News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i wait to see what PILGRIM comes up with for that set. he had such big great ideas for it.to stay historical and do each area of the country would be a huge undertaking.and yes i was talking wishful thinking. if you get bored or caught up,there are many ideas:)

RedKetchup

what if you start to learn make 3D and make mods ? Brad :)
we always love to find new talents :)

who will help to make Banished Great Again !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

my luck and skill with modding is not good enough. i did learn from you to do some map modding with FS13.still have a giant map to finsih. i did some scripting,mainly copy and redo or change it.but am no good at buildings. i'd have better luck learning a new language than computer language.lol

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on August 11, 2017, 07:06:16 PM
my luck and skill with modding is not good enough.

i was 0 skill, 0 knowledge when i started with 0 people to tell me how i should do things lol

embx61

You can just try giving it a shot brads.

Like Red said, we did not know anything either and Red was even in a more worse situation because he was just about the only modder in the beginning.

I learned quite a lot from Red and somewhat from kral by asking questions and Red has giving me a lot of his meshes to look at before we put them in the Laboratory.
It was a case of trust we developed under each other so we share our stuff without being afraid that some run of with them and claiming them their own.

If you get a bit the drive a lot will fall into place and things going to be a lot more easier.
And we still learning each day.

Start simple with some map changes or something. Try to make a simple house in Blender or similar 3d model and code it so it can be added to the game.
Nothing fancy. I started mostly with just a box with a roof, no windows and doors) to learn the coding so it fitted in the game.
When it worked I did more and more detailing.

The moment you see, even when it looks like crap, it working in the game you will get the drive to keep working on it :)

And if you get stuck we help you to get it working. Most of us learned this way and poor Red had to learn most by himself as there were no other modders to ask questions to.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

YEAR 76-78

while there is still some projects being finished,the workers head north to begin clearing and supplying NORDIC buildings.a school,several houses,a mill and bakery,cemetary,and a hospital.we trade for 20 domestic animals to be used in sherbrooke.as time allows,they work on a canal near the dock-quay village.
   in year 77,we add more sherbrooke colorful houses and some processors.a vodka distillery,dairy,weaver,smokehouse,and venison dryer are built.to help our firewood needs,we assign more workers to our various sawmills.

pic 1: tjorko mill and start of a nordic town
pic 2:rabbit pen,chicken coop,goats,cow barn and stables. all using corn
pic 3:vodka distillery center with a weaver,tavern,hospital, and old dairy.

RedKetchup

how possible with 200 extra laborers you cannot never resolve the lack of fuel your towns have ?

brads3

it is CC.there is a lot of buildings using firewood for processing.houses are burning coke fuel and thatch also. i thought the no coal would override everything but firewood and thatch. it hasn't worked that way.i di have a lot of sawmills with 2 and 3 workers pushing out firewood also.and i have been steadily trading for it ,taking several hundred firewood each time.good thing is i have not lost anyone from freezing.

brads3

YEAR 78

while work continues in the north,a crew has been busy with the canal.it didn't look right so they rebuilt half of it.i admit i have not built many of these.since i would like to build only 1 of each set,i am trying to push it in a tight spot. this is just the 1st of 6.
    we finish a silkworm hut and mulberry grove to feed it.when the workers cleared land for a new sheep pasture,i realize someone stole the sheep.must have been all those nomads last year. there was over 500 of them.no telling which set took the sheep.
     though we now have over 300 houses and we have doubled up workers,we need 100 more houses and have 200 laborers.

pic 1: canal problems
pic 2: silkworm hut waiting for leaves from the mulberry grove
pic 3: stolen sheep

RedKetchup

whats up with your canals ? and with they are some snow patch between some pieces ?

brads3

not sure. i rebuilt those because i thought i used the wrong pieces.they are the canal fillers,shorter than the sections.they look fine in summer too.this is the 2.04 version.i figure it has to be the AO snow somehow.there is a mound of dirt between 2 pieces i can't get rid of either.

RedKetchup

do you still have the very old NMT2.0 in your mod list ? because fillers are made from same living water as the bigger pieces, and since they are living and moving, they cannot attract snow :P

all the very old pieces from NMT2.0 were not moving so maybe they could get snow :P

EDIT : oh i see : you dont use NMT 3.0 Canal System !!!!!!!!
you are using NMT2.0 !!!!!!

brads3

YEA,I am surprised all the pieces don't look the same with snow though.i want to run this map and after you finish the new NMt look at more uploads.i haven't used the canals much before,but there are other parts to the NMT i use all the time.the meat dryer and salt mine and the tile roof or brickmaker are handy.i like the clay pit more than the CC shoremen. NMT lets me build most buildings without the added building supply so i can use them sooner too.i am curious to see if you split the NMT more since there is so many textures and options now too?

RedKetchup

bah i try to do themes.

btw, it is possible there is an error in NMt2.0 filler that makes it gather snow. it was probably not a bug, but a missing from my part to change a line in the filler files while i did it for most of all other files... an omission ?
thats the testing part. most often i hope on people to find those errors quickly and tell me ^^
for now it is kinda late, i wont comeback make a "new" build of an old 2.04 mod made 2 years ago ^^ specially when i am redoing everything to update to 3.0

brads3

no of course notshouldn't be expected to redo the old files. i have plans to build the other sets and we can see how the others look.