Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on December 01, 2014, 03:54:36 AM

. . . .

3. Picture, late winter 94,
infestation at an orchard

. . . .

5. Picture, late winter 96
still infestation at the orchards. It has spread to 5. I thought, if you do nothing, all trees will die, infestation will be gone, farmers plant new trees and in a couple of years there will be delicious cherries again. But NO! Bannies are not known to be very clever! I know! These farmers are an example of the real stupid ones. Tree dies, diligent farmers plant new tree at once, other trees are still sick so new tree gets sick and die, too, farmers plant new tree, new tree get sick...............Infestation lasts for ever, if you do not delete orchard/cut all trees manually.

What finally soured me on playing with disasters on was not the fires and tornadoes, but the stupid field, orchard and pasture infestations. Drove me crazy! They didn't wreck the village or anything, just a constant pain in the posterior. So I turned them off and now I'm a much calmer, happier person for it.

Nilla

You are wise @rkelly17 .

I hate to give you people right, who say that it isn't possible to build a settlement with a constant population. But there might be some truth there. :(

Look what happened as I let my slow Doolin run, without taking any care.

These Bannies, you cannot leave them, not even for a couple of hours.!  :P

irrelevant

Ouch!

I've never left any of my towns run unattended; this is what I would expect to happen.

Nilla

Leaving the settlement was just a test to see how it would turn out.

And yes I expected this, too, but not so fast. I do not really understand what happened. Will think a bit about it.

In the meantime I will play my fast Doolin. It has been a bit neglected for some time.

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on December 01, 2014, 10:06:51 AM
These Bannies, you cannot leave them, not even for a couple of hours.!  :P

They really are helpless, though not as much as the people in Sims. At least you don't have to tell the Bannies to wake up and go to the bathroom.

Nilla

Quote from: rkelly17 on December 02, 2014, 11:34:51 AM

They really are helpless, though not as much as the people in Sims. At least you don't have to tell the Bannies to wake up and go to the bathroom.

Sounds annoying, I don't know anything about that, haven't played any Sims since SimCity 2000. (A game I liked very much, by the way)

I went on with my fast Doolin, and it is sure fast. If you don't forget, that it's all uneducated people, it runs really good. I cannot build great stores, but I have enough of all essential supply. Main problem is to build fast enough, houses for everyone and supply. I have to stop the game, not to plan, but to build!

I am still a little bit ahead of my simulation.

I regret that I didn't make this game on a big map, I would have passed @irrelevant´s Sink Mill in year 30.   ;) :P ;D ;D ;D     

I forgot the pictures

1 picture new industrial area
2 picture new farming area

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on December 03, 2014, 03:11:16 AM

I regret that I didn't make this game on a big map, I would have passed @irrelevant´s Sink Mill in year 30.   ;) :P ;D ;D ;D     

I believe you would have, if you could stand the lagging! ;D ;D

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on December 03, 2014, 11:31:09 AM

I believe you would have, if you could stand the lagging! ;D ;D

The lags , yes. ;)
Maybe they could save me. The game "runs away from me", much too fast.

The crash will come (big map small map, medium map all the same) Probably in 1-2 years. We will see. :)

irrelevant

Nilla

Thanks for the tip, but look at the barns in my farming area:

5 Barns!!

All more or less empty!!

No need of more, if you don't have 5 years of supply stored ;)

Nilla

I played my game with the empty barns a little bit this morning. Yes, it is still alive! :) Although I don't feel comfortable at all.  :-\

First problem
I am trying to increase the firewoodproduction - I have 50 woodcutters (no woodexport). Last year at the same time, there were only 36 but it doesn't help. The production is barely enough, but the logistic not good enough to transport all, to where it is needed (In fact, I don't think it is possible to have a functioning logistic, with no overproduction or big stores). I have ordered at least 10 new woodcutters to be built, but I suppose, I would need another 10 until next winter. I will also "visit" all of my markets, big and small and increase the number of vendors as much as possible.

Second problem
I can no longer buy all I want. There isn't enough pie (or other sellable things) to fill the tradingports, as much as I want to. I have just increased the number of traders everywhere. Until now I only had 20 traders in the traditional ports and the foodports. Now there are 20 in all (except in the two for finished goods). But logistic is just the small part of the problem. I do not produce enough. I try to flood the place with wheat and flour, but it doesn't work. Production is getting down and I need more. (The low productivity might also be connected to the wood-problem, the miller and baker look all over the place for firewood and do not produce :( ). I must buy food to eat and food for production. This will not go on for ever. More tradingports don't help, as long as I cannot buy all from the present tradesmen. I have increased the farming, but I need more farmland, so the whole area in the upper right corner is to be cleared for next season-fields. There will also be some new fields up in the middle, (picture).

There are some other minor problems as well, but they are manageable so far.

It's enough for today. Maybe I will go on tomorrow.

Nilla

Another year gone by! Still alive! :)

The problems are about the same as last year. Only, I was stupid enough to take some nomads and now people are quite sick, dysentery. Not many dead so far, but the number of sick people increases. I don't know how it will work out.

After I took the nomads, I was a bit too eager, building new houses. For the first time since the few first years, I suddenly had more houses than families.  ;D

The lags are not bad. I play everything in speed 1X or at pause, anyhow. I think this is the second biggest game I've ever built. But strange enough, the first game over 2000 inhabitants I play, that am not annoyed by the lags. :)

First picture, winter 26, the new industrial/farming area north, just reached 3000 inhabitants

Second picture, early spring 27, north east corner, sorry it rains. The foodgraph looks good, the firewoodgraph not so

Just changed the second picture. I cut the profession table from last year into the ugly picture. It is quite interesting to see the changes. 1 Year!

MightyCucumber

Sorry to pop in so suddenly, but where did you get that New Medieval Town Mod from Redketchup? I haven't seen it anywhere! :O

By the way, awesome town! I'm getting ready to start a new town of my own after quite a big hiatus, let's see if I still have the governor side of me still intact after so long. ;)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MightyCucumber