News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Close to Giving up

Started by mellowtraumatic, October 24, 2017, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Is that the well with tiny town hall.  You may have an old mod that has been fixed with updated version

galensgranny

I have found that times when the game crashed, when I looked in the computer's Task Manager under the "processes" tab, that it was still active even though it didn't seem to be.  So now when I get a crash, before I load Banished again, I make sure to look in Task Manager and end the active game process (that doesn't seem to be active but apparently is). 

mellowtraumatic

Quote from: Abandoned on October 26, 2017, 02:06:06 PM
Is that the well with tiny town hall.  You may have an old mod that has been fixed with updated version

It is. And right on the download page there's a warning about crashes after deleting the well. *lol* I think I got the mod from Banished Nexus so I wouldn't have seen that. I'll get the version here and see if that's better. I'm not sure what the answer is to my old games, but this seems to be the problem in my current town.

kid1293

I am not sure I did anything special to fix it.

It IS working now, after Luke took care of the problem in 107.
But if it is an old mod I can not swear.

mellowtraumatic

I checked in my download folder and the version I have is 1.3.

kid1293

It is 1.4 now. Nothing groundbreaking just a couple of new buildings and new textures.

mellowtraumatic

Maybe I'll try your Nomad Sign mod.

brads3

glad you found the problem and can enjoy the game again.

Anjell

Quote from: kid1293 on October 26, 2017, 03:56:38 PM
I am not sure I did anything special to fix it.

It IS working now, after Luke took care of the problem in 107.
But if it is an old mod I can not swear.

I'm having the same problem as the OP. If i try to dismantle the Nomad Well, as soon as it is demolished my game crashes.
One thing to note I ended up with 2 Nomad Wells built, not just one. Could it be crashing because I was able to build more than one ? Don't know if it has anything to do with it but wanted to point that out. And as long as i don't try to demolish the wells my game continues like normal without any problems but every time the nomads arrive I see a 99% disk hike and a 99% cpu hike as well. LOL  :o

Also, this is on a new game and I have installed the " Kid - Tiny V1.4 Separate " Mod

Abandoned

I first had a problem with nomad well crashing when trying to remove it last October.  It was discussed in the following thread:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1442.msg27841#msg27841

Anjell

Thanks for the link Abandoned.

I read all comments and it makes sense to ONLY have ONE Nomad Attractor at a time.
Gotta pay more attention next time when placing the Well, so i don't accidentally place two again.  ;D