News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Thank you.
I will try it later. Now I have to cook dinner.

RedKetchup

uploaded a Beta 12b. Please redownload the new one :)

Bugfixes Beta 12b :
fixed the Water Well. i deleted all the fightfighting thing from it.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so i was wondering and asking what i can do as extra with flowers ? (out of perfume) to make flowers more important and more useful.

at some point, i was maybe thinking to add "paints" as material resources needed like in colored fences... colored buildings like country house / colorful little house / boston house..... and would need to put some on those building sites.....

and i am also exploring if i should delete the "health" flag from herbs and push people to build an "apothecary" to take like 1 herb and 2 flowers and make an "health elixir" which would be the only item with "health" flag ?

the "health" flag is what allow citizens to go to herbalist (or bath house) and get a 1/2 heart back

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

I've been thinking about the use of flowers, too. Not that I really need them to have a larger importance. Sometimes beauty is enough. But there is one thing slightly disturbant, and that's the fact that the Bannis don't need any flowers or the only thing you can make from them; perfume. This makes it impossible/bad to play without trade, if you want to. And since many of your other changes work in the direction of making trade less interesting, it would be a logical step to find some more use for the flowers, something for the Bannis.

I really don't think, that taking away the herbs is a good idea. Herbs has always been used for healing. Force us to produce something not that natural, doesn't sound the right way to go. But maybe some additional medication, to use as alternative to herbs. If you don't want to create a new building, the perfume maker could offer a second product.

It might still be hard to get rid of the flowers in a mature=healthy settlement, if you want to play isolationist and use the fodder-fertilizer chain. If you don't build any "flower pickers", the thatch farmers pick quite a lot of flowers and if you want a lot of thatch, it's good to locate the florist there to; the result no matter what; you will need to get rid of a lot of flowers. I don't think that my last settlement would have needed that much medication.

What other options may you have? food? There's so much other food so rather no? Maybe for happiness; something like ale. They go to the flower shop, bye some flowers and get happy?

smurphys7

I think a bouquet of flowers that function like Ale could be fun.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on April 03, 2018, 12:41:09 AM
What flag would herbs then have?

i can maybe give the flag : "harvested natural resources but not through mining" flag aka materials ^^ for sure it wouldnt be food.
people already dont have too much problem with health... a 2nd item that would give health, a crafted one ? yeah can be.
maybe change the florist for Flower Picker ? lol and then make a florist which would make bouquets of flowers and can be consume at tavern/florist ? (aka alcohol/luxuries) thats also a possibility.

if i made that post is to have ideas :)

RedKetchup

New Beta 12c.zip available:

Bugfixes Beta 12c :
fixed an irrationnal bug on the profession window which cause causing a crash exactly every 2 games. I deleted for the moment the override of the alphabetical order of the professions.

Enjoy !!

RedKetchup

Nilla

RedKetchup

Added Boston Houses :)

modified a bit : down to 90%, i added the same transparent windows i made for the school :) and i added 1 model non-paint
of course, the material required has been changed to : 54 lumber, 6 stones and 30 glasses. the heat efficacy has been up to 108. still good for 6 occupants (2 adults, 4 children)

EDIT:
there is a little possibility that i will scale them down a bit more and a possibility i change the non-painted wood to the wood texture i mostly used so far. :)

RedKetchup

I redid the Tavern :) it has been asked many times  ;D

so i did something between the Vanilla Tavern... and with the design of GemCutter/JewelMaker/CandleMaker :)

and till i didnt see it in game.... i was a bit ... skeptical ^^

but when i saw it in game... and turn around to see it from different views...
i liked it !!!

i liked it alot :)
i still have things to fix and do .... but tomm should be done.

Nilla

Maybe it would be even better with these two "beams" gone.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i just resized down to 80% the Boston Houses... it looks alot, and alot better ! i love the change