News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EB Roads - Version 17005 - Sept 13 2017

Started by embx61, August 18, 2017, 02:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Adding the remove tool is only a minor change but it's a huge improvement.  :)

PredatorBeing

Any thoughts about having bridges with the same road as the roads we drop? Then it looks like one seamless continuous road across the river/creek.

embx61

It surely is possible but if I later add more roads I end up with as many bridges.

Not that it is hard to do but it will grow the mod and not sure if I can do F Key variants as there will be no indication what bridge belongs to what road as it will not be visible while dragging the bridge I think. you only can see if it has the right road after the dragging is done so if it is the wrong road, try again and so on. That is tedious and players will just hate me. LOL

That means all the bridges have to be on toolbars just as the roads are now instead of F keying them.
But it is surely possible and after I have made a bridge I will look into it and will just make the toolbars as the roads are now.

Dirt roads I will not have to add though as it makes no sense to make a bridge and cover it in mud or sand :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

hmmm i aint a modder but i can be nuts. what about faking it. build the bridges and then a ghosted road pice that can be used to continue the road as it was? would it look decent then?

embx61

I don't know how to make ghosted roads (yet)

I think only CC have ghosted road pieces as far as I know. The ghosted roads have to be made in 3ds max on a plane instead of just a decal as the real roads I think.

It is easy enough to make a plane but the scaling of the road to match exactly the real roads from the texture is going to be cumbersome I think unless a game tile is 64x64 pixels because that is (and 128x128 depending on the resolution) what I used to create my 1024x1024 road textures.

I think that is the reason Discrepancy not made ghosted road pieces yet either.

Savidan

The roads from @RedKetchup  are ghosted ... or no ...  the sidewalk actually is ghosted.

embx61

Red's roads are completely a mesh though.

They are not real roads (Decals) as in the game.

So it is easier to scale the right sizes for his ghosted pieces as everything is in the mesh.

With Banished roads nothing is a mesh. It is just a decal painted on the floor.
I need to play with the scaling a bit on a 1 tile road plane in Max to see what works this weekend.

elemental

I'm not 100% sure but I think maybe you have the wrong pics on the buttons for your two dirt roads.

embx61

The first one is for sure the texture I used.

The second one it is possible I used the wrong texture. It is just a grain type texture. The problem is I deleted by accident my PSD files and the PNG have 50% opacity so I cannot really look anymore.

I had to go by placing the roads in the game and remember from memory what textures I used.

I also used in (some) of the PSD files color balance, curves, saturation and so I had to gamble there a bit by looking at the roads in the game.

I will look in the game in a bit and look a bit more and maybe I have to re scale road one as I am 100% sure I used the right texture.

embx61

I see it now.

The texture are right but I switched the buttons. Road 1 button refers to road 2 and vise versa.

Will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for the report :)

RedKetchup

there are 2 different thing...

a road on the ground allowing citizens to walk on those and get speed from it...
my sidewalks arent road , they are decoration mesh , same thing as a building , or a statue. but in a form of a sidewalk floor, just that.

the game has different feature that works totally different, along with their different coding code.

roads works different and dont have a 3D mesh. they are just a "painting" on the ground with a .png
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .