News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Small Town Rowhouses V2.2

Started by kid1293, February 20, 2017, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

safe?? why you goina throw me in jail again?lol sir you should take a break because you deserve it.i do like the new mod name format with kid such and such and EB such and such. those make organizing mods easier. i do think that way will be helpful to new players a year from now also.
  i did ggod. i held off loading most of rhe 1.07 til you had a lot done up already. i have confidence that my game can play good without errors or blank tags. the only errors i see in the game i am on is from CC itself. and it is just a quirky storage glitch.
    you modders had a lot of work between the 1.07 and the new community icon coming at the same time. and then you all have added new stuff in at the same time. i do understand you all needing time away to clear your heads.
  if you do get caught up and bored,i do have ideas to try.

kid1293

Quote from: brads3 on May 21, 2017, 10:54:17 PM
  if you do get caught up and bored,i do have ideas to try.

Thanks. I'll remember. :)

Abandoned

@kid1293 restless or too much caffeine LOL  You deserve a break, well earned.  I like the new file names too and I think there might be a few ideas buzzing around in my head for you too.  When you're ready just say the words, What's the Buzz?

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on May 21, 2017, 10:30:30 PMI know it's been frustrating with all these updates and fixes and adjustments.

Not really... I mean all the updates and fixes made your mods even better  :)

I used the time to get all my downloads in order and keep the 107 mod-list properly updated, which at times feels like "work", too  :D  Plus testing lots of little things and so on... so yeah, didn't get to play much either - but hey, for all your hard work and time spent (this goes to all modders!) I don't mind to do my part, small as it may be.

And once the "dust has settled", playing again with all the upgraded mods will be glorious!  ;)

Ideas?... Ummm, yeah... better take your break NOW...   :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

QueryEverything

Woohoo, not only did I grab it, I managed to get some game time in today :D  Yeeeha!
So, I'm really enjoying the quality, and the roofs (giggles, I know you hate roof requests, so I won't ;) ) and I think it's a great set - I'm even using it as my town centre/starter area with a couple of other bits n bobs from other sets.  :)

Q:  Is it possible in a future update (if you need to update anything else), that you add in the additional items for the Tailor?  So the tailor also makes the Linen Clothes? (especially now that Necora has unlocked the secret of Flax ;) hahaha)
Q:  In a future update, can you please make a version of the Town Hall that has the grey door to match the Tailor, School & Hospital please.  The orange is a little ... out of the ordinary when placed with the others :)

I'm enjoying this set as a starter with @Discrepancy Huge Barn (Viking Storage), and the 'Small Market' that's in CC, and @embx61 little market places tucked in. 

ps:  @kid1293 you will not ever hear me grumble about more mods or updates, or trying to keep things in order - it's the way of creativity - get it out, get it as you want it, and let the gamers game :)  I'm with @Paeng on this - no complaints here, and to be honest, I'm very excited by all the mods that are coming out & being updated.
In the gaming world I've been in for the last decade players complain when there aren't updates, I just find it so frustrating when there are complaints that there are updates being made.  With so much abandonware out there - gamers should be excited by new updates, new mods, and new findings and code bending, it's a hugely fun time to be gaming now - when the modders are awake and impassioned with their art.  :)  Bring on your excitement, I know I'm ready :D  haha!! 

Junior just asked to go 'head to head' with me, building a city - I asked him if he wanted my mod collection, he's chosen Vanilla.  Let's how long that lasts before he starts hunting through my mod collection, LOL!! :D

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

@kid1293 - just want to confirm -

KidRowhouse.pkm
vs
Kid - Small Town Rowhouses

So the official name is "Small Town Rowhouses"? (just to keep alphabetical right)...

kid1293

Yes, I keep official name 'Small Town Rowhouses'.

If in doubt - check the picture that goes with each mod.
There I have named them as I think they should be named.

so my Colonial houses would be:
Kid - Colonial Modular V2 - Houses and Services

I do anything to confuse you.  ;D

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on May 23, 2017, 06:43:15 AMIf in doubt - check the picture that goes with each mod.

Yeah, that worked... found a few more inconsistencies  :D

QuoteI do anything to confuse you.

Yeah yeah  :P

But seriously - after following the update drama closely for a while now, I must say that the only saving grace are proper and consistent version numbers... without them we are lost, both players and I'd say the modders, too!

QueryEverything

@kid1293 damn skippy :) ;)
Works both ways, hahaha

Quote from: kid1293 on May 23, 2017, 06:43:15 AM
I do anything to confuse you.  ;D

----
Quote from: Paeng on May 23, 2017, 01:58:13 PM
Quote from: kid1293 on May 23, 2017, 06:43:15 AMIf in doubt - check the picture that goes with each mod.

Yeah, that worked... found a few more inconsistencies  :D

QuoteI do anything to confuse you.

Yeah yeah  :P

But seriously - after following the update drama closely for a while now, I must say that the only saving grace are proper and consistent version numbers... without them we are lost, both players and I'd say the modders, too!

I have found the new convention much easier as well @Paeng .  I'm quite impressed with the way my WinData folder is now looking.  Now for a few last updates to the new convention, and voila, everything is where it should be :)

Now to convince Luke he needs to add a better way to sort mods in the Mods UI  :D 

ps:  @kid1293 have you had a think on the changes to the Town Hall colour door, and adding the Linen/Flax line to the tailor?
Just dropping it here in case you were so mesmerised by my awesome screenshots you forgot that they had a purpose ;)

Alsoooooooooooooooo played around with the angled housing ... it's ummmm...  interesting, it was difficult at first to get a pattern going, then took me a few times to get it matched correctly, but I don't think it turned out too badly :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 23, 2017, 08:15:15 PM

Now to convince Luke he needs to add a better way to sort mods in the Mods UI  :D 

If only! I so wish you could use the mouse to drag mods around in the list.

kid1293

@The Pilgrim - You asked very carefully if I could have
the Tavern red roof as a 4th texture. Indeed I can, but I need
people's opinion about the choice of colors.

I have made one test house to display textures as I go.
Here is a first.

Gatherer

That's a perfect matching roof texture for that house colour. It contrasts well with the white walls. And the doors and window shutters.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

The Pilgrim

I like that color or you could go for a more authentic Terra Cotta color.

elemental

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 25, 2017, 09:31:55 AM

@The Pilgrim - You asked very carefully if I could have
the Tavern red roof as a 4th texture. Indeed I can, but I need
people's opinion about the choice of colors.

I have made one test house to display textures as I go.
Here is a first.
Long post ahead 'cptn ;)

@kid1293 I like that, I like the browns +1 (please keep it in)

@The Pilgrim I agree with you too, when I read orange (somewhere), perhaps a 2nd roof texture (I know, another roof ;) but, I mentioned this to Kid yesterday that it would be a good idea, a way to morph slowly from one development village, to say the SBV Mission.  I wasn't a fan of terracotta (not in real life, horrible tween memories), but, I do like the Mission so a transition from RHes to SBV could be in the use of the roof - terracotta orange :)

So, 2 new colour roofs ?  ;)

@Gatherer I know menu UIs are annoying, and I guess Luke didn't think mods would take off the way that they have, so he didn't put too much thought into it - but now he should.  :)