News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triangle

I really enjoyed playing in this mod and many clever things unique to playing it such as you can gather sticks for firewood in the forest like gathering wild plants and herbs.

I played the north6 version but couldn't solve popup errors..

when the smaller blacksmith building didn't already have a specific required resource stored in the buildings inventory it would throw an error until that resource was stored. so i switched over to make a barrow and the blacksmith would grab some wood and problem was temporarily solved until they used up that resource.

same thing happened with the iron ore plumes.

not sure it was a "mod error" but rather the version build of banished i was using at the time a gog version upgraded using BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170910

did anyone else get this error?

Nilla

I`m not sure, that I understand you right. I have noticed the same/something similar, but it causes me no trouble. Of cause you switch between products in the smithy. If I make iron and I'm out of iron bloom, this sign "out of material" shows, as it should. It's time to switch to tools. The sign doesn't go away, as soon as you switch to tools. It takes until the blacksmith actually has got the iron and wood into his smithy. Is this your only problem or do you have any crashes/production stops or anything else? By the way you can see the same in other buildings, too. I'm not sure, but isn't it the same in a vanilla tailor, when you're out of wool and switch to leather coats?

Tom Sawyer

Can you please show a screenshot of your error popup @triangle? I would like to check if I have to fix something. :)

triangle

Sure no problem..

in the below image top right corner is the last resource placed into the inventory with what the smith needs to make Iron with I hear her ping-ping sound crafting it into iron, just after the sound stops a split second later.. then I get the popup.

the smithy was turning RawMaterialIronBloom into RawMaterialIron then bends down inside the workplace.. bang->I get the below popup.

what i think is happening here is
1) the blacksmith is having an issue taking the already processed Iron into her own bannie self's storage because it's not being placed inside the blacksmith's Storage for her to take it from.

(or)

2) a smith's workplace point is not referenced or placed right maybe?.. when the RawMaterialIron 'Iron model' resource is made and placed directly onto the map just outside of the blacksmith's workplace rather then going directly into the workplace Storage. 

I noticed she bends down to pick it up directly inside the blacksmith's workplace rather then walking to the outside edge like most other workplaces do, and thats exactly when it spits out the error.

You also can see that there is no Iron in storage inside the workplace so if I *switch over quickly* to make some tools so that the blacksmith then goes and gathers wood & Iron from regular storage sheds and Then finally places it into the blacksmith workplace storage once that Iron is stored I can switch back to make more iron without any more popups and the problem finally goes away.

as long as there is some iron in blacksmith's workplace.

this also happens again to me with the Milk Workplace when making skyre from milk!

if it helps any here are my Specs:

Installed GOG version of Banished 2.5.0.9 = Banished_1.0.6
then I updated with BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170910

I am playing it using BanishedKit_1.0.7.170910 with no other mods + launching banishedkit to only uses packages /onlypkg

Nilla

Never seen something like that.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you @triangle. Thats a warning from modkit and only occurs if you run the mod from there. If you run it normally it will not happen. In this popup the modkit is scolding about my recipe. I keep not used materials in the smithy so the worker does not have to carry in and out stuff when switching between iron forging and tool making or just to make a barrow. It's way more convenient this way and works fine in normal game. :)

triangle

I am glad you solved the mystery why I couldn't play in my favorite mod & now I know how I can play it again without errors. Thank You for clearing that up!  ;D

This also explains why Kids Workplace was giving me the same issue with flour which is why I joined the forums to report that error to him in the first place.. my first post.

He probably thought I was nuts, and well maybe I am but that's beside the point - now I can play thenorth mod because I was a tool for using banishedkit to play mods in.

Sorry If I spam'd your post with a long false error report and glad it wasn't a mod problem, I was clueless why that was happening *blush*

Maybe it will help someone else solve any similar issue.

RedKetchup

why were you playing with the toolkit executable ?

cause you had access to the 50x and 100x ?

;D  ;D  ;D

sorry i had to do that one  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

@Tom Sawyer - Maybe I'm missing something here (wouldn't be the first time  ;D ). I just installed the newest version of The North, along with all the mods listed in the Compatible Mods list.

What I'm confused about is EB's Leatherworks. It produces pouches and saddles from cured leather, but I looked through all the production options in the game and didn't find anything that makes cured leather.
It seems in order to cure leather you need EB's Tannery, which requires salt, water and leather to produce cured leather. But the Tannery isn't listed in your Compatible Mods list. EB's Saltworks is on the list but not his Water Well.

Am I missing something? Is there something in The North that cures leather to produce cured leather and I just missed it, or it's not in the tool tip description?
Could it be it's there but I just overlooked it?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

You missed to put them all below the North @Hawk. Above they do not use nordic resources. You can try to change your mod list and rebuild them if necessary. But the cleanest way is to quit the map, put the North on top and restart Banished to start over. Then these EB mods are fully integrated. The leatherworker will process hides, leather and furs. The water well would be useless in the North but at the tannery I will take a look.

Hawk

I do have the North at the top of the list. I did not, however, actually build the Leatherworks building before I posted.

The tool tip description of the building says that it produces Saddles and Pouches from cured leather, but once it's built it plainly says that it produces Leather from Cow Hides, Leather from Reindeer Hides, Leather Coat, Fur Coat, and Reindeer Parka.

I apologize for jumping the gun.  :-[ :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

ancientmuse

@Tom Sawyer

I've just noticed that your stone tools mod for the North 5 doesn't work in the North 6, you can build it but once you click on it the game crashes.  I've tried placing it both below and above the North 6 mod.

It would be nice to be able to make basic stone tools for bannies so they don't run out while you're working all the other production chains trying to make iron so that you can make iron tools.

When you start out with Anders and Ella, it's impossible to not run out of tools before you have a chance to get some iron made for toolmaking... and once bannies run out of tools, then trying to do anything becomes extremely difficult.  So the stone tools mod is very helpful to keep your bannies supplied with some kind of tool until they can make proper iron ones.

Is there some way for you to fix this mod so that it works in the North 6 ?

Tom Sawyer

StoneTools.pkm
   Adds a workplace to make some simple stone tools for @ancientmuse.^^

ancientmuse

triangle

next themed mod you work on consider doing Stone Age Caveman theme.

stone tools replace iron tools.
woolly mammoth replace deer.
tornado disaster replaced by a T-Rex doing a hunting animation on bannies.

that tool will totally fit in perfectly. =)