News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Plimoth Harmonized V1.3

Started by kid1293, June 25, 2017, 07:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancientmuse

@embx61

Yup, the mods stay in the same order as they were before the update.

But I always like to play it safe when it comes to game updates (you just never know what might go wonky with an update that you might not like) so I always create a completely new separate game folder from the older game, rename it, and install the update to the new copied folder leaving the old one alone.  This way the old game stays the same and is completely untouched by any new updates.

So far, I have 5 different Banished game folder shortcuts on my desktop which gives me the choice of playing whichever Banished Version I'm in the mood for:

- Banished CC Journey
- Banished North 5
- Banished 106
- Banished 107
- Banished 107 v3  (the latest update I decided to keep it separate too just in case something goes wonky with it)

All are completely separate game folders with completely separate game play, but any and all mods that I copy over to each game stays in the exact same order as they were in the previous versions.  Once they are added into the Windata folder and enabled, they stay in whatever order you've listed them in originally.... and if you move them around to change the mod list order, they'll stay in that new order also.

In a nutshell:  Updates don't affect the mod list order whatsoever.... or at least no updates have done that thus far that I've ever experienced.

@Abandoned

Just to be on the safe side, make a copy of your 106 folder and rename it "Banished 107" (or whatever you want to call it) and then install the update to that new folder only.  This way your old trusty 106 game folder is safe from any changes from the new 107 update.

Your old 106 game will stay exactly the same way as it is.  Doing it this way is also a good way of making sure any old mods don't get mixed up with any new mods that you might accidentally override when you start adding a bunch of new mods.

You can copy all of your 106 mods over to the new 107 folder, or you can delete the ones you no longer want from the new folder because you plan to update those old ones with the newer 107 mod updates.... the choice is yours.  And by the way, any old 106 mods that you replace with updated 107 mods that are exactly the same as the 106 mod except for the community toolbar change, those too will stay exactly in the same order as their old 106 mod originally was....

In other words:  any new updated 107 mod that still has the same name as the old 106 one will keep it's original mod order on the mod list.  But if the name has been changed to something different, then it will be recognized as a completely new mod and will be added to the top of the mod order list instead.

Just something for you to keep in mind.

Abandoned

@ancientmuse thank you so much, I think that is what I shall do.  I would like a separate setup for the North with recommended mods and favorites, and one for CC. Then I will do a little more experimenting with CC.  Separate game setups will certainly shorten the mod list in the miscellaneous Banished game.

When I updated to 106, I uninstalled and reinstalled the new version, but at that time I didn't have nearly as many mods as I do now.  And it looks like I am going to need a new spiral notebook for all my notes and version numbers.  That 107 mod download section is quite impressive and overwhelming. I do already have quite a few 107 mods in my game and several special 106 versions from @kid1293 which I very much appreciated.  Thank you again Kid  :)  I want to be sure to add these great new plimouth retextured buildings to my 106 game before I do anything else.

The Pilgrim

The new models look great @kid1293   thank you so much!

kid1293

:) You're welcome!

That was my vacation to do them. Instant gratification!

kid1293

HI!

I have updated to 1.01 with a new small barn.
A request by @The Pilgrim

Abandoned

A nice size small barn, thanks @kid1293 , thanks @The Pilgrim for requesting it.  :)

kid1293

The Pilgrim

As always it is perfect my friend.

taniu

@ Kid 1293 :D Wonderful mod . Thank you , Cheers! :

kid1293

galensgranny

DesoPL

I must say, this mod is one of my favs seriously! It's cooperate great with RK's camp mod.