News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Old Town Ports & Pirates V1.01

Started by kid1293, October 22, 2018, 06:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Hey,

just spent some time with this set - lots of fun  ;)  chasing after ye olde treasures...

Brilliant idea to "buy" maps and finding "treasure" that can be changed into goods...

For me that works much better than the booty off the ships - I have the same problem like Discs Styth tower or CCs Bootleggers etc., I never really get much out of them as most of the time they are not producing anything, because I like to keep my limits low.

Maybe there is a way to make them generate stuff off the less used flags? Instead of tying them to "basics" (lumber, tools, clothes etc.), make them generate stuff off the 'lesser' flags, where we are are not so concerned about over-producing - like luxuries, crafted, materials, miscellaneous, booze...  or bring back silver, gold, precious stones etc...

I don't want huge benefits, but I hate using them without any return (or having to jack up all my limits, which is counter-productive)  :P

Anyways, it's a welcome little extra and distraction, with ships to boot... great stuff!   :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Hi @Paeng !
Thanks for nice words. I have a relevant answer to booty ship. Not all stuff is 'realistic' on such a ship.
But I agree that coins and gems could be used. IF we could have a working strategy for using them.
As they are now, they are only a (not needed) trade item. An economy based on money would open
new ways to mod. Many have tried but money is still in the outskirts of trading.

Be well! :)

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on October 26, 2018, 01:04:22 AMbooty ship. Not all stuff is 'realistic' on such a ship.

Oh sure, I understand that  ;)
On that one my point was just to keep "basic" goods out and give only the more 'exotic' items as a reward...

QuoteBut I agree that coins and gems could be used. IF we could have a working strategy for using them.
As they are now, they are only a (not needed) trade item. An economy based on money would open
new ways to mod. Many have tried but money is still in the outskirts of trading.

I know that's hard, not really in the system...

Let's say you start with a small group of prospectors on a mountain(ous) map. On the map there is mostly mines (to be built) with gold, silver and diamonds, with a little iron maybe, not too many trees... most of it needs to be dug up (not lying out in the open)... you start without livestock or seeds.  You live on berries and roots, maybe a little hunting. But mainly you need to go after the precious stuff... piling up gold, silver and gems, which you soon need to turn into edibles.

Maybe a small "banker", who accepts only precious things, and in return gives you only papermoney, coins, deeds or whatever - still nothing you can eat right off, but flagged as edible so it can then be exchanged for food (from a trader)...

So instead of the usual "get food fast, then set up all the productions", you would need make do with as little food as possible while getting some production (mostly mining) going up quickly...

Or so...  ;D

Abandoned

@Paeng the purpose of the booty ship was to supply pirates with the basics.  Pirates don't work chopping wood when someone else can do the work and they can then take it.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on October 26, 2018, 09:23:57 AMthe purpose of the booty ship was to supply pirates with the basics

Oh yeah, I do understand what they are doing (or not)  ;)

Actually I was already shooting off in a completely different direction... so much for staying on topic  :-[   :D

Abandoned

:) well, pirates would sure like gems but most regular traders would not want do business with them so all they could do with the stuff is bury it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

tuggistar

Hi kid1293. I checked this mod again. But turned off CC 1.76 and added on top of all your mods Short Toolbar V1 and everything else started without problems and all the mods work perfectly together. Any imbalance comes with this mod cc 1.76. Check it out.
Here are the files that conflict to shorten the time to find the problem:
Dialog\NewLimit 6 files
Dialog\StatusBar All files
Dialog\StingTable_graphTypes.crs
Dialog\TownHall All files
Dialog\Trade_tablePurchase.crs
Game\3 files
Models\BreadflourMesh_resource.crs
Models\MaterialInstance\Breadflour 3 files.
Models\MaterialInstance\Dummy 4 files.
Models\MaterialInstance\RumAO_resource.crs
Models\MaterialInstance\SugarAO_resource.crs
Models\NaturalResource\FruitTrees\LimonMesh_resource.crs
Models\NaturalResource\FruitTrees\MaterialInstance\Limon 3 Files
Model\RumMesh_resource.crs
Model\SugarMesh_resource.crs
Profession\Profession_baker.crs
Profession\Profession_worker.crs
Template\Citizen_storage.crs
Template\Market_market.crs
Template\Market_storage.crs
Template\RawMaterialBreadhardtack 6 files
Template\RawMaterialLimon 6 files
Template\RawMaterialRum 6 files
Template\RawMaterialSugar 6 files
Template\StorageBarn_storage.crs
Template\StorageCart_storage.crs
Template\StorageYard_storage.crs
Template\Townhall_ui.crs
Template\TradingPost_storage.crs
Template\TradingPost_trade.crs
Template\UtilityLimit 11 files

If at all possible to find a problem. And that banished without CC 1.76 for me a little empty. :(

kid1293

@tuggistar - I downloaded CC 1.76 and started with only CC and my mod.
I found no problem...  :-\ 

I checked the yellow conflicts one by one and could not find what went wrong.
Some things are different but one of the mods will be prioritized and load it's
version of things, the other won't bother.

I don't know what to do...

Kid

Abandoned

@tuggistar try taking out The Fountain High Society.   :)  There were a lot of problems with that mod, it is not, 1.07, and it has rum.

You have so many big mods in list, CC the biggest, maybe one more is just too much.

brads3

since KID said it worked with the CC,it sounds like a 3 way conflict. this has happened since the 1.07 upgrade 2 mods by themself work but when mixed with a 3rd something goes wrong and the game gets confused. 1 of the give and takes we players must live with.can take a lot of trial and error time to find which mod is screwing with the 2. i have dropped a couple mods out of my setups lately. nothing anyone has done wrong but since the last upgrade the game is touchier about mod orders and does come back with these odd conflicts.

Abandoned

And there is nothing the modders can do about that.

Paeng

Quote from: tuggistar on October 28, 2018, 11:54:21 AMDialog\StingTable_graphTypes.crs

I'm really not the expert here, but shouldn't this be

Dialog\StringTable_graphTypes.crs

Just fishing in the dark, disregard if I'm totally off  :D

taniu

@kid1293  :D I was not on the forum for 2 weeks - I had to leave - and here is a surprise - Thank you very much for this mods "Old Town Port & Pirates" and "Pizza Hat" - Great mods  - I knew you would create a fantastic pizza, you're an expert in creating mods with dishes - a witty building, I have them in the game. I am very happy that you always add something new and especially, new parks like it very much because 1 give food and after 2 take up little space .You are a great moderator expert, thank you very much for creating mods and favorable fulfillment of my request, despite the fact that there is no pasta and ketchup - it's Ok - all your ideas are great. Cheers! :D :D :D

tuggistar

I will try then then remove the Fountain High Society MoD and try again.

tuggistar

Thanks kid1293 for this stunning mods about pirates and I especially liked the new ships. :) Treasure map features a striking idea. :)

The problem I found, thanks to Council Abandoned thanks.
I removed mods-The Fountain Mod Highborn Society (v 1,544 beta) and The Fountain Mod (Add Invisible Collision). Instead, I put The Fountain Mod Lite (v 1.52) (Small Wood Houses) that without these industrial buildings and only houses and decoration.

brads3 thanks for the tip about the Mod manager from JM this helped to quickly test many combinations without the need for 10 times run Banished.

kid1293 thank you for work. :)