Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gridlines

Started by moonbelf, July 31, 2019, 07:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Attached is the old CC gridlines mod from 2016

moonbelf

@Glenn Thanks for the attachment! Will this work with 1.0.7?

MarkAnthony

LOL  @moonbelf  :D

I offered that file to you in the very first reply to this thread of yours.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

moonbelf

ummm sorry lmao

Does it work with 1.0.7?

MarkAnthony

Yes Moonbelf, it works just fine with Banished 1.0.7.

The one Glenn linked to you is the same version as the one I was going to offer you so just grab his since it's already linked. It's a small mod 1.2 MB in size.

Just letting you know, it's non-permanent just like Kids RadiusTemplate mod that I showed you in my screenshot. They are both 25x25 tiles wide and they both are not faded yellow grid lines, they're very bold and bright meant for temporary use. The BlackLiquid version has three differences than Kids:

• It has a square block in the center of the grid for placing down & removing the grid. If you accidentally put the block inside of a building you cannot remove the grid. I'm guessing you would need to destroy the building first to remove the grid. BlackLiquid's grid is found in the vanilla Gear icon menu; Kid's is found in the Roads menu since it was designed to help build circular roads.
  • It doesn't include anything else other than the grid itself. Kid's includes the main 25x25 grid and ghosted grids with radius circles at various widths for extra utility.
  • BlackLiquid's version of the grid allows you to click the building footprints you placed down while the grid is still active; unfortunately with Kid's you cannot click the building footprints until after you remove the grid. The workaround with Kid's is to place the grid, drop your building, remove grid to open building UI window and then place the grid again. Still very easy.

moonbelf

@MarkAnthony Thank you for the confirmation and the screenshot.

Glenn

Glad to help, I hope you find it of use

RedKetchup

For anyone interested : RKEditorChoiceEdition XtraLight 1.3.1c - GRID version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eRdG5tiW3SB8oPi4PjiYa1Z9QttIT_j8/view?usp=sharing

you can switch back and forth between XtraLight GRID to XtraLight (non-GRID) but not compatible with Full/NoMusic/Light versions cause those have buildings which XtraLight does not have.

enjoy

PS: the grid is at every 2 tiles like i did it back of Peaks' Valley time.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

@RedKetchup This is exactly what I'd like. I play with the RKEC full version. Will have to check out what I'd be missing out on if I swtiched to the RKEditorChoiceEdition XtraLight 1.3.1c - GRID version.

Thank you :)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 03, 2019, 09:05:17 AM
For anyone interested : RKEditorChoiceEdition XtraLight 1.3.1c - GRID version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eRdG5tiW3SB8oPi4PjiYa1Z9QttIT_j8/view?usp=sharing

you can switch back and forth between XtraLight GRID to XtraLight (non-GRID) but not compatible with Full/NoMusic/Light versions cause those have buildings which XtraLight does not have.

enjoy

PS: the grid is at every 2 tiles like i did it back of Peaks' Valley time.
Definitely interested, thank you Red.  Though I have been playing your RKEC Full version for quite a while now.  I'm playing an RKEC-only game right now as a matter of fact. :P

I could have sworn when I first started playing Banished - I had someone's mod that had a bunch of normal maps and then they had their grid versions too. I thought it was yours Red. The very first RKEC version I tried was RKEC Lite but last night I loaded all of your RKEC versions, even loaded CC and none of them had the grid maps. Who was it that had a bunch of the grid maps do you know?

I still think it was you Sir!   :)

Oh and being able to switch back and forth between grid and non-grid will be handy; thanks for that too!

MarkAnthony

Just checked it out Red, thanks a bunch!  To be honest, at first I thought you zipped up the former non-gridded version because when you select a new game, the map selection doesn't indicate they are with grid lines.  I loaded a map and all was well, grids and all.

Waiting for Santa Red to put the grids into RKEC Full.   :P   I'm patient, I'll wait.

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 03, 2019, 11:54:36 AM

Waiting for Santa Red to put the grids into RKEC Full.   :P   I'm patient, I'll wait.

you guys want 50,000 versions lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 03, 2019, 04:27:06 PM
Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 03, 2019, 11:54:36 AM

you guys want 50,000 versions lol

It's only because we love your RKEC lol