News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trader does not stop

Started by Glenn, October 13, 2017, 10:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Is anyone having a problem with the trader not stopping at the trading post?
I am having a problem where at a certain point in the game the trader will always cease to stop at the trading post.
I thought it was a mod conflict, but I'm unable find where the problem is other than it only happens in games where I am using CC.
Any ideas?

Tom Sawyer

That's a known problem but we don't know the cause exactly. It occurs especially on lake maps and if the trading post is away from the main river. It also seems to occur more often with certain modded trading posts. Nilla solved it on a lake map with building a vanilla trader instead of one from the DS village set. Maybe the internal points of this model are too close or so and the game cannot create a correct path along water tiles in some cases. So you only can try another trading post and/or another location more near the main river.

Glenn

Yes, I tried that, I was using a NMT canal Trading post and added a Kidd TP on a straight section of the river and the trader would still not stop at either.

I then when back through numerous saved games to see what I had changed and found an old threat about the maritime covered bridges as a potential source of the problem - I'm using all the maritime mods (not pines).

The last game I played used the maritime mods with covered bridges across the river and everything worked perfectly   (and many other mods - Kidd, EB, DS, RK etc)

This game I'm using CC as well and as soon as I placed two maritime covered bridges across the river and the trader worked for two visits before he decided not to stop any more.

So I have now removed the maritime covered bridges and the trader has started to stop once again  -- so far so good.

Next I will place the covered bridges away from the river and see if that causes the problem to reoccur.

The last time I had this problem was when i was using CC and Maritime.

Thanks for your suggestion

Glenn

Having spent most of Sunday playing this particular town I have had no further issues with the trader once I removed the Maritime covered bridges from the river.

I would appear that there is conflict between CC and the Maritime mod that is at the root of this particular problem.

Orrawran

It's just plain common sense.

Glenn

Yes, some mods cause strange problems when loaded in the same game and just when you think you have worked out the problem it reoccurs.

And some mods don't work properly at all eg, some of DS's bridges allow people to walk over them but the trader will not pass underneath.

I am yet to work out what causes of the broken wheelbarrow glitch, the vanishing base textures for stockpiles and misc buildings. and the disappearance of the radius circles. Let alone items showing in the trader and town hall without a description of what they are.

At first I thought the texture problem was a conflict between DS roads and EB roads, but now I think it might be a problem caused when you terraform the land too close to a finished stone road.

Then removing a few ghosted trees or CC colour tiles would fix the problem temporarily

Banished is a great game, but there are some things which are very annoying

brads3

the wheelbarrow problem i thought was the emporium mod. i don't think i proved it yet though since i don't want to give the emporium up. have you tried the mod that changes the color of the radius circles? it might override and correct the problem.
    as to the blank tags in trading posts and the townhalls, try  using the debug to narrow down what items are missing. you can click on it to make everything visible in the townhall. since it lists alphabetical,this can help narrow down which mods are giving the blank tags. i know RED's ketchup factory did that to tomatoes if it was above CC.the pine mod has a patch to correct flax conflicts.using CC,i'd try moving mods above and below to see if it helps.there are 2 compatibility mods. 1 goes above CC the other below it. if they are wrong,they do not work. the new compatability 1.07 goes above and help the game use items that may be tagged under the 1.06 rules.it allows the new buildings to use the "old"items. such as the NMT brick and clay can be used by CC that is upgraded to 1.07.this mod may help in other situations to fix other similar issues.the older compatable buildings mod fixes issues where 2 buildings have the same name in the coding.when i enable this mod ,it makes several buuildings show up on the icon toolbar.some older mods won't be seen without this if running CC.  take 2 bakeries. through the coding of the mod they are both named bakery.however they are 2 different mods.the game will only show 1 since it gets confused. this mod fixes the issue. it also helps issues with cows since we now have several versions and names.these 2 mods will help fix some blank tags as well.

you are right there are many minor glitches. some we can affect and control some we can not. the game upgrades has fixed some as well. i used to have 2 mods that when flipped in the mod order made all my buildings lighter or darker looking.that no longer works.as always if you ever see my super vendor,please send him back home.he is missed and i have searched off and on for him.he was awesome at running a large map and STOCKING houses and workplaces not just markets.sadly i think the computer gremlins ate him alive.

Glenn

Yes, there are all sorts of minor things to drive you crazy.

But as I have not used the emporium mod for a long time I know this is not the source of the broken wheelbarrow glitch

The trouble is as some problems take time to show up it proves very difficult to track the problem down to any particular mod or load order.

Unfortunately every time you start a new game all but a few of the mods are deactivated and you have to enable them again and your load can change.

I think I will have to start typing a list of my load order to see if this helps me identify these problems.

I have two games going at the moment in one the CC carver is a red/ brown colour in the other it is a black/brown colour and in one game the CC textile barn appears and in the other it is replaced by a stone general barn and there are several other buildings appearing under the barn icon

One thing you cannot say about Banished is that is a game without challenges

If I work out any of these problems, or think I have I will post an update.

PS. The DS bridges that do not allow the trader to pass are the high stone bridge that you assemble in pieces and the high timber bridge

I'm also having problems with people who no longer walk on bridges and instead walk under them, following the same line under the water.

Oh well !!

RedKetchup

wheelbarrow glitch .... do you mean the glitch with the wheelbarrow held in 1 hand swinging to the side of the citizen ?

that always been from day 1 of this game ,3 years ago. it is not happening all the time, only sometimes in almost every XX hours... and always been there. it has nothing to do with mods.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Yes, I remember seeing that back in summer 2014, before the first mod pack was released. There's probly ancient screenies of it around here somewhere.

eta: well, here's one on reddit/banished: http://i.imgur.com/MGLAZfz.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/Banished/comments/1z8o7u/lady_that_is_not_how_you_use_a_wheelbarrow/

RedKetchup

exactly.

the wheelbarrow is attached to the left hand of the caracter. the problem is within the game code. at that moment the graphic "ARRAY" number should be a "2" which is the citizen animation with hands up (like it is used also for carrying a food bucket or iron or anything) but at some point in game, there is something happening that switch that "ARRAY to "1" which is walking normally with hands each side of the toon....
so since the wheelbarrow is attached to the left hand, it end up like that (which is same happening with a food bucket or a wood pile instead...)

it is a line of code that is misplaced inside the game code.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Glenn

Yes, that is exactly what i meant about the wheelbarrow glitch.

The glitch comes and goes and the affected barrow I have noticed is always black in colour  --  other coloured wheelbarrows do not seem to be affected

At least its nice to know the problem isn't a mod

Maldrick

Got the wheelbarrow glitch once after reading about it. Only time I ever saw it though and don't remember what I did to clear it. I think I just quit out completely and restarted.

@Glenn Do you remember what set those bridges are from?  DS has a bunch of them in different mods.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

elemental

Quote from: Glenn on November 27, 2017, 06:00:39 PM

I'm also having problems with people who no longer walk on bridges and instead walk under them, following the same line under the water.

That glitch annoys me a lot. It seems to start with a bridge and then spreads to other nearby bridges, docks, jetties, etc. Any building where the bannies are walking above ground level can be affected.

The strangest part is you can have a clean game without that glitch, and then it will suddenly start. And even if you go back and reload a much earlier save from the same game/map (say for example a year earlier in game time) you will still have that underwater people glitch, even though the problem wasn't there when you originally saved that saved game. It's weird.