News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Set: South Africa In Progress

Started by angainor88, August 19, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

Hey, so I am new to this forum and to modding, but I made my first mod!

Am gonna start on a set based around this theme (South African Architecture) next I think. Thank you to all the people here for helping me through it!

This first one is a cottage in the Cape Dutch style.

RedKetchup

looks good :)
and i encourage you to continue and hopefully, people with have more mods to play with :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ancientmuse

Oooo... South African style, that'll be interesting !

Looking good so far.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with !

;D

angainor88

The first model of the Xhosa House is (kinda) complete! Well, the blender part, no textures or AO yet.

It may take a while to get more done, cause I am moving next week, and gotta spend all weekend packing...

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on August 24, 2017, 06:47:06 PM
The first model of the Xhosa House is (kinda) complete! Well, the blender part, no textures or AO yet.

It may take a while to get more done, cause I am moving next week, and gotta spend all weekend packing...

take your time :)
as you need time to learn all this :)

Abandoned

Yes, very nice looking houses.  We will be patient.   :)

angainor88

Woo! Moving complete! Unpacking... halfway?

But I also finally have my houses. Mostly done, still a few tweaks, mostly on the footprint when I figure it out.

angainor88

Just finished making all the models for the next group (Cape Dutch styles houses) in Sketchup. Going to start putting them all in blender today, but there are 9 models, so it might take a bit. I made them too fancy...

My eventual plan after these are done is to make some Bo-kaap style rowhouses and then a boarding house, and then figure out how to put them all in one file. And then I'll be done (with the housing set). Making these is a bit addicting, I keep coming up with new plans for things I want to do...

QueryEverything

Congratulations @angainor88 on your models :D  they look superb!!  Well done!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

angainor88

Well I have most of the next one built... I just keep getting errors when I compile it. Asking for files that don't exist again *sigh*

Anyone up to staring at code? or should I ask in the Tips and Help thread?

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on October 04, 2017, 03:03:01 PM
Well I have most of the next one built... I just keep getting errors when I compile it. Asking for files that don't exist again *sigh*

Anyone up to staring at code? or should I ask in the Tips and Help thread?

if it ask for files that doesnt exist then it is because the links inside your .rsc are bad and not properly named.
if it ask things like work.rsc cropfile.rsc sharedelements.rsc.... you have to put a copy of the asked file in the proper folder.

without providing the names of the files that give you errors... doesnt help to determine what to do

angainor88

Sorry, called away to dinner.

Yeah I keep looking for the thing that is named wrong, and I just can't find it. It keeps asking for a CapeDutchHouse.001.rsc.

I must just be missing something, but I have stared at all of it for hours...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fag2jyq1p7nbi8g/CapeDutchHouse.7z

RedKetchup

the name of the texture is wrongly named for 1 of your mesh : mesh02

angainor88

Aaaa thank you so much! I would never have found it... I don't even know how that got there haha.

angainor88

Well thanks to your help, I have finished the Cape Dutch House, and am 3/5 through the set. You guys put out everything so fast, I don't know how you do it >.<