News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Revive/Incorporate Fountain Mod

Started by MarkJerue, November 02, 2016, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJerue

This is an old mod, but it has some well-done art on it. The dev for it is working on other projects, but here's a link to his Web site: http://fountainmod.freeforums.net/thread/18/current-fountain-mod-content   

brads3

i use the smaller version of this mod. before the mechanized buildings. mainly for decoration thou the stone houses are nice. the modder moved on,that is why we are grateful for the modders we do have. they keep adding to the game constanly. after so long, most games go 1 of 2 directions. the modders quit and move on. or the game designer "upgardes" the game and ends up remaking it into a bad game. like simcity 4,FS 13,etc. theres a point where the game works and is enjoyed by many. the next step is off a cliff and has less players and many more complaints. i have found many of the older game platforms that had good ideas. they work for a few "upgrades" but after they loose followers and appeal. even when they did work,they lost some of their original ideas once the game changed developers. it does seem to b a fine line. especially when you figure they are trying to please millions of ppl.
       i remember some of the old fam simulation games. u can download some free now. but when they swapped over to FS, the original platforms were chaned. 1 had aplatform geared toward building up a farm and town from nothing. not just earn the money and buy it. u could choose what buildings and what style farming you would work toward. gave the player more input into the future play of the game. another was more from a 1st person scale. climb in the hay loft and feed the cows,water the chickens by hand with a bucket,etc. was not on the scale of a corporate farm but on a individual homestead. the FS went to become a "driving game". was nice for a while to see the modders with the old style machinery. i do wish the amish equipment mod had been finished.

MarkJerue

Do you have the old version on a GITHUB by any chance Brad? I'd love to see it if you do! I'm using the latest version of Fountain still, but I'm using it mostly for the decoration as well!