News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS TownHouses v3.0.2 (updated 30 July 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, May 17, 2017, 06:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josito

Holy Roman! They look fantastic! thank you so much!!

despo_20

Wow Discrepancy! Another masterpiece!

Freedom

Discrepancy, as always, great work. The Bryggen TownHouses especially have become a go to favorite. Besides looking great as a standalone grouping, they work well with and as a transition to other mod groups. Thanks for all you've added to my Banished addiction.

One observation with the Bryggen houses though: it seems my Nomads are avoiding them. For example, I accept 7 nomads which result in having 7 homeless Bannies. I build a new Bryggen house but instead of homeless Bannies moving in, other pre-existing citizens claim the house (keeping the homeless icon at 7). I then build a non-Bryggen house and homeless Bannies drops to 3. Again build a new Bryggen house and again homeless stays at 3 while other citizens move in. Add one more non-Bryggen house and poof, no homeless Bannies. All the new houses are in close proximity. Certainly this could all be coincidental, but it's sure unusual (and baffling). Looking forward to the next wave of nomads to see if this holds true... 

Billyjoe

Hi, love the buildings ! just one noob question, the bakery menu says flour and water.  How do I get water as an item?
Thanks for the mod :)

embx61

Load a mod what have a water gathering building.

There are several.

Discrepancy have a Production kind of mod (Ds small village - production is the name I believe)
Redketchup Garden wall mod or NMT mod
Water Well by me.
My Irrigation system mods add water gathering too.

Maybe there are others but not sure as so many mods are released I forget quite a few of them :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

what bakery needs water? usually it is butter i think.i have several options. 1 is with nothing but flour.

embx61

My Bakery needs water and he is playing with Discrepancy's mod so his bakery need water too :)

elemental

Quote from: brads3 on July 02, 2017, 07:02:39 PM
what bakery needs water? usually it is butter i think.i have several options. 1 is with nothing but flour.

In real life, if you want to make bread you will need water. Flour and butter makes pastry.

In the game from memory the CC bakery used to use butter and flour to make bread but they changed it to just flour (no water required).

Billyjoe

Thanks for the reply... I couldn't figure it out :)

embx61

@Billyjoe

In Banished we can share materials so one mod can use the material from another mod as long as the names are the same so the game can recognize them.

So Discrepancy have in one of his other sets a water gathering building.

Then in the other set he made a bakery which need water to produce bread. Instead of adding a water gathering building to that set as well he adds the Raw Material Water File from the other set.

Other modders share all those files as well and try to make sure we use the same naming convention so every mod what needs water can get it from another mod. The game only loads one of those files in memory and it will be the one from the mod what is highest in the Mod List. The game will read that file and take and use all the values from that file.

It is a kind of Modular system and it saves resources.

In the worst case as no mod what gathers water is loaded the player have to wait till a trader brings the water.
It is important though that the modder adds the raw material water files to every mod what uses water though or else the game will crash if a player clicks on the bread selection in the bakery as the game will not find the water files and says, Bye, I am outta here! Crash Boom!.

Jurius

Hello everyone, playing Banished with this awesome mod added. Very gorgeous houses and stores!
Found some thing, that doesn't an issue at all, but when you "upgrade" The Bakeri with new chimney, builders dismantle current building, some of resourses, logs, stone e.t.c. are collected back, and finaly it turns that building a new bakeri costs 13 Stones. Is it an issue, or this feature makes some sence?

donwolfkonecny

I think these buildings are lovely! They are a bit odd shaped, very tall, but perhaps they are from a climate with heavy snow.
I love the deep colors, if they were grey, I would not bother with them.
I came here looking for the answer to where to get water, and confirmed there is no accompanying water. I personally think to avoid any conflicts down the road, any mod should be self-contained, meaning either add a source of water or drop water requirement at bakerii (although you could add another requirement as you do honey).
My opinion on new items: my barn is cluttered and I can't see how many warm coats I have or anything else that starts late in the alphabet.
Here would be my preferences:
"Light" is always welcome! New skins for mushrooms that still collect as mushrooms.
Don't make any new stuff to collect unless it can be used in production chain. Otherwise it is by definition "useless" lol
As far as making furniture and silverware etc that is useless, I am fine with that as long as it's crafted and not simply collected. However it might be better if some scenarios/maps were good for producing silverware for example and not others. For example good silver mines, or poor depending on map seed. Good or bad wood production for furniture etc (maybe use a different resource than wood so poor wood production doesn't hinder construction and firewood).
I'd like to see a house upgrade require furniture and silverware to build. (I don't play CC)

But my real reason for speaking up is thus: these are great buildings but they are quite expensive. I build my village from the center out. So that means I need some houses in the center in early game. But I can't build these. But these are "townhouses" suggesting they should be in a dense urban area. But I can't build them until late game when I am producing excess stone. Could you please build a cheap inefficient version of these that can be upgraded later to the current version (and perhaps a second time?)
I also think maybe townhouses don't need great insulation because hopefully a "townhouse" is near city-center and don't have far to walk for fuel. Whereas a house for say gather, will normally be further away from towncenter so you'd like these to be more insulated.
I've tried building these townhouses away from city center. But then that looks a bit odd because they are meant to be crammed up against each other. Maybe they get a insulation bonus if they are next to another townhouse?
I prefer to build the larger estate-type non-townhouses out away from the city - few people can afford large lots in a city! lol

So yeah, can you make these beautiful buildings low cost to build and low insulation and low pop, for their first level, so I can get some built early game? Then later at least one level of upgrade possible. Maybe the second level requires furniture and silverware and curtains?

Currently by the time I can afford to build them the town is well developed and there's no more need/space for them because I had to put up a bunch of other housing just to get some buildings going.

wiscoke

You can start building another town on your map and then use these as your center town houses

Discrepancy

updated to v3.0

Quote from: Discrepancy[May 25, 2017]...if luke adds the extra construction requirements. Then i will add glass and lumber. But not before.

The time has come... everyone has had ample time to come to terms with what I wrote back in 2017 ;)

The building construction costs have changed: Timber (lumber), Iron Fittings, Glass, Copper, Lime, Bricks to name a few materials are now requirements.
... and sorry there is no included building to produce any of them! you will need to play and wait for trade items, or (better option) play with other mods to produce them.

Change Log:
version 3.0 - new content   -- 20190715  |  .zip = 48.8mb (49,995kb)   .pkm = 89.5mb (91,732kb)
        - added Brick Town House set.
        - added new resources: Timber, Iron Fittings, Copper, Lime, Bricks, Glass, Linen.
        - altered construction cost of all previous buildings.
        - added storage ability to Bryggen Herbalist.
        - changes to all Bryggen production building UI's.
        - added fuel and temp ratings to all homes.
        - changes to all building fire variables.
        - added Linen as a product option for making Warm Coats at Bryggen Tailor.
        - altered some earlier Menu icons.

Download link

Nilla

Wonderful! :)
Thank you!
Can I use it in an existing game including the old version?