News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Are there any bridges over your river, @TheOtherMicheal ? Also, what is your mod load order?

Discrepancy

I just did a test and the boat visited 2 years after constructing the merchant:

like @elemental asked, have you built any modular bridges or jetty parts across the main river?

also was this a new game you loaded the mod into?

TheOtherMicheal

Location is on a lake, there are no bridges blocking access to the trade post.
This image shows the location of the CC dock trader, this was the location of the original DC Jetty General Merchant. As can be seen, the trader can access the trading post without any problem.

Close-up

@Discrepancy I couldn't imagine you would post the update if it was buggy and your test proves that, there has to be something screwy with my load order.
Edit: This was with a new game.
Edit part 2: What links are using from imgur to get your pics showing up on the page? I haven't been clever enough to figure it out yet  :(
Edit part 3: Doh! Just figured it out while messing about in imgur

TheOtherMicheal

For general interest, this is the map. Even if the area was blocked to the north, a trader can use the small stream to the west to come around the back of the central island. When I was having the problems with the Jetty Trader, the trade boat would skirt the northern shoreline and down the river to travel right past the village without stopping.

For those interested in the map, it's from Colonial Charter
Map size: Very Large
Terrain type: Lake Waters
Map seed: 959

RedKetchup

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on April 30, 2017, 01:00:39 AM
Hi @RedKetchup I didn't think that your patch would have caused any problems

thats not what i meant, i wanted to say : it doesnt help the other kind of trading post (doesnt cause a problem, but doesnt help those neither)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

I don't know what the problem is but I have previously reported problems with DS modular bridges causing traders to come but not stop at ports. I was also playing on a CC lake waters map. CC was above the DS mods. Maybe it has something to do with CC or maybe it's just lake waters CC maps. It's a bit of a mystery.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: elemental on April 30, 2017, 04:27:45 AM
I don't know what the problem is but I have previously reported problems with DS modular bridges causing traders to come but not stop at ports. I was also playing on a CC lake waters map. CC was above the DS mods. Maybe it has something to do with CC or maybe it's just lake waters CC maps. It's a bit of a mystery.
I've had problems with DS modular bridges in the past when I was using CC Lake Waters but I didn't think that it might be specific to the terrain type. At the moment I have the DS Jetty and Bridge set above any CC mods and I'm still having the problem of traders not stopping at the DS Jetty Merchant. Your post gives me another avenue to explore, I'll make another town on a map that is not Lake Waters and see if I have the same problem with both the modular bridges and the jetty merchant.

Discrepancy

If so,
;) I see this as reason to place my mods above CC.

This is a recurring theme that gets reported often but I have only had it occur a couple of times. The reason I don't really know, but I suspect it is map and pathing issues.
@Nilla recently tried experimenting with this also.

I would be interested to know @TheOtherMicheal if this would have occurred if you put the trader on the river, have you tried this?
Or even putting it a few more tiles out from where it was.
Also, @TheOtherMicheal a few more questions, was this a new start game you started with DS Jetty & Bridge? or loaded into a save?
If a save, did you at anytime have a previous version loaded of DSJettyAndBridge.pkm ? or DSSmallVillage.pkm ? , and now I think of it MegaMod?

Also from what I know, the way lake maps are generated, and even more so the Very Large map sizes of CC can also be very buggy with pathing issues.

QueryEverything

@Paeng I think also has experienced and experimented with this (I could be wrong, if so, sorry Paeng), but the fault seems to be common - traders failing to stop when the buildings are in lakes - if the river had been previously cut off (or built over), it seems to muck up the pathing.

When I had this issue months ago traders coming, but not stopping at trading posts in lakes, I remember a few posts about pathing being compromised. 

I think the bug is up to Luke, not the modders at this point. :(
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 30, 2017, 06:06:29 AM

I think the bug is up to Luke, not the modders at this point. :(

I'm sure it is. I have had these problems in a vanilla game as well.

If I understand you right, @TheOtherMicheal, other ports than DS jetty port work on that location. How did you place the jetty port? It's important, that it's placed in the right direction and that the side, where the crane is placed, has nothing built on the closest tile. If you look at the pictures in my latest blog there is one port, that didn't work, until I demolished a close built storage. I'll show the picture here again. The port doesn't work, as long as the blue marked storage is on that spot. I think this is a small difference between the jetty port and other ports. It's more free to place as you please, since it has no road-parts but this also makes it easier to make a mistake. My advice if no merchant arrives; built it somehow different. As far as I have seen, the side withe the crane is the crucial part.

Paeng

I agree that it's most probably mucked up pathing (some of my thoughts here)

In my current town with all these latest mods I have so far no problems with the trade boats.

Love all the new buildings, still have not built all, what a rich set...  :D

A few minor things --nothing that warrants an update yet, rather cosmetic stuff--

* Drawbridge (drawable, not modular, dark texture) - missing mouseover hints, descriptions (on finished build).

* Driftwood Collector - love it, though might be better to give a choice (log OR firewood), as now it stops production when one of the limits is reached.

* Merchant Office - great idea! It's just too tall (at least for my resolution)... I think it's okay if the lower part (professions) needs to scroll, in all the other tabs there is just a "black hole" at this size  ;)

Again, just for your notes for the next regular update  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 30, 2017, 04:58:01 AM

I would be interested to know @TheOtherMicheal if this would have occurred if you put the trader on the river, have you tried this?
Or even putting it a few more tiles out from where it was.
Also, @TheOtherMicheal a few more questions, was this a new start game you started with DS Jetty & Bridge? or loaded into a save?
If a save, did you at anytime have a previous version loaded of DSJettyAndBridge.pkm ? or DSSmallVillage.pkm ? , and now I think of it MegaMod?

Also from what I know, the way lake maps are generated, and even more so the Very Large map sizes of CC can also be very buggy with pathing issues.
As mentioned in my first edit, this was a new game, not a saved game. I had added Red's vanilla trader patch and also updated Jetty and Bridge and started a new game to build a town over water with your new housing.
I have never had MegaMod.
The other two overwater traders I have (CC's dock theme trader and the Maritimes trader) both worked in the same general area or in the case of the CC dock, in exactly the same location. The other trade ports I tested were river bank traders (from CC and Kid), in the second image I posted, you can see Kid's Lots Of Seeds trader to the left of the CC dock trader (light brown/tan wooden building on the shoreline). They had no problems with the traders gaining access to them.

The Jetty and Bridge mod is above anything that is directly connected to CC.
I haven't tried the Jetty Merchant on the river but will test it tomorrow (it's 11:20 at night my time at the moment)
Something I did notice when watching the trader try to access the Jetty Merchant, it would make very small zigzag motions as though it was trying to cross the lake to the Jetty Merchant but couldn't and so reverted back to it's original path along the northern edge of the lake. It seemed to be making the effort but then got blocked so travelled on and then tried to access the Jetty Merchant again but with the same (negative) result. So yeah, it would seem to be a pathing problem.

Hmm, can't think of anything else that might be helpful. Will test the Jetty Merchant on the river (rather then the lake) tomorrow and see what happens.

TheOtherMicheal

@Nilla that's some good information. There were no other buildings near the Jetty Merchant but there may have been one of the walkways next to it - I can't remember. However with the second Jetty Merchant I placed there was nothing around it, only the walkway behind it for the workers to access the trade post but it still did not get visited by the trader.  :(

brads3

i did see something similar before. i did not have any DS bridges either. was a huge set of connecting lakes. main river went from se  and out thru the middle north part of 1 lake. the lake spread to the west and connected to another lake.trading post on the east side of the lake the merchant would stop at,since it was on his route. 1st trade post i built along the south side of the lake going to the west the merchant would not stop at.now was it the wrong kind of merchant for that TP?? with CC we do have several different types. you would think only needed merchants or those related to TP's you have would even show up on the game.  if you didn't build a particular TP,then that vendor should not show up.
   i actually thought i just saw it wrong. i built a lighthouse and kept expanding across the sw shoreline.i did add another TP. i think 1 was a building supplier and 1 was a farm supplier. with the lighthouse the merchant could see there was life over there and then added these TP's to his route. is this game program logic? probably not. but it made sence thinking realistically. if you dont know someone lives over there why stop?LOL
  i do think it was the same map code as LOWEVILLE.
  the bannies are strange. they do lots of things that doesn't make sence. like cross creeks and then walk all the way around to get back. they get lost in the forests all the time.they walk home to eat lunch and go by a firewood pile and then eat and go all the way back to get a log. they should grab the firewood on their way home.

Paeng

@Discrepancy, I got a question regarding those 3rd tier jetty stairs... can you describe a situation or show a screen how you meant these to be used?

I just found out that they fit nicely to a particular 2-storey house... or to get around some hill near the shore... but maybe I'm overlooking some even more clever use? It's been nagging me ever since...   :-[   :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]