News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vimes

I am trying out the FULL version of this mod for the first time and got to the point of needing to increase happiness. Built a tavern and only had watermelon to start the production of alcohol, wine to be precise.
I have made over 300 casks / bottles of wine and yet, unlike when I tried the vanilla game, none of it is being supplied by the market or is being taken to be used in any home. It just sits in storage not being used. Is wine just for sale or trade and not to be expected to be used as an alcohol by your inhabitants or the market...?

Thanks.

Nilla

If you´re not using one of the mods that change the system of happiness (those I know of are North7, Norseman, Ironman, DS Industrial Mining), serving alcohol will, unfortunately, have no/almost no influence of the happiness. But if you want to try it anyway, I think you will need an inn or if I remember it right, there´s also a small stand that may serve alcohol. The only things that will increase happiness in a game without one of these mods above are graveyards.

Vimes

Thanks, I'm finding some clues as to what might be needed. I see a building that serves wine, but with prepared food, that provides the same happiness as the vanilla tavern would do with ale. Once that is built then you realise that I can't yet prepare the food to give with the wine and so........
I think the point that I'm making about the full version of the mod is just understanding the build and supply chains, I seem to stumble on them in a backwards fashion, lol.
Can make it a little difficult.

I did build the chapel and graveyard, that at least helped.

No other game changing mod being used.

Thanks again :)

moonbelf

Yes the Old Barn Pub is a must and also the Bath House helps create happiness. If you buy Tickets from the trader the Old Pub will distribute them. You can also build a Theater which will create tickets I usually have a number of taverns producing different kinds of alcohol and set up alcohol stands throughout the town to distribute. My main alcohol production usually is ale, beer, wine, mead and then Pubs for the Meals.

To help with the food required in a Pub, greenhouses are super handy for producing the veg you need and butchers, of course, for the meat.

RedKetchup

all the alcohol are never never brought to the houses. they are consume on place , at the tavern.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Vimes

Thanks for that understanding.

I have decided to wait to use your mod until you can resolve the issue with the UL version.

Curious as to why you wanted me to post a screenshot of the tavern, is that because it also should have extra options, which it doesn't.?

Vimes

Curiosity got the better of me and, apart from feeling quite overwhelmed, in a good way, I'm quite enjoying the FULL version of this mod :)

Taking a look at the screenshot that I have attached and you will see c charcoal kiln which is initially worked by one person. As I need to increase the amounts of charcoal produced is it typical to increase the numbers of workers (I did as can be seen in that screenshot, middle of the screen) to, for example, two...?
Or is it "better" just to build another kiln to increase that production...?

For things like gatherers huts, hunting cabins, foresters etc I imagine that the balance of adding more workers will be offset by the depletion and growth of the natural resource.

As a side question.....

Having played Forest Village I did like the ability to lock a resource. For example I would produce eggs but lock them from the villagers so that only the bakeries could use them. If I didn't do that then the bakeries would run out of them for their pies as the villagers seemed to like eating them. Is there a way, perhaps a mod, to do that with Banished...?

Thanks

kid1293

Hi. Yes, somewhere there are small mods that makes certain food items 'inedible'
I can not direct you to where they are. Let's call on @brads3 to explain  ;)

This goes only for food. A corresponding flag-edit won't work on other things.

Vimes

Thanks for your reply :)

I would find that useful to ensure that certain food produce, if this is possible, could be reserved for production / recipe making rather than the bannies eating the ingredients..!

moonbelf

Quote from: Vimes on February 09, 2020, 03:35:59 AM
Curiosity got the better of me and, apart from feeling quite overwhelmed, in a good way, I'm quite enjoying the FULL version of this mod :)

Taking a look at the screenshot that I have attached and you will see c charcoal kiln which is initially worked by one person. As I need to increase the amounts of charcoal produced is it typical to increase the numbers of workers (I did as can be seen in that screenshot, middle of the screen) to, for example, two...?
Or is it "better" just to build another kiln to increase that production...?

If you need more charcoal then definitely up the workers to 2 as you did. If you need more charcoal after that then yes build another charcoal kiln but keep an eye on your firewood production as you might need to bump that also and then might have to bump log production. This all happens as your town grows of course.

galensgranny

@Vimes Inedible food mods are at https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/Thread-Inedible-Foods .  Note that you need the download "fix" at the bottom of that page so non Colonial Charter mod buildings will understand the inedible foods. 

QuoteFor things like gatherers huts, hunting cabins, foresters etc I imagine that the balance of adding more workers will be offset by the depletion and growth of the natural resource.

Regarding more workers in the gatherer's, hunter's, I do not believe it will deplete natural resources.  The foods that grow, such as the mushrooms, etc., will regrow every year, unless you keep chopping down all the trees.   Mushrooms need trees.  The hunter lodge has a radius so animals not in that area will not be hunted down, except sometimes as a hunter is walking home to eat, he might kill an animal in his path that is out of the hunting lodge radius.

Vimes

QuoteIf you need more charcoal then definitely up the workers to 2 as you did. If you need more charcoal after that then yes build another charcoal kiln but keep an eye on your firewood production as you might need to bump that also and then might have to bump log production. This all happens as your town grows of course.

@moonbelf Thanks, it does have that knock on effect with an increased need for a product to then need to increase the raw materials that go to make it. I am starting to appreciate how good the greenhouse is in this mod :)

QuoteInedible food mods are at https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/Thread-Inedible-Foods .  Note that you need the download "fix" at the bottom of that page so non Colonial Charter mod buildings will understand the inedible foods.

@galensgranny That should be very useful with my limited herd of bison and the need for their steaks. Thanks, a very good list there.

QuoteRegarding more workers in the gatherer's, hunter's, I do not believe it will deplete natural resources.  The foods that grow, such as the mushrooms, etc., will regrow every year, unless you keep chopping down all the trees.   Mushrooms need trees.  The hunter lodge has a radius so animals not in that area will not be hunted down, except sometimes as a hunter is walking home to eat, he might kill an animal in his path that is out of the hunting lodge radius.

I did find that assigning extra hunters and gatherers seems typical, perhaps, with this mod. I might have got this wrong but in the vanilla game they are already assigned a higher number when you first build them. The twon hall is so useful for watching trends of usage etc, saved my game several times...!

brads3

remember that you can starve the bannies by using in-edible foods.say you start with wheat and it is in-edible,the bannies will not eat it until it is processed. if the flour is also in-edible,you will need a bakery and the mill before the bannies will food to eat. another thing to consider would be if you add any other mods, they might not stock the in-edible foods.

Vimes

That's a good point to remember, thanks. Perhaps as I become accustomed to the games mechanics I might not need to use it, I just remember using it often in that other game as it was very useful.
As my population grows, and emphasis is placed on food accumulation, it is possible to have a buffer in storage. The town hall is most useful.
It can be easy to take your eye off the ball tho. I'm going through a tool crisis at the moment, lol.

moonbelf

Quote from: Vimes on February 09, 2020, 11:40:38 PM
As my population grows, and emphasis is placed on food accumulation, it is possible to have a buffer in storage. The town hall is most useful.
It can be easy to take your eye off the ball tho. I'm going through a tool crisis at the moment, lol.

You can have hundreds of thousands of food in storage. Just increase the limit.

Tool crisis. Yes that can happen pretty fast. I build a second blacksmith and have one making iron and the other making tools. That is until I can build a forge to process iron, after I've built an iron mine. Then switch to steel tools or carbon tools as they last longer.

Don't forget that educated bannies are much more productive than uneducated so a school is super important.