Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Peak's Valley for 1.0.6 - 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, June 26, 2017, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Peak's Valley for 1.0.6 - 1.0.7

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=319

This mod has a new map choice in the starting menu. This new map is kinda a valley but with very little changes : the good zones are a little bigger, just a little bit bigger and the random mountains are alot more higher.

Also this mod want to be a little change to the old ground textures.
- A new "grass" and "mountain" ground texture that add more realism and give a better forest look.
- New Crop, Orchard, Pasture, StorageYard textures to go with the new ground texture.

of course, lika all mods that add or change the starting conditions... arent compatible because only the 1st one to the list is allowed to be taken into considerations. But if time to time you want to try it... place it on top of your mod list :)

Enjoy it as I am :)
I made this for myself but i am sharing it with you all :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

here some screenshots in game to show you how it looks like :)

Paeng

That looks really cool... definitely gonna use that set  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Whoyou13

The photo with the cows reminds me of Rogue Encampment from Diablo 2, hahahahaha

embx61

Nice textures.

You found them on Sketchup Textures site Red?

It is good to see something different them the in game grass and soil.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

embx61

O nice.

A tutorial as well how to make a seamless texture. That can be very helpful :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

very nice Mr. @RedKetchup , you know how much we like variety, thank you  :)

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 27, 2017, 07:11:27 AMIt is good to see something different them the in game grass and soil.

Indeed... specially for us mountain types who don't really fancy the verdant greens...  ;)

Just played a bit with this, really good for forests... love the (crop) field texture, that even looks good with the sparse crops (the wide-spread type showing lots of ground between the plants)...

Also the higher mountains are more green now, not a stark brown "circle" around everything else...

And as a bonus, there seem to be more peeps to start? I got 20 on a medium game... I like that.  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

just a coincidence. i didnt touch the number of peeps or anything. those are rolled and are part of the difficulty level (hard/med/easy) which i didnt touched.
i only added a new kind of map.

about the crop texture (and orchard one too) i took the crop texture i found the other day, i took photoshop and i overlayed the new forest texture over it at 60% opacity. this is why we still see the crop lines ... and still have a forest iffy texture :)
the pasture one is a direct copy of the forest one, with a bit more green and contrast. the stockpile is a screenshot in game of the forest texture taken from vertical and changed hue to more brown ish tone.

about the mountains, this is exactly the same texture as the grass, but what seems nice, the game seems to put it more green on peak's sides than the other tones. it gives a good effect.

taniu

@ RedKetchup. :)Thank you for a nice addition, I'm so glad that everything that comes out of your hands is fantastic. You are wonderful . I have to ask you to be afraid to ask you, but only you can help me, because I have mods "NMT" - there is a bakery but with brick and as you know I like to have everything from wood. This bakery only works with the addition of "Bakery Plus" with CC. Can you make a wooden version for me like the "Butcher" . Please? . This bakery - "Medieval Bakery" :)I can not use only 1 item "Fruit Cake [Flour + Apricot] does not have Apricot without CC

Hawk

This Peak's Valley looks really good. I like it. Thank you.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on June 30, 2017, 04:59:09 AM
This Peak's Valley looks really good. I like it. Thank you.  ;D

it is strongly possible i ll do a variant of it with a very very thin yellow lines incorporated in the .png to simulate tiles.
i say that under reserve unless i find it really too complicated.

Quote from: taniu on June 30, 2017, 03:48:00 AM
@ RedKetchup. :)Thank you for a nice addition, I'm so glad that everything that comes out of your hands is fantastic. You are wonderful . I have to ask you to be afraid to ask you, but only you can help me, because I have mods "NMT" - there is a bakery but with brick and as you know I like to have everything from wood. This bakery only works with the addition of "Bakery Plus" with CC. Can you make a wooden version for me like the "Butcher" . Please? . This bakery - "Medieval Bakery" :)I can not use only 1 item "Fruit Cake [Flour + Apricot] does not have Apricot without CC

maybe i can do a wood mesh but... i am not the author of this menu... who did it to you ?

taniu

@ RedKetchup. :)Thank you for a nice addition "Colorful Little Houses " and "Stone Wall Kit 1.My heart rejoices on every new mods add to "Banished" Thank you also for your help and maybe I will have a wooden building - baker. You're a great person, so I'm good at talking to you and you're not paying attention to my deadly English. Cheers!

RedKetchup

Quote from: taniu on July 02, 2017, 05:10:24 AM
@ RedKetchup. :)Thank you for a nice addition "Colorful Little Houses " and "Stone Wall Kit 1.My heart rejoices on every new mods add to "Banished" Thank you also for your help and maybe I will have a wooden building - baker. You're a great person, so I'm good at talking to you and you're not paying attention to my deadly English. Cheers!

i cant promise due my bad brain.... but i ll try to do this tonight... after nap