News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Tiny V3.0

Started by kid1293, July 17, 2017, 06:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatinho65

Tradeposts: Yeah, it may be a mac thing, but no real way to know unless I discover a huge mac based Banished community lol;) The trading post does work on vanilla with occasional crashes, that is what I think of as normal. But if it happens 3-5 times in a row then it gets frustrating lol, waiting for that one time that it actually works.

@Paeng: I definitely began with your 1.07 list, that is what I started with so mostly I don't have a lot of older mods, only ones that I downloaded based on what was suggested to play with The North, before realizing The North wasn't yet a 1.07 mod lol;) Since then I have only loaded the North all on its own to get a feel for the various parts, no long term towns yet. I'm still trying to figure out which of the mods work, solo or in combination even with the 1.07 list.

Up until now I had not been adding mods to a town in progress, I thought that was a no-no but it sounds like you don't have a problem with that! Great news;) Is it still best to add the mod to the WinData, open game and enable the mod, ok the reload, exit, load the existing game, load the mod into the game, quit, exit, restart and load the game? Lots of steps lol, but whatever works.

Here's a question then: Say I want to start two towns, one full of DS Small Village stuff and extras (tunnels, jetty's etc), and a town with Kid's Mission/Tequila/Forest Outpost stuff including the Red Desert terrain Mod. Since I play slowly and have to build up quite a long time before I can actually really build a lot of the stuff included, is it okay to enable/disable the mods as I switch from game to game, without all the moving things around? As long as I keep a list of the mods I'm actually enabled for each game? Is that too greedy lol?

It seems that EB and Maritime stuff needs to be separate all on its own, but I'm still trying to figure that out. And how to include NatDiv and New Flora is really tough, it all worked so well on my first experimental game, but since then has perhaps been part of my problem with lots more crashes. I now have both mods out of the WinData folder and the registry, too bad. Otherwise I'd really like to have both NatDiv and New Flora be in most of my games, I like the extra models and scenery they provide.

Paeng

Quote from: gatinho65 on September 29, 2017, 05:20:16 PMIs it still best to add the mod to the WinData, open game and enable the mod, ok the reload, exit, load the existing game, load the mod into the game, quit, exit, restart and load the game?

In my opinion and experience - no. Once you have done a full re-start (absolutely necessary!) and a proper save on you initial start, you don't need to do the multiple start routine again and again after simply laoding additional mods.

* Some still claim it's necessary... to "play safe".   ;)

QuoteHere's a question then: Say I want to start two towns [...snip...] is it okay to enable/disable the mods as I switch from game to game, without all the moving things around?

I feel you'd still invite trouble...
For such scenario it would probably better to have different installations of Banished...

QuoteIt seems that EB [and Maritime stuff] needs to be separate all on its own

Nah, EB items work very smooth with everything 107...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

gatinho65

I have never gotten anything other than EB bridges to load, even all by themselves. Every other EB mod crashes for me, even all on their own, usually at some point within the first hour of any new game where I've tried to use them. Some don't even load, not sure what is happening there lol.

I think you are right, especially given the challenges I've already noted, I will just pick a group of mods and play one town with them until I'm sick of them lol, then start all over and try something new. Nothing wrong with that lol;)

kid1293

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Thanks. :)
I can see they fit well with other tiny buildings.
Glad I could add them.

Turis

galensgranny

Thanks for adding those little houses, Kid!  :)

twilightbreeze

Any chance of also getting a workshop for a tailor/blacksmith combo, only doing hide/wool clothing, and Iron/Iron tools? ;D

Also, why does the storage house firewood? Takes up all the food room.  :)
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

I am a bit busy now (again) and must say 'later' to a workshop.

Storage? You mean market?  Noted!

taniu

@@kid1293 :D Thank you very much - beautiful small colorful houses. Regards

twilightbreeze

No, not the market...although if it does store firewood and ore, might want to change that too.

No, I mean the storage:

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

adelegarland

and that's why we love you and your mods!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

kid1293

QuoteNo, I mean the storage: (showing picture)

Do you mean Yard Covers? They have storage, yes, but there is no firewood among the food!
I don't know if someone has edited the code? CC, North... No idea.

twilightbreeze

No, the STORAGE barns...in the pics.....of your Tiny mod. It stores firewood and ore, which takes up a lot of space making no room for food. Th bannies seem to want to store that stuff in the STORAGE barn instead of the stock pile.