Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Quote from: Nilla on March 06, 2017, 03:28:01 AM
Quote from: Necora on March 05, 2017, 07:38:05 PM

@Nilla one thing, did you try the vanilla gatherer and pine harvester? Did they cause any problems? They are the exact same building and code as the maple forager. The only thing different between the three is the names and the resources gathered. That might help pin point something if those buildings are acting fine.

They've run without problems many years. You might be on something with the maple sap in the wrong storage, because it takes a little while after you've staffed the building, until the crash comes. As I looked it was pretty soon, but the first thing, that was collected was maple sap.

Oh I think I just realized what it is! I put all forestry items under the new 'Materials' flag, which is Custom4 I believe, and for some reason I think Maple Sap was included in that. This flag, however, is also associated with stock piles. So the workers were trying to put the Maple Sap into a stock pile. The only problem is, maple sap doesn't have any 'pile' meshes, i.e. the things that show up when workers put the item into a stock pile. When that happens, the game crashes. This also explains why I could not replicate the crash, I only used the Pine Material Storage near my forest outpost because I hate the stock piles. This meant that I didn't notice not having the pile mesh as it isn't needed in a building.

This should be solved in the latest update as I have now made maple sap an inedible fruit, so it will only be stored in storage which has the 'Fruit' flag.

Cheers!

adelegarland

Hey Necora,    Got a question.   Domesticated animals, where do you get them, which gatherer or hunter?
By the way, dl'd everything this morning and have been playing for 4 hours, no big problems!   a couple of crashes on quitting, but saved game was fine.   So.. Good Job!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

@adelegarland by crashes on quitting do you mean when you quit the game from the in game menu? If so, did you do the load up trick when you add new mods? The one where you enable mods then exit then re-load then play.

Domesticated animals are produced by the stable in exchange for grain. 250 gain (wheat, barley, oats, or corn) makes 1 domesticated animal. This is the same dynamic as in CC.

adelegarland

the crashes happen when in game and I save then quit to the main menu.  that's when it crashes.   I've never tried the trick you mentioned...  will do that when adding new mods.
I've never used the CC stuff, so I'm not familiar with its workings.   
I also never use the debug thingy to increase any resources, I play from scratch each time I start a game... that's why I just finally built a trader and started to use the products from the Pine set.   built a pitch kiln, loom, spinner, lumber cutter.   Two crashes to report.  A merchant came by and when I opened the trader, it crashed when I tried to increase the number of items I was trading for the cows.  I loaded my last save before this and did exactly the same thing and it crashed again...  In the traders inventory were flax, pine bough, pine resin and maple syrup along with the usually stones logs etc.
Then I loaded and ignored the trader, and clicked on the kiln and it crashed when I clicked on the product choice.   Did this twice, and twice it crashed...  loaded a third time and paused the game, did the same thing and it was fine.   I have the trader back now, I bought some food with logs with no problem, next time I will try to use the flax and pine products to buy something.   It's weird how it kind of crashes then fixes itself.    that trick you mentioned, will that help, do you think?   
btw I have two computers so I am able to be here ion the site and at the game simultaneously.  (ain't I special  ::)  )

Nilla

Just some short information. I loaded your upgrades and the Maritimes Storage. I've played a couple of hours tonight. Everything works fine, no more crashes. Even the gatherer in the maple forest works! Thank you for finding the problem! :)

Necora

@Nilla great!

@adelegarland There was an incorrect storage flag in the pine pitch. I changed it and ran it and it seems to work now. Try re-downloading it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq0332w1vv0ntxh/MaritimesPineSet.pkm?dl=0

As for the trader, that is strange that it then worked OK. It is just a copy of the vanilla trader, so if there is something wrong there it should show up on all trade posts. Is it the PEI trader or the vanilla one?

The game is funny with new mods. Load the game, then from the first main menu go to the mod list. Enable any new mods, change the order to what you like, then go back to the main menu. But instead of starting a game, exit the game entirely. Then re-load the game and start as usual. I'm not sure why this happens, but that should stop the crashes upon exiting the game.

adelegarland

@Necora Thanks for the advice.  The trader was vanilla.    I've just begun a brand new game,   but I'll quit and download the new pine set and start again.    Thanks for helping me with all this!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention on the pine herbalist, bannies heads are popping through the tent! 

Necora

@adelegarland ha well we don't want them getting head aches, I'll put that on the list for the next update.

Dev Update.

So this evening I had a good play through with all of the maritimes mods, and I got quite engrossed in it! I have to say, I did also have CC loaded for the start conditions, maps, and decorations.

I now have plenty of ideas of things to add, mainly decorations. I think we need the pine trees to be decorative so you can put them all over your town. I also want to improve the models of most resources and make them all decorative. This will include adding a new blue berry bush, a cranberry bush, a small apple tree for those wild resources and making the others look nicer.

QueryEverything

@Necora did you tweak the numbers on the shore fisheries?  They seem a little less than what they were producing in the original Maritimes mod.  I rarely ever suffered starvation previously, even with just 5 buildings running, now I just can't keep up with the population.  I don't have the numbers handy, it just seems ...  less ...
:)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

adelegarland

@Necora I have a special request... maybe you could do a 1x2 and 1x3 dock with no ropes at all, kind of like a platform so I can make wider docks.  Just a thought...   ;)   

Nilla

Just wanted to tell; I loaded the upgraded version of the Pine-mod and can´t start it: Crash.

Necora

@QueryEverything I don't think so... they should be the same as before.

@adelegarland yup they are on the list, someone else requested it too. I guess if two people request it, it must be done!

@Nilla That is strange I was playing with it all last night and it was fine. Maybe the upload was corrupted... I did find it strange that it uploaded almost instantly on my internet, which should be impossible. I've re-uploaded it now from work. Try this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez74jhy24sbp46r/MaritimesPineSet.pkm?dl=0

Nilla

No, still crash. Doesn´t matter. I can start a new game.

QueryEverything

I can't load an older version otherwise I would to check for any changes, it just feels a little different. 
I will see what happens on the next map :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

I played a bit this afternoon and noticed a bug at the maple boiler: The worker wants to put maple sap there, but can't get rid of it, somehow. She gets there again, and again, and again carrying 100 maple sap around, producing nothing.