News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

@Nilla and @adelegarland I have updated Crystal Cliffs, see change log below. Hopefully this will fix some things.

The new version is save game compatible, although you'll get some super funky textures! So you'll have to destroy any Crystal Cliffs buildings then re-build them.

Also, make sure Crystal Cliffs is now on the top of your load order at least until the other sets are updated, as I have made some changes to the toolbar and things behind the scenes.

Cheers!

Crystal Cliffs V101 - Change Log

New Items - Brown, Red, and White Fence Sets - Each colour has been added to, introducing a diagonal piece, and some gate options. Each colour fence set now has an individual tool bar submenu, and each fence piece now has an individual tool bar button. This means no more scrolling through F-variants to construct fences.

Squished Bug - Lumber - An incorrect storage flag for lumber has been corrected. This should hopefully help prevent crashing.

Squished Bug - Domesticated Animal - Storage flag for domesticated animal has been changed to Misc (Custom7) to be compatible with CC.

Squished Bug - Stable - Limit for the stable has been changed to Misc (Custom7) to be compatible with CC.

Model Improvement - Goat Pen - The goat pen texture has been made larger so it looks better in game.

Model Improvement - Hutch - The hutch texture has been made larger so it looks better in game.

Model Improvement - Barn - An inside wall has been added to the underside of the barn to prevent seeing through.

Model Improvement - Stable and Milk Pen - A door has been built into the back of the stable and milk pen to represent the full walk through of the building.

Model Improvement - Goat - The goat has some smooth shades.

UI Update - Building UI - All production building UIs have been updated to include an inventory.

UI Update - Building UI - All building UIs have been updated to improve layout.

Core File Update - Toolbar - Maritimes toolbars have been updated to accomodate future additions and improve organisation.

Core File Update - Traders - Trade files have been updated to revert to vanilla traders.

Nilla

Thank you for the update. I will try it. I'll let you know, if it works in this existing game.

I just looked, I have Crystal Cliff on top. That's good because I'm not sure, you can change the order in an existing game.

I made some more "reseach" yesterday evening: When you're looking on upgrade; take a look at the gatherer in the maple forest. There might be something wrong about that building. I'll explain why I suggest this.

After I've deleted my autosaves, I went back to the last "real" save, to play these years again. I had 2 "trade crashes". I guess, you have solved this by changing to vanilla merchants. I have some small ports from Kid as well. No crashes were caused by these merchants. After some years, again I had a crash, I couldn't explain: no merchant, no autosave to this time. When I started the autosave, it crashed again to the same time, same as last time. But I got an idea and deleted the last building, I've built; the gatherer in the maple forest. It was the lastest building also the first time. As I started the same autosave again; no crash.

Necora

The gatherer? I went through the template, and can't see how it will cause any problems. It is basically the vanilla template with model, name, and output changed. The only two things this introduces are cranberry and maple sap, and everything seems in order with those too.

It is really odd because I had a long play through yesterday. I found many things that need to be changed, but didn't have any crashes.

adelegarland

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 04, 2017, 07:39:48 PM
@adelegarland I have mine listed in the following order, over CC & MM (if you run them), and I haven't had a problem with lumber, in fact I had to turn it off because I ran out of buildings that used it :D

See if this load order helps you.
That is the way my last game was configured...  And Crashed!!   
Just DL'd the new crystal cliffs updated files (Thanks Necora  :-*)  and am going to start an brand new game today with the updated mod and the new updates from Kid. Wish Me Luck! :D
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Nilla

Together with the gatherer, I demolished the maple forester. I didn't think it caused the trouble, because it worked several years without problems, but the game crashed less than ½ year after I built the gatherer. It might have had a totally different reason. But I started the same save twice, with the same crash at the same time, before started it a third time, I demolished these buildings and went on with the game with no more problems.

I have now downloaded your new version of Crystal Cliff. I wanted to test this crash behaviour again, so I tried to load the save before this crash. It didn't work, the game crashed immediately, even before opening. But as I started my last save, it works alright.

I will build a maple forester and gatherer as soon as possible in this game and see what happens. I'll tell you how it works.

Necora

@Nilla and @adelegarland I hope it works for you!

I'm so sorry about this. It is so frustrating to see you with crashes, but I cannot replicate them! I play through Steam, with only my mods loaded, and have not had a crash. So it is really hard to pin point what exactly is causing it. I went for about 3 hours yesterday and found nothing (well, I found lots of issues, but none serious). I have not tried saving the game though.

Have you had any issues with the 107 beta without my mods and with other peoples mods?

adelegarland

Hi Necora
As promised, I'm attaching a list of the mods I'm using.    I just started a new game with your stuff on top with the latest versions and in the order in the PDF.   I'll play with it today and let you know...   Maybe you've fixed it all with the new release of crystal cliffs!!   I'll let you know, meanwhile thanks again for your hard work, I really appreciate it! 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

kid1293

Just a quick response.
@adelegarland - you don't have to use both versions of
Vegetable Garden. They are the same except for start conditions.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: kid1293 on March 05, 2017, 11:40:08 AM
Just a quick response.
@adelegarland - you don't have to use both versions of
Vegetable Garden. They are the same except for start conditions.
And if you use the Vegetable Medium Start version, it will function exactly like the other version if you don't use a Medium start condition so as Kid said, there's no need for both of them.

Nilla

Now, I'm quite sure. The gatherer in the maple forest causes the crash. I played a couple of years without any problems, then I built the gather for the maple forest. I didn't take long: crash. I made a save just before I built the gatherer's tent. So, I went back and played a year or so. Then I built a new gatherer. I held the menu open. First he collected a little maple sap, then a few berries, then crash. 

Necora

Quote from: Nilla on March 05, 2017, 04:58:47 PM
Now, I'm quite sure. The gatherer in the maple forest causes the crash. I played a couple of years without any problems, then I built the gather for the maple forest. I didn't take long: crash. I made a save just before I built the gatherer's tent. So, I went back and played a year or so. Then I built a new gatherer. I held the menu open. First he collected a little maple sap, then a few berries, then crash. 

Right I'm onto the bugger.

calli74

Maybe it's possible then that it was the maple gatherer that cause my crashes as I had those built and working before the skinner both times I crashed and maybe it's just coincidence that it happend both times just after I started using the skinner.

Necora

Hi all,

I'm currently updating all mods. The new Pine Set should be up by tomorrow (depending on my internet of course).

As for the crash, I hope I sorted it. I have been through that forager file top to bottom. It sounds like a flag issue, if it was happening after a certain time. Perhaps someone was putting some maple sap where they shouldn't have been.

Maple sap has changed to an inedible fruit now, so hopefully that solves the gatherer crash.

If not, I don't know where else to look.

@Nilla one thing, did you try the vanilla gatherer and pine harvester? Did they cause any problems? They are the exact same building and code as the maple forager. The only thing different between the three is the names and the resources gathered. That might help pin point something if those buildings are acting fine.

Necora

All mods have now been updated.

I hope this solves these crashes!

Nilla

Quote from: Necora on March 05, 2017, 07:38:05 PM

@Nilla one thing, did you try the vanilla gatherer and pine harvester? Did they cause any problems? They are the exact same building and code as the maple forager. The only thing different between the three is the names and the resources gathered. That might help pin point something if those buildings are acting fine.

They've run without problems many years. You might be on something with the maple sap in the wrong storage, because it takes a little while after you've staffed the building, until the crash comes. As I looked it was pretty soon, but the first thing, that was collected was maple sap.