News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Reeds v. 1.1 + NatDiv

Started by jesta030, July 11, 2017, 01:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesta030

Reeds v. 1.1 + NatDiv

Adds reeds to the game growing close to water. The plants can be harvested to give reeds that act as fuel.
This version is compatible to and requires Bartender's 'Natural Diversity' mod. Place above it in the load order.

For the standalone version see http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1834

Update 1.1

• added raw material reeds, can be harvested with "Remove Resources" tool, gives reeds that act as fuel
  • polishing: snow, swaying in the wind
  • split into two versions: standalone and + NatDiv

Download
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=330

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

wow, use as fuel, with or without NatDiv.  Very nice  :)

elemental

The reeds look great @jesta030. I think they would look even better if you could make them grow on the riverbanks and in shallow water.

Kristahfer

Downloaded the Reeds Updated 1.1 + NatDiv. After moving into my WinData folder launching Banished and then enabling, the standard reload went fine. After exiting Banished my system crashes prior to completing the full startup, prior to even being able to choose a starting condition. Going to disable the Reeds mod and see what happens. Shame though I have missed the reeds and am really looking forward to being able to use them again.

jesta030

Quote from: Kristahfer on July 12, 2017, 06:12:28 PM
Downloaded the Reeds Updated 1.1 + NatDiv. After moving into my WinData folder launching Banished and then enabling, the standard reload went fine. After exiting Banished my system crashes prior to completing the full startup, prior to even being able to choose a starting condition. Going to disable the Reeds mod and see what happens. Shame though I have missed the reeds and am really looking forward to being able to use them again.

@Kristahfer did you place it above NatDiv? Any other mods enabled? Any error Messages on Crash?

@elemental working on it. But the reeds in the water wont be harvestable and might be sticking through buildings. :)

taniu

@ jesta030  :) Thanks for the 2mods "Reeds standalone v1.1 and" Reeds v. 1.1 + NatDiv "are nice.I have the same problem with mod Reeds v. 1.1 + NatDiv is a error in the new game. No matter where he lay over or under  "Nad Div2"

jesta030

@taniu you're using the new beta version of NatDiv. Since this has reeds itself where's the need for my reeds mod anymore? :D

I guess NatDiv has a file "NaturalResouurceReeds.rsc" aswell so the two mods cancel each other out. If NatDiv is on top you wont get any of my reeds, if my mod is on top you wont get any of NatDiv's reeds (and their raw materials). Just stick with NatDiv's reeds. It's a different model and has other functions but it really does the same: add some reeds close to water. :)

Kristahfer

@jesta030 I have the Reeds 1.1 + NatDiv loaded above NatDiv2. Other mods enabled, yes around 132 or there about. All of which appear to function properly. Placing the Reeds mod in the WinData folder, then launching Banished without issue. Once loaded I moved the Reeds mod to where I wanted it and then enabled it. Reload took place and then I exited Banished, waited a short time then relaunched Banished, and then alt-tab'd out to wait for the music. No music, instead a crash error, Application 64 standard crash error. If you would like a listing of my mods in load order let me know. Not sure if that will help though. After three attempts, I removed the Reeds mod and no longer had the crash. Oh, each attempt was on a new game.

jesta030

@Kristahfer Are you using both the stable AND beta version of NatDiv? If you have lots of mods enabled the reeds will probably conflict somewhere. It messes with the defaults for the map generator... In the mod screen you can click on a little button that shows more info for the mod. This will also list mods and resources that it conflicts with. That info might help me to find the problem. Also the window that opens when the game crashes has some error message in it. The first line is helpful.

I doubt I can make the mod work well with all other mods. It's probably easier to just stick with NatDiv 2 Beta which also has reeds...  :)

Kristahfer

@jesta030 , by stable version are you meaning the NatDiv ? If then I am only using the NatDiv2 mod. Thanks my friend. I will try and get it to work when I get a chance. Will keep you apprised of the outcome.

taniu

@ jesta030. :)Thanks for the explanation, I will only use the versions "Reeds v1.1 standalone - because it works.Thank you and best regards

Abandoned

@jesta030 Since NatDiv2 has reeds and they are then an option for the thatcher to use for making the thatch building materials, I would suggest using this Reeds version with NatDiv light which has no reeds, if it will work.

Edit: NatDiv2 also has branches to collect as firewood.

adelegarland

What am I doing wrong?  Load Order:

1.0.7 Compatibility
Storage stash
Flax Patch
New Pine Flora
Pine Set
Maritimes Trees
Reeds+NatDiv
Natural Diversity 1.0.1
All the rest...

No reeds.   I've tried switching reeds and natdiv and nothing.  Any Ideas?
Thanks
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

you shouldn't need the tree mod and the pine mod. the pine mod already doe the trees.i would try to place the compatibility 107 below all those others.