Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Excellent :)
Nice that you got a response.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

That's good news. And I also think that the response is promising. If we make specific points as concrete as here, we have good chances of a few more improvements. So I was not wrong to already start a forest glassworks for an additional building material. :)

Nilla

I'm happy, too. :)

I think, if this come true, it will help to keep the game alive longer. You modders have something new to "play" with and the rest of us to try out.

And Tom, I'm glad to hear about your glass plans!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 22, 2017, 03:21:18 AM
I'm happy, too. :)

I think, if this come true, it will help to keep the game alive longer. You modders have something new to "play" with and the rest of us to try out.

And Tom, I'm glad to hear about your glass plans!

definetly the first item material requirement people will surely add first will be glasses (windows)
i always found it strange to add wood/stone/irons for a building which has 4 windows and not being able to add that material.
for sure personally, i would go for a number of "glass" equal to the number of windows you see in the mesh :)

embx61

Luke will look into it and already stated (What I and others expected) it will not be too hard to add it to the game.

So I am pretty sure Luke will add it to the game and that is good news indeed :)

Summing up what the modders working on it did and tell luke the steps taken will help him pinpoint what the problem is.

My bet is still just a few definitions have to be added to the build requirements UI and make those available for use.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

i have glass.back then there was no glass. those windows were open holes with shutters to close them against indian arrows or wildlife.i do see new roof materials thou. thatch,tile,slate,etc.i'd  take a maintanence material that has to be added each year ,then we can use furniture,candles,silverware,etc. but that will take more coding.

Paeng

Glass-making can be traced to ancient days, across many cultures... In the Americas, a glass workshop was established at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1608. Until the early 1700s though, the colonists imported glass windows and table glass, as well as bottles, mostly from England. So it was certainly available...  ;)

I would assume that modders will not require glass for a grungy little hovel somewhere in the deepest forest LOL
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

oh oh, production chains, back to caves for my small mountain map people, need some cave dwellings or those hobbit houses Mr. @RedKetchup   :)

(nice addition for bigger maps and settlements.)

Tom Sawyer

Great news from Luke and I had to load my attempt from the first post of this thread. It works very well and can already out of beta please. ;D

If you want to see it in game you can load RedCottageBeta.pkm. It's just an example. I will add other materials like glass. The changes in the dialog files are rather simple and well described in Lukes readme. The only thing that is not mentioned is that also the ToolTipUpgrade.rsc has to be extended if used.

RedKetchup

good!  awesome Tom !

i hope many will test it and live with it to see if it is stable :)

Tom Sawyer

Playing around with the new feature I noticed that (of course) all mods which add more materials will be red flagged. And actually I don't see a reason why these additional build items in the dialog files should not be already in the core resources. They are hidden and would not change the UI of the vanilla game. So modders would just have to add more materials to the building template. Not a big deal and I can live with it as it is now. But maybe not the perfect solution.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 13, 2017, 01:38:27 AM
Great news from Luke and I had to load my attempt from the first post of this thread. It works very well and can already out of beta please. ;D

If you want to see it in game you can load RedCottageBeta.pkm. It's just an example. I will add other materials like glass. The changes in the dialog files are rather simple and well described in Lukes readme. The only thing that is not mentioned is that also the ToolTipUpgrade.rsc has to be extended if used.

hey ! anyone testing that ??? we need test results so we can foward to Luke !