News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 08 -09-10-11

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

bah i saw alot of water wells. with non nutricient water, people get less good health. but i dont think with all the good food you still have around, it had a huge impact. you are still at 4.5/5 and you have very very few herbs 60-80 per year. water is still essential in life :)

if you would have only water all day, all year long, you would see health going down quickly and happiness too (i think not having min x amount of diff nutriments has an impact) then you would have more random deaths and more diseases.

i know i didnt added the medieval creamery yet, i promise i ll make an effort today to include it for next patch :)
and i will also take a look at the numbers.

to make everything alot harder (about food, i would need to go back and lower all food incomes, maybe a 5% ? 10% ?)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

did you add the dairy stable too?if you are within a day or 2,i will hold my map test. as long as you don't shoot me for it. ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 28, 2018, 07:39:03 AM
did you add the dairy stable too?if you are within a day or 2,i will hold my map test. as long as you don't shoot me for it. ;D

i was presently checking all food numbers and trying to decide if i want to do some.... cuts :)

i was wondering to make those changes....
first column is the real numbers, the 2nd column of numbers would be the changes

crops     : 20-28 => 18-24
orchards  : 50-65 => 46-58
wild      : 18-24 => 16-20
honey     : 24-32 => 20-26
egg       : 06-06 => 04-06
fish      : 05-07 => 06-08
milk      : 16-16 => 12-16

meats:

bear         : 120-180 => 080-120
beef         : 080-100 => 080-100 (x2 cattle)
bison        : 160-200 => 140-180
mutton       : 160-200 => 100-140
swine(pig)   : 160-200 => 120-150
venison      : 160-200 => 130-160
boar         : 080-120 => 080-130
chicken      : 004-006 => 006-010
duck         : 010-020 => 030-040
hare         : 010-020 => 040-050
partridge    : 010-020 => 020-030
pheasant     : 010-020 => 025-060
goose        : 040-080 => 050-080
(and put back the number of kills to hunter as vanilla was)

Nilla

I don't know about the lower food production values. It's fine by me. But I'm not so sure, that everyone would like it. I like the surviving/economy aspects of Banished. But we can't forget that it's also a city builder game. And your mod @RedKetchup surly is "candy"  for a city builder. And if you want to focus on designing a pleasant looking village, I guess you are happy , if the support of the people goes smooth. But this is my guess and I think you should ask everyone a bit more directly.

Maybe the better way to go, is to make an add-on, where the demand of food is increased. @Tom Sawyer has his ironman and I have seen mods like that on the BL site as well. You could make different levels; maybe something like 20% more, 50% more and 100% more. That would probably suit everyone. (ironman has 100%, that´s very hard but possible, if you micromanage a lot)

Back to my water:

As you can see on that last picture, I put a water well on every empty spot. That solved the upcoming food crisis. I don't know if this possibility is good or bad. I would consider to make water inedible. One of the few "food" I would find reasonable. But on the other hand, it was handy to have this opportunity in this game.

But I would make flour eatable. I know, some people like it to be inedible, but I find that very strange, Why could the Bannis cook their food at home but not bake their bread? Why can they use the ungrinded wheat and not the wheat flour? Why would they starve, when the barn is full of flour? It's certainly not hard to make enough flour to have enough for the bakeries. I had to take away some miller, because there was too much flour to support about 2 bakeries for each mill.

I´ll just started a small experimental game; no food , just water. I´ll tell you about it later.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 28, 2018, 10:37:48 AM

I´ll just started a small experimental game; no food , just water. I´ll tell you about it later.

haha

Turis

@Nilla is right. The bannies should be able to make their own pancakes. ;)

Nilla

Just a couple of screenshots from the food less settlement Tyron. There is actually one hunter. I wanted to give them some clothing, but I am cruel enough to put all venison into the trading port!  :P It also was too hard at the beginning. A well needs lumber and also a lot of stones, so I used that instand gathering tool before I could build any wells. But that was once. Now there's only water....... and the Bannis are all happy, making their business as usual.

RedKetchup

haha so they are all happy from living from love and fresh water :)
nice

(and no happiness impact from no nutrition)

Turis

We'd just be careful not a single rat piss on the water. ;D

brads3

no starvation? how many disease outbreaks?

Nilla

Quote from: brads3 on February 28, 2018, 01:16:32 PM
no starvation? how many disease outbreaks?
None so far, I just played another couple of years and have no doctor yet. I plan to build one soon however.

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 28, 2018, 12:04:08 PM
(and no happiness impact from no nutrition)
Nope!

As long as you don't actually have an herbalist, the production loss is also small. Now and then, they take a brief brake "visiting the (nonexisting) herbalist". That's all. They don't go anywhere.

Nilla

I didn't play that crazy water game for long. It was just a test to prove, that Bannis can do without food, if they have water. It's no big difference in gameplay, if they are 100% healthy or 0%. That's a pity, but that's how Banished works. You can see health and happiness, but they don't have any big importance. In any case, it's not easier to give them only water. In fact the start was much harder. You need a lot more building materials to build wells. One good located gatherer and fisher would give the same amount of much better balanced food, than 8 wells, with far less material.

On to the next crazy game. Now testing the RKEC-beta10.

If you remember, I made a suggestion to make an "add on" where the people need more food. @Tom Sawyer has made one with 100% more food and clothes. I've tried it in a North game but never in one with vanilla gameplay. I will now!  :-\ I don't know if it's a good or bad idea. It will turn out. Anyway it will be a challenge.

I've decided to make a medium start. It will be hard to support the population without early farming. I had to look at a few maps before I found one suitable; I didn't want to start on an island, neither did I want peanuts, strawberries and chestnuts to start with. The fourth map is good enough; a decent starting position, good starting seeds; potatoes, sorghum and cranberries, it even has a lake, I can connect to the river with a canal, if I can survive long enough.

First picture

This is from my water settlement. I did play a few more years. You can see, it's prosperous.........

Second picture

......but not very healthy. A lot of healthy children were born, but all adults have 0 harts.

Third picture

My new settlement. It was late, as I downloaded the latest version of RKEC, so I didn't get far. I also forgot, that @Tom Sawyer´s "Ironman" includes a real time aging mod. So I will also have to struggle with a slow population growth. Maybe it's not so bad after all, if it's slow at the beginning, where I have to micromanage a lot.

oldgraywolf

Hi Nilla, just started reading this blog after enjoying your North adventure. I'm curious if you always use the same crop formation. For instance, I see alot of people talking up the 15X15 plot but see you're using the 15X8 that I use(from the table on that other site). Do you find this one is better or is it just a personal choice? I assume you use this with only one farmer.
Thanks and again another informative and helpful blog. You should do a let's play on youtube.  :D
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

Nilla

First to Youtube. No, you'll never see any video from me. I don't like to look at gaming videos myself. (I can confess, that I watched a few before I bought this game, but they were rather annoying ;) )

I'll rather write. Or rather try. It's very good practice for me. I'm pretty sure, that these blogs make me more fluent in English, not necessarily better, but English comes much easier and that's my ambition.

Now to fields. Yes I build fields from about half the maximum size. If the space is free, I use to build 15*7 or 15*8. I use 1 farmer at the beginning. Later, when I have more laborers the default 2. You don't necessarily need 2, but it's safer, when the first farmer is somewhere, like visiting the herbalist or at some very important idling spot, instead of working his field. If the space doesn't allow 15*7, I build fields of about that size  (100-120 tiles) in any shape.

My experience is, that if you have 2 farmers, the harvest is better, if you let them work on one smaller field each, than both on the same large field.

oldgraywolf

Ok, no youtube.  :'(
As for the fields, I thought that was the idea. I haven't used 2 on a single field, but it's worth a try.
Your English is fine, keep up the good work. You keep blogging and we'll both keep learning. ;D
I never lose. I either win or I learn.