News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I have had no problems yet, but I just saw something, that doesn't look good. There seems to be some conflict with DS industrial mod. As far as I can see from other screenshots, the ports are usually on that spot and I think the industrial port is the only DS port I can use. DS Industry Mining is the same as I had loaded in that other game and there was no problems (at least not at the menu, I didn't build the port), something must have been changed in the North (or this comes because I don't use the jetties here, but that sounds rather odd). I've cut in all the mods I have activated.

I suppose you both want these both mods to work together, you might want to look into it.

Edit: in the time as I wrote this, the game crashed, so there is something not quite allright here.

darnokthemage

Wow, the Alehouse looks amazing! Can we please get some more of that style in the future, maybe after the viking update?

raerae2

Tom,

I'm having problems with getting the Smith's workplace to create iron. I have plenty of iron bloom and charcoal, yet the worker just walks back and forth from the stockpile to the workplace with the iron bloom without dropping it off. I don't have any iron yet and set the limit at 2000.

I downloaded the North 6.1 this morning. Started it up, with no add ons and only a few other mods placed below the North.

Jando

Greetings, all, new player here. Got the game from GoG a few weeks ago, I like it. Got the North mod last week, like it even more! Thanks Tom, great mod!

But aye, seeing the same problem in North 6.1: Smith's workplace seems to have a bug. The poor fellow spends his time running between stockpile and workshop. Picks up iron bloom at pile, runs to workshop, drops bloom from inventory but the bloom ends up in the stockpile again. Thus he goes back to pick up the bloom again ... and again ... and again ...

Only other mod used is the Northman one, no other mods installed.

Nilla

I'm too old to test these things. I read the post from @raerae2 and thought, weird. I've played all evening without problems. What could that be? Then I realized, I did download the new version of the North this morning but did I put it in the WinData file? NO!  :-[

When I do I have the same problems as the rest of you. No iron bloom is carried to the blacksmith.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you for reporting. I have fixed it on Steam and in download from website. It is save compatible and you can continue your game but have to rebuild the smithy to make it able to store it. It occurred because I changed the flag of iron bloom. Not good to mess around with flags in a working beta version. ::)

Nilla

Thanks, Tom. These bugs got me think a bit more and I've just "fixed" the missing DS port. I thought a bit more and switch positions between Wagon Vendor and Industrial Mine in the mod list, and now that too is fine. Sorry for bothering you.  :-[

raerae2

Thanks Tom. Downloading now. Will check it out soon.

taniu

Thank you very much Tom :D :D :D - Will check it out soon. I do not have time - I can not test but I think that you gave me everything I love this topic about Vikings! Cheers !

huyle

can you make the recultivate quarry as a separate mod?

Tom Sawyer

I can make a single mod for quarry recultivation. But can be that it will not really match the vanilla terrain and not updating an existing quarry.

Voeille

I'd also like if you made all the buildings with grass roof separately, they look so good! I'm already using the cabins and that tiny storage shed.

child_of_air

Any option of an alternative, more medieval looking tavern? That tavern is downright Victorian. I play a medieval style game so I'd really love the building to match the era.

Tom Sawyer

I made this ale house from the 6.1 picture to have a medieval alternative to the modern tavern or did you mean this one to be too modern? One even older thing will be the mead hall.

darnokthemage

i think it looks great, and very 14th cenutury.