News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Shunned Trading Post

Started by irrelevant, June 16, 2014, 07:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

@nmid  @irrelevant   I used to know someone who used that same avatar many years ago on the Keenspot forums and every time I see if I wonder. :D

irrelevant

@mariesalias I've been using this avatar and name on multiple forums for 8 or 10 years now, I think. It wasn't me on Keenspot though.

Well, been using the name 10 years anyway. Sniper Kitten may have come along a couple of years later.

@nmid - JSC doesn't ring any bells offhand, where would that have been?

nmid

@irrelevant On a forum/board for a game called Stars!...

irrelevant

@nmid  I plead innocent, of that anyway.

Kaldir

Quote from: irrelevant on June 17, 2014, 07:45:08 AM
Now I think about it, I emptied out all the trade goods after this, or anyway I tried to. Everything went to other TPs, except for 500 ale. They are stuck in there and have been for at least a year, even though the inventory is set to zero with 18 traders there.

I've seen ale staying in two of my trading posts for years as well. A few times it was moved out eventually, after several years at least. But later the ale would just stay there forever (well, until I quit that town). I produced enough ale myself by that time, maybe it only moves out if the tavern needs more? The alcohol limit was always set very high and never reached.
The particular trading posts worked fine though, and I kept trading plenty of other stuff succesfully in them.

Quote from: nmid on June 16, 2014, 09:24:36 PM
I haven't played for a long time and I don't want to get addicted again .. so I don't want to ask for your save game :D
Quote from: nmid on June 17, 2014, 07:27:24 AM
darn it.. now I'm really interested.
Mind sharing the map?

I'll fire up banished to see what's going on.

Welcome back to the game, @nmid. He sure knew how to lure you in.  ;D

nmid

lol, I expect I'll get a few hours less of sleep tmrw :p

irrelevant

Quote from: Kaldir on June 17, 2014, 11:33:48 AM
He sure knew how to lure you in.  ;D
@Kaldir,  heh-heh  ;)

@nmid Save file is attached

rkelly17

Quote from: Kaldir on June 17, 2014, 11:33:48 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on June 17, 2014, 07:45:08 AM
Now I think about it, I emptied out all the trade goods after this, or anyway I tried to. Everything went to other TPs, except for 500 ale. They are stuck in there and have been for at least a year, even though the inventory is set to zero with 18 traders there.

I've seen ale staying in two of my trading posts for years as well. A few times it was moved out eventually, after several years at least. But later the ale would just stay there forever (well, until I quit that town). I produced enough ale myself by that time, maybe it only moves out if the tavern needs more? The alcohol limit was always set very high and never reached.
The particular trading posts worked fine though, and I kept trading plenty of other stuff succesfully in them.

Trading is obviously thirsty work, so can't let that ale get too far away--even if it is made from fruit.  :o

nmid

I deleted every other trading port and ran the game at 10x.. and it crashed in winter of the same year :x.
I'm going to try it again...