News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining Advanced - v1.2 (updated 22May2017)

Started by Discrepancy, May 15, 2017, 03:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I just noticed a problem between this mod and the North. Wrote about it under the North thread.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2123.0

Voeille

I have a question about the coal pit. I noticed in my most recent save that the average production with 2/3 workers was about 72 coal per year. At some point when I got more people, I decided to increase the number of workers to 8, and the output was about 60 per year, and never reached 72 again. Is it supposed to be like that?

Discrepancy

Quote from: Voeille on May 23, 2018, 02:14:18 PM
I have a question about the coal pit. I noticed in my most recent save that the average production with 2/3 workers was about 72 coal per year. At some point when I got more people, I decided to increase the number of workers to 8, and the output was about 60 per year, and never reached 72 again. Is it supposed to be like that?

Good spotting, I don't have enough use_ points for all the workers. I will fix for next version. :)

Nilla

I have a problem with the Thadd Surrel Industrial Mine. It doesn't produce. People walk back and forth to the mine with material. It seems like they can't get rid of the lampoil and the lumber in the mine. It's a bit weird, because this mod isn't new and such things use to be reported fast. So I don't know, maybe I've done something wrong or no one have built this mine in the North. There are other mine options, where you need less input. You can see my mod order here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2468.msg50379#msg50379 . And here is a picture of the mine. It's been working at least ½ year; no production.

There is also one thing on your Web page that doesn't work. When I wanted to look, what you've written about this mine to see, if there might be something I've missed, I first didn't got to the page. If you navigate from the headline "Mineral processing" you get a page with the headline "Buildings" and if you click  "Industrial Mine" under "Mines and quarries" you get the answer "Oops, that page, can't be found" but it can be found, if you navigate from the headline "Resource and food production" "Mines and quarries" "Industrial Mine".

Discrepancy

Okay :) thanks.

And you are correct... the mine is missing the code in the compiled version to hold the lumber and oil, weird.

I am near on completing the next version and should have ready in next few days. I have done all the changes you've suggested (1 worker in market, removed tools, clothing from market. alternate and better trade at merchant, increase in some speeds of buildings/mines).

I will look into the website :) thanks

Nilla

Good to know, and it's no big problem, because there are other mine options. I will give you some numbers tomorrow, in my blog. I made some calculations this afternoon and will play a bit more tonight to confirm some of them.

Nilla

I noticed one strange thing. I'm upgrading the small iron mine. When clicked on the building site, I got a crash. Same thing happened twice, so I don't think it was just coincidence or bad luck. But the upgraded mine was built and work.

Nilla

I found another bug (maybe you already know). The upgraded coal pit doesn't work. The miners just carry the needed logs back and forth.

Nilla

Here's another very weird one.

I`ve upgraded the small iron mine, the one that caused the game to crash, as I clicked on the building site. It has worked without problems for several years. Then I suddenly was low on iron ore. Very strange because I didn't make any changes in the production of iron. As I looked, I saw, that this mine doesn't work anymore. It doesn't take any logs, the Bannis are just carrying them between the mine and the storehouse. Another upgraded mine work perfectly well. (at least so far)

I don't understand how this can happen.  ??? ???

Nilla

I think I understand now, after @Tom Sawyer talked about limited stores in mines and people getting crazy in my blog. It looks like there's too much lampoil in the mine and no space left for logs. After emptying it of lampoil by fake demolishing, the mine works again.

Discrepancy

That could develop into a bigger problem.... I want to look at that more as I don't think that is right.

On to traders, I have added an alternative and adjusted the current trader. I'm also taking a bit longer as I want to include the upcoming Thompson Trade Merchants for more options of specialized trading in the North. This has been a big process and is taking me longer than I'd have liked. Still can't set a completion time-frame as I am getting busier at work.

Nilla

I think Tom has a solution to the mine, see my blog.

No pressure, take the time you need. I'm very much looking forward to play a developed version of this mod, but I have no problems waiting for it.