News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crash problem when Trader boat arrives

Started by KatD, March 19, 2018, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatD

So, been playing fine last couple of months, today each time the trader arrives the game crashes; bigger problem, it now arrives on an auto save, so now it crashes as soon as it restarts.

Error is something like Access Violation 64.dll ... I have tried a few things to no avail. Including removing all mods, regedit suggestions etc.  Any help would be greatly received.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

galensgranny

Quotebigger problem, it now arrives on an auto save, so now it crashes as soon as it restarts.

When you start Banished again, do not load the auto saved game.  You might need to start a new game.

irrelevant

Did you add any mods after you already were playing? This is dangerous....

Nilla

I have had crashes, when boats arrive, too. It has something to do with different mods using these different "flags". I guess you are using some mods, that are not compatible; maybe even some older mods made for earlier versions of Banished.

The advice from @brads3 is good, worth a try. Otherwise, try to find out which mods don't work together. Worse case, start a new game and (if you have the 1,0,7 version of Banished) download mods new from this page's 1,0,7 download section. And with some precaution, it's not that dangerous to add mods or change mod orders in an existing game. But you have to set the new modorder, start the game and then leave Banished and restart before you start to play, otherwise you will get a crash  (maybe you already know)

galensgranny

I just had a trading post crash, at least I think that is why my game just crashed.  I was building Red's Choice trading post and clicked on it to see the progress.   I see in my mod list I forgot to disable New Vanilla Trading Post patch, which Red's post for his Choice version 11 mod says one should do.  I hope that will solve my problem.

KatD

Thanks for your input everyone...

@gathererer  Yes it is a vanilla trade post.

@brads3 I didn't know there was a RED trade fix mod; I am all kinda new; I have only just started adding mods.

@galensgranny Start a new map :(  That make me kinda sad, I have been working on this map for quite a while an built up a good working little system. Also, how do I disable vanilla items?

@irrelevant  I did actually go add mods during game play as I realised it was wasn't adding them each time I restarted the map; it has done that for the last week or so and haven't had a problem doing that before. Maybe new mod I have added?

@Nilla How do I check if I have older mods running?

KatD

@galensgranny  meant to say... it is when I click on it also, that is how it started off; just unfortunate I got it stuck on a autosave after a few times.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

Quote from: KatD on March 20, 2018, 01:36:26 AM
@Nilla How do I check if I have older mods running?

That's a tricky thing. Some mods are easy. The text in the mod menu, tells the Banished version in which it was made. If there aren't such text, I think it's quite impossible to know, especially if you've downloaded them from different pages (Steam I don't know, I don't use it). The date it was added to the page might be of some help, I would be careful with mods older than 1 year or so. As I wanted to post this, I just saw @gathererer´s suggestion. It's an older mod but I think, in this case you can try this anyway. (even if mods made today includes this and adding it a second time might add trouble)  :-\

It's generally a tricky thing, to find out which mod might cause the trouble. Experience and a feeling for how the mods work/work together is importand. As a new mod user,  I suggest that you publish your mod list here. There are some experts, that might help you to identify the "bad boy". But of cause, if you've added mods along the way, I would start to take away the latest and see what happens. (might also cause trouble, if you for excample has buildings from this mod, they need to be demolished first) Or go back to an earlier save.

galensgranny

@KatD , instead of starting a new game, try destroying that trade port without clicking on it.  Then see if all is ok.   

What I always do when I start a new game is to save it rather soon after I did a few things, and then save it every so often without over writing previous saves.  Then is some weird thing happens, or I mess up, I can go back to a previous save.

You cannot disable the vanilla items that come with the game.

Regarding old mods, I have many and there is not a problem, but I suppose there could be with some.  It is possible that there was some weird glitch that caused your trading post problem.

brads3

now everyone is confused. is the crash when a boat arrives or is it when you click on the trading post?
     GRANNY says we aren't suppose to have the trade fix enabled. now you tell us.i did see an error last game when i clicked on the TP,but blamed it on my mod order.i did do some tests with the RK 10,after adjusting mod order.fixed my error even with the trade fix still enabled. i thought the trade fix was to deal with conflicts of merchants bringing items still tagged with the older flags.or older modded TP's that could bring both new and older flagged items.out of habit i left the fix on.if RED wrote this in the coding of the CHOICE mod, then there should not be a boat errror.   
     the debate over adding mods into a game is case by case.there are mods that can be added without issue. this depends on how much the mod does.the risk is you might not see the issue until way later in your game. not fun to find 2 or 3 days later.
    mod order is very critical.there is a lot of give and take. you add from mod B but take away from mod A.much of the good and bad is player preference. i might like A above B and the changes it makes,someone else will like C above or in the middle of the 2.there are general guidelines to this though. i will leave you a link.

KAT whcih update version of RK CHOICE are you using? you can build the canal trade post and keep playing.if you have a modded trading post already enabled,you can try that also.that may salvage your game.

tips links: mod order
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.0

adding 1.06 mods:
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2095.0

KatD

Lots of great info from all, many many thanks.

So update....

I couldn't get my original game to load past the autosave crash, not long enough to delete the trading post.

So, I removed all mods from the game folder and deleted all my previously saved games.

Started a new game.
I set it back to my original set of mods (from Steam) and I was using a vanilla Trading Post.
I have worked on it all day (pretty much, thank goodness my day off work) to get it to a point where it was running as before.

3 hours in and all good, then out of the blue the trade boat arrives and the crash happened again, same error... note: the trade boat has been coming and going for a while before this.

I restarted the game and an hour in... crash again... when the trade boat arrived... I realised that I was building and placing objects at the time... so I restart, and watched out for the trade boat make a point of not building when I see it arrive and it docks fine.... then as I click on the trade point, it crashes same error.

At least I can keep opening this game (so far). I will delete the trade point see if that helps; do you suggest I download the trade fix??

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=14

@brads3  I do not know what RK CHOICE is, sorry.

I would really like to add a few more mods...horses & pigs so all your help is greatly appreciated.