come to think of it I was using the WorkPlace for normal storage and the food cart for the farms/gatherer. I didn't have the general cart for normal barn stuff.

Thanks

MarkAnthony

Good evening!  :)

It's been a long while since I have last shown my mod collection in ModMan so here it is in it's current state.

I once had Kid's mods separated as shown in the Legend but that was when I had only a couple of dozen of Kid's mods. My collection of his mods grew over time and I lost track of "what is what" so I will eventually need to clean Kid's section up again for my own edification; but for now this is how my ModMan Collection sits.

And Just for the heck of it, I am also posting a snapshot of my ModMan profile for my current game.

:P

brads3

if you turn them all on at once,will the computer spin around like a UFO and disappear into a time warp? or just explode? the world waits for that test. LOL

i have a similar issue. after my current map, i need to overhaul my order too. seems the mods lately are bigger file sizes.  it is too hard to pick and choose which mod, there are so many good 1's.

that mod manager is handy. keep a extra copy of orders that you know work. then if something doesn't later, you can double check if a mod got misplaced in the order.

MarkAnthony

Hey @brads3

I have turned on 200+ mods before, lol.  :P   Every.. single... one... of Kid's mods (with only one of his Starter mods of course) and RKEC and all of Necora's and Jinxie's and some others as seen on the left side of my ModMan Collection.

Only took 20+ minutes and longer to load!  Haha  ;D

As far as ModMan goes, I do keep notes for each profile I make, especially if I move something out of my "normal" order but when I do I write it down in my notes what I moved and where I need to move it back to after the game is over.

I used to also keep track of how heavy the mods in use are (how many megabytes) and how long those mods took to load from launching the game from the Windows Taskbar to arriving at the New Game screen - but I got lazy and haven't done that for a while. Now all I keep track of is how many mods a game profile uses and any special notes about it.

See the image below for example.

MarkAnthony

Back when I last spoke about my ModMan collection last year some time I mentioned this, but I will mention it again --

If you saw my last screenshot in my last post about the ModMan Profile Notes, you'll see I have a profile called All Mods Base. What that is are all the mods I start 99% of my games with. So anytime I am ready to begin a new game I will load the All Mods Base and then add mods to that - whatever I am in the mood for that day.

kid1293

Hi (Good Morning)

Your system looks a lot like the one  @Abandoned uses. She is not using ModMan though.
Either way is good. You use what you are comfortable with.

Just enable what you want for your session and leave it all in place. A sound strategy.

MarkAnthony

Good morning @kid1293  It's wonderful to see you again!

Thanks for the reply.  :D