News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Homes v1.3.2 (updated 15 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, February 20, 2017, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Okay, had no peace to sleep...  :-[

downloaded Forest Deep again - indeed, it was a few bytes short   >:(
* so how, a corupt pkm dl does not give a warning that it's short?

Then I changed the load order of homes and jettys - et voila, everything fits... and I have peace  :)

G'night!
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

TheOtherMicheal

I have had the same download problem from a few websites. They seem to download quite slowly for me compared to other sites, I know part of that is my own  internet connection (because the cables in the street need to be replaced) but part of it comes from the connection to the website. This site and the Black Liquid site often cause me these problems.
But that isn't the biggest problem, the real problem is that the download says it's complete when it's really a few kilobytes (or sometimes even megabytes) short of the proper size. I don't know if this is specifically a problem with using Chrome as a web-browser or if it's specifically a Windows OS problem but it's a real pain in the rear - which is why I suggest checking the file size after downloading to people having these problems.

Discrepancy

good point @TheOtherMicheal. From now on, I will include the .zip file size, as well as the .pkm size so players can easily check.

Discrepancy

New minor update:

v1.1  - Minor update & bug fix .. 22Feb2017 ..          - .pkm = 16,266 KB (15.8 MB)   | .zip = 8,815 KB (8.60 MB)
            - changed RawMaterialCanvas to new flag 'Custom2/Fabrics'
            - changed various string texts
            - changed menu locations
            - fixed issue with menu sprites not showing up

Download here.

TheOtherMicheal

@Discrepancy you know, I was originally going to wait until you had all the DSSV content available before updating (from DSSV Beta2). I was really keen to use the new tents you've added because I have tendency to use tents and other "rough" shelters whenever I start a new town and then I read your FAQ for the house section and found it's compatible with other versions of DSSV! Great stuff!

As for listing the file size, yes please! It's very handy to know because I have had a few instances where the download said it was complete (according to Chrome/Windows/whoever-else-controls-such-things) only to find it won't work in game because it was smaller than it should be but because I didn't think to check the expected download size, I couldn't tell if it was the right size or not without downloading it again! :(

EDIT: just a quick note to say, when the files have been zipped, I've normally found that my unzip programme (I use WinRAR) will tell me that the archive is broken or missing something so I know straight away that the download was botched some how. When they've been uploaded to Mega or Google Drive etc. etc. there's usually plenty of time to see the file size if I actually bother to read the page when I begin the download!

Paeng

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on February 21, 2017, 08:43:00 PMthe real problem is that the download says it's complete when it's really a few kilobytes (or sometimes even megabytes) short of the proper size.

Yeah, that's what threw me - I expect a proper "unexpected end of file" error message... but I guess that only archivers (7zip, winrar etc.) provide that...  :(

Oh well, like the saying goes - "Computers make everything easier, it just takes a bit longer!"

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 22, 2017, 12:55:43 AMNew minor update

Thanks for that - I don't feel too guilty now, after all we did find some tiny wrinkles...  :D

Cheers!

Paeng

Okay, I was even able to recycle my old saves...  :)

Everything works - though load order still seems to be important? Homes must be above Jettys?

I just want to make sure before starting a new town... (see attached)

Discrepancy

@Paeng , have you downloaded the new versions of both the mods?

... there is also a new version of DS Jetty & Bridge.

Paeng

I installed the update for the homes, but not yet the jettys (as you suspected that is not save compatible)...

np, I'll start a new town and check it out... just waiting for internet...  :(

Discrepancy

Okay :)

well, just to clarify: The full fixes for the toolbar sprite images to show up will only work with all the mods the same, or with the newest on top.
I hadn't pre-planned my toolbar layout a great deal prior to releasing the jetties, and such this is what is causing the issues.
The changes to the fish resource files in DS Bridge & Jetty were necessary and in hindsight I should have already had them changed the release prior. I hesitantly say they are save-game-breaking, but you could be the first to try  ;)

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 22, 2017, 04:28:57 AMbut you could be the first to try  ;)

Hahaha, okay, will do - I been walking along the edge of the abyss for two days anyway, so by now I won't mind if it crashes  :D

* still waiting for internet, Mega is one of the sites where I have no chance as long as my connect is only 2G... so it might be a while yet.

Discrepancy

what is the best? I'm happy to change, or offer different downloads.

oh, and DSSV Storage will soon be up.

finalizing some angled variants.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 22, 2017, 04:47:13 AMwhat is the best? I'm happy to change, or offer different downloads.

Oh, I think that is solely on my side, Germany still being kinda backward with "broadband for all"...  ;)

Quoteoh, and DSSV Storage will soon be up.

Cool, I may get both then...  ;D