News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

just finished the footprint / fixes for the tavern....
and i am at the recipe part....

i have a crazy idea  :P

whats about deleting wheat from tavern and replace it with malt   ::)
and do a MaltHouse which will take all cereals and turn it into malt
and with malt, we do beer which same value or maybe less like 6, but doing more of those, like 50-60% more

i know i ll add back hops... i wondering if i should add the hops into the malt process, or in the tavern process
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Making the Boston house smaller is good!  Would you consider updating your separate Boston house mod for when someone wants it as a stand alone?

I like your new tavern.  I am not sure about changing it from the usual tavern products.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on April 06, 2018, 11:49:45 PM
Making the Boston house smaller is good!  Would you consider updating your separate Boston house mod for when someone wants it as a stand alone?

I like your new tavern.  I am not sure about changing it from the usual tavern products.

i can probably should update my Boston House mod to this new size.

Nilla

Real beer making sounds fun. But you know, wheat can also be used for beer. Many Germans, especially in the south, can't do without their Weissbier. But of course barely is the most common crop for beer and if you make a malthouse, different crops could probably be used. Just one thing; if you make a more complicated process, beer needs to be more profitable than ale; to sell, or better; increase in value for the Bannis. Maybe you can make like @Tom Sawyer and let it be food. In Bavaria where I lived for many years, they call beer a "Grundnahrungsmittel"; basic nourishment. ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 07, 2018, 12:56:20 AM
Real beer making sounds fun. But you know, wheat can also be used for beer. Many Germans, especially in the south, can't do without their Weissbier. But of course barely is the most common crop for beer and if you make a malthouse, different crops could probably be used. Just one thing; if you make a more complicated process, beer needs to be more profitable than ale; to sell, or better; increase in value for the Bannis. Maybe you can make like @Tom Sawyer and let it be food. In Bavaria where I lived for many years, they call beer a "Grundnahrungsmittel"; basic nourishment. ;)

yeah thats what i read. in fact, in medieval times, they said that beer was even given to children and beer was more "safe" to drink than water (cause water can hold bacterias that can give diseases) it is a very nourishing drink.

wheat will be in the process to make malt, along some other grains. instead of a windmill that will convert grains to flour, the malt house (as they call it) will convert grains to malt. the same process will be applying and will have around the same numbers. for sure beer will be more profitable than pure traditional ale. maybe they can value less? but can control the total gain by setting the number of beer made. since it has a process level additional, the overall gain will be higher.
not sure about food though, because it is already too easy to get food.

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 07, 2018, 01:45:04 AM

..........not sure about food though, because it is already too easy to get food.

In one way, you're right; it's easy to get enough food. But what are the real alternatives the way the game is now? To make ale/beer for your population is a waste. It's said to increase the happiness, but does it? Not really! You can run a brewery for fun, just because you can afford it; like an achievement. Or it will be another export product. But don't we have enough of those?

It will be a choice of three not perfect things; food/export/only fun. I wish that happiness (and health) would have a larger impact on the gameplay. I know, @Tom Sawyer is working on this and I hope he will find something good.

brads3

this is 1 of those ideas from TOM's North that i hoped would have an affect with my game setup.it did work on KIDD's taverns. from what i saw , some is food and some is luxury. i think vanilla terms like ale is food, and cider or rootbeer is luxury still.i would assume wine would work as food.
       this is where we have to think outside the box since the game limits us.we don't have fruit juice and the bannies don't technically drink water even.so as players we can think of ale or wine as a juice not neccessarily alcohol.cider actually is juice when it is made. it must set and ferment before becoming hard cider. if left too long it will become vinegar.
      TOM tags beer as grain food. i would have thought it would work more like honey and give multiple food groups.RED's idea of changing the process could also add water and increase the volume.

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 06, 2018, 10:24:47 PM
i have a crazy idea  :P

whats about deleting wheat from tavern and replace it with malt   ::)
and do a MaltHouse which will take all cereals and turn it into malt
and with malt, we do beer which same value or maybe less like 6, but doing more of those, like 50-60% more

i know i ll add back hops... i wondering if i should add the hops into the malt process, or in the tavern process

I like the idea :)

In fact I think it is great!

If you do this it will be easier when I decide to make my Strathisla style distillery in the future, an extra Malt house will be good to keep up production to make whisky :)

Grain + Water ? or are you just thinking grain in and malt out?

RedKetchup

i am almost done to make the Boston Houses 2 :) i need to set the door...
do the building process...

and then do the 3 colors of the walls i have for this.
there is alot of details as you will notice in screen 3

oh an i need to take a decision about the rain water pipes... they have 1,000 poly. not sure i want to add this 1k poly to the houses^^
(screen 4)
for sure it adds something to the look of the house though, a very nice touch (screen 5)

galensgranny

The pipes do add a nice touch, but not for 1000 more polys.

feneris

Question, would it be possible to release your changes to the gathering/hunting as a stand-alone mod? Like, I've been going back and playing a little light banished and but it still would be nice if your hunters could bring in other things like ducks, geese and bears. (Maybe an alteration to the vanilia tailor to make clothes out of furs too?)

RedKetchup

Quote from: feneris on April 12, 2018, 11:18:44 AM
Question, would it be possible to release your changes to the gathering/hunting as a stand-alone mod? Like, I've been going back and playing a little light banished and but it still would be nice if your hunters could bring in other things like ducks, geese and bears. (Maybe an alteration to the vanilia tailor to make clothes out of furs too?)

if you wont have that stand alone on top of your mod list .... you wont be able to get the changes.
and if you have it in top, you wont be able to get the changes from your intented top mod !

wiscoke

@RedKetchup  any news on boston houses 2 ? can't wait to build some of those new houses ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: wiscoke on April 27, 2018, 01:28:11 PM
@RedKetchup  any news on boston houses 2 ? can't wait to build some of those new houses ;)

yeah , soon ™

:)

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 27, 2018, 04:00:33 PM
Quote from: wiscoke on April 27, 2018, 01:28:11 PM

yeah , soon ™

:)

i had to redo the walls.... delete the water pipes....
they had way too much polygons for an house. and also the fact the wood planks walls were in 3d ... it was making thousand of shadow ants runnning endlessly on the walls. they are now alot more simple
so i made the wall straight and i am counting now only on the .png effects to give a nice touch.

it is available now :) here : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2382.0

Boston Houses 2 version 1.0

It is another version of the famous Boston houses.

it comes in 4 colors. they cost 54 wood to build. they are good for a family of 6, heat efficacity of 98. they are 4x5(4+1road).

Enjoy !!!