News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Better inventory UI?

Started by JovieLynne, February 04, 2020, 07:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JovieLynne

I have installed CC and love having so many new seeds/products available to me but it is making it increasingly difficult to track what I have in my town, so basically I have a few organization requests:

Seeds/Livestock View
This list is completely random currently and having to scour it to determine if I've already bought this or that seed is a pain! So here are my thoughts:

• Make the list auto-sorted by type (crop/orchard/plantation/livestock)
  • If the first option is too difficult, auto-sort the list alphabetically
No need to give the user a choice here, I think either option would still make it a thousand times easier to make sure they don't buy the same seed over and over again!

Town Hall Inventory
Sorting items by quantity when the game is playing is impossible with items shifting constantly, but alphabetically means you have to scroll a massive list and always be able to determine if there's a zero next to that resource because you no longer collect that item, or because you're out of something crucial to your town's survival. Then if you hit a cap on one particular production type, how do you even find which resource of that type is overpowering the category? So here's some options I would desperately love to see:

• Add the ability to toggle between categories (i.e. Fuel, Tools, Crafted, Forged, Misc, etc) so you can more easily see which items are counted towards which production limit, or even just more easily find the one particular resource you're looking for  - perhaps as options in the Display dropdown or some smaller tabs at the top of the inventory window?
  • (This is admittedly a long shot) Add some ability to hide items you no longer want to see in your list...perhaps it would be possible to have some kind of timer where if an item has been at a count of 0 for X-years maybe it falls off the list? Like if you've gone 10 years without ever making more iron tools maybe it just drops off? Or maybe even add a whole new Management tab to the town hall (after Trade Items) where you can pick and choose which items to display in the Inventory tab? Essentially reset the flag that shows it in your inventory list when you get a new resource for the first time?

I think these few UI details would make it infinitely easier to manage all these complicated production lines but I understand if these are just too difficult since they are modifying some base-game material. Otherwise if anyone knows of an existing mod or other way to organize my stuff that I've missed please let me know!

Thanks for all the hard work making this game so much more intricate and fun to play!

brads3

modding is limited and your ideas can not be done. the inventory has 2 settings 1 alphabetical and 2 quantity.i too wish we could see things listed by flag.

as for seeds and livestock. same problem. they list by when you acquired them not alphabetical. there is a way to overcome this partly. you can use the debug mod to add all seeds. so everything after the seeds you had at the map start would be listed alphabetical. however,all garins,crops,orchards will still be mixed together. this is a cheat thou,since now you do not need to trade for the seeds.

if you do the above and use the debug to see the animal types, your pastures will show a list alphabetical except for what livestock you started with.if you do not use the debug to stock the pastures ,you would still need to traded for the livestock.