Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Trees

Started by Necora, March 25, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: Nilla on May 19, 2017, 12:42:53 AM
Quote from: QueryEverything on May 18, 2017, 06:09:19 PM
@Necora I was wondering, whilst you are updating the Pine Set houses (or perhaps roadmapping for further housing), is there a way to add a couple of 2x2 house variants?  For the smaller families, in the little out posts, to fit in with the rest of the 2x2 buildings that you have.

I find that would be too small. How large is one tile in real? 1,5 meter at the most. Not much space for any "rooms" there. ;)

Sure @Nilla if it was a full house, possibly be too small, but it's an add-on, not a full family grand home, it is what it is - a small logging retreat, where you would only have 1 or 2 kids, rugged up against the elements.  Think of it as "off the grid living in a tiny home".  It's perfectly doable.  :)  People live in tents in the middle of winter with 4 people.  :) 
Think of it this way - it's simply an extension of existing buildings where the workers can throw their swags.  :D  :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@Necora I was wondering, when you have time, if you might give some thought to branching out a little from Maritime and making a tree override mod that would look good with the separate cc terrain mod for the deserts?  The vanilla trees, especially evergreens look a little out of place but the only tree I can come up with for dry terrain is the California Joshua Tree, cactus wouldn't provide firewood. Perhaps one a bit more tropical too.  The maritimes trees are really great and make a nice change.  :)

Necora

Hi @Abandoned right now, no, I don't have time! I'm going away tomorrow for a couple of months for work. But, I will be in a tropical place so maybe I will get some inspiration for a tropical set when I return!

Oh and I like the 'branching out' for trees, intentional or not :)

Abandoned

@I knew you were busy and going soon, have a safe time away, look at those trees and think Banished  :)

brads3

if i pack quick wuill u pick me up on the way?

Bartender

Best of luck on your trip @Necora ! It must be tough, going to a tropical island and all that, but it's a small sacrifice to make for the sake of science ;).

QueryEverything

Quote from: Bartender on June 05, 2017, 03:34:39 PM
Best of luck on your trip @Necora ! It must be tough, going to a tropical island and all that, but it's a small sacrifice to make for the sake of science ;).

Damn that science making people do ghastly things in the name of it ... why, I never! 
;)

In all seriousness @Necora travel safe, work hard, enjoy the sun (goddess only knows a native UKer must make up for sun every moment possible, or so my M-I-L keeps telling me about her envy of the Aussie landscape); and do good science :D
If you come across any other awesome little critters, that aren't patented, or work doesn't prevent you from sharing, I would love to see some tropical itty bitties :) Pics please :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]