News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: BEVERSET town #2

Started by brads3, May 27, 2017, 10:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Updated both the Unified Mod and the Production Set 1 Mod so water output is increased a bit.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

i think my issue was due to several mod conflicts. i had some low crop productions,low output on duck blinds,no wells produced over bout 40,etc.i did narrow it down though.took me a few days and several attempts.the ducks actually took moving a NECORA mod below CC. and it was a storage mod so should have had nothing to do with ducks.
    i did remember that you had dropped yopur well down.i had wondered if it was holding RK's NMT watertower down too. that didn't solve enough issyues though. i do know NECORA has updated many mods so the storage may be a older version.i actually didn't have your well either but i do have the tannery.there are several mods that have a "worker" profession. don't take it that it was your mod.
   EMB,did you see my wishlist for a well with a pump that can channel water to a town a little ways from a river?

brads3

BEVERSET REVIEW

only mod change listed is moving the ketchup mod below CC to fix a blank tag of the tomatoes.the goal was to build the 1st settlement and expand inland away from the waterworld map.it would also help support the fort by sending logs and food.this is the 1st time we met the indians.

this is a really nice map.the ground climbs up from the river giveing a reason for the stilt houses to be used.it flattened out for the markets and a village. to the east was a large valley surrounded almost completely by mountains which gave a good fit for the meadows.a wide canyon to the south opened to a lake.much of the rough hill terrain  runs along the river. its a good mix and gives plenty of open flat areas to build.

we started with 14 settlers,apples,wheat,and potatoes.by year 3,we had built markets to stockpile goods to ship downstream to the fort.a vendor would stock these and jump back and forth to keep logs for the firewood cutter.here the bannies learned to burn thatch. they prefer firewood,why some use more thatch than others is a mystery.we also noted the fodder takes over land more than the thatch. thatch allows for herbs and roots to grow within the meadows but fodder pushes them out.a blending of these 2 might be nice.
         met our 1st pair of indians in year 4.they joined us and taught us many things.combined with the many animals of the tower hunter and trapper,this did make for a good story.the indians with the help of a canadian,NECORA,would soon teach the bannies not to destoy bird nests.this map does not have the updated pine mod with the new gathering training.
the indians broght a change to our textiles adding furs and pelts.

year 9,construction on the lumberyard began.10 new settlers come from the fort in year 10.these built up the fodder mod and became our teacher and medics.they were followed by 10 more in year 13.they worked the forest and began working on making furniture.year 15,the trading post was established and began to send coats,furniture.and other goods to the fort.14 more nomads yr 16 including the LOCKIES.they helped expand our operations and added honey,ducks,and rice to our diets.30 indian nomads yr 22.this set built the FO. village to fish and hunt near the south lake.half of them began expanding west across the river.

at year 25 on,this map takes off and alot of building and expanding is done.as it spreads out to bring in more logs. food drops somewhat but not overly troublesome.it does slow construction progress.

in year 28 a large group of 30 nomad settlers stops by. at this point it is decided that they will travel onward to settle more land elsewhere.

end popultaion 153,39 houses plus boardinghouse.47% education.food at 9000+ from 10 crops,2 rice paddys,and a greenhouse.there is hunting,gathering,and fishing throughout the lakes and forests. 4 different coats,furniture,and candles are being shipped.perfumes is planned but held up due to other needs and water troubles.with the nomads coming is smaller groups,the population grew more steadily and the education level stayed higher.it did grow and build muuch smoother than the LANDING FORT.there was 5 sets of nomads plus the ending group of 30.

this town ends with several forests of different types.not only has it expcanded the textiles but also types of tools.the livestock canyon is protected by hunters to the west.more pastures and crops can be added there.this town can continue to supply the fort and produces goods for settlers passing through as well.there is lots of room to grow this town.

production issues or outputs:EB herbalist is low collecting about 10 per year.wells including the NMT tower are way low about 30 each.crops and orchards about 700 per field.rice paddy is 1000.furniture is putting out 70 with 2 workers.beekeeper 150 honey,200 beeswax.trout fisherman 325.foresters 150 logs,gatherer 1000.duckblinds 100 meat, feathers or fish hit and miss.RK hunter cabin 800+,tower hunters 450+.this at 38% education level.

i don't remember any major issues with the storage or markets. the vendors did jump back and forth to move goods in and out of the trading post markets.each area has a market except the south lake.

3 issues with this town. the EB herbalist didn't want to find enough herbs even with a mini forester added close by. water shortages from the different wells.duck hunters catching fish,producing less duck,and not producing feathers.
             due to the closeness of the river,an engineer,EB,designed new ways to move the water instead of digging wells.irrigation canals or ditches will make for some interesting maps.