Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: Turis on January 16, 2018, 09:54:33 AM
Let's raid Nilla's village! ;D
BEWARE!;) As I said in that other thread. These are vikings! If you don't know the early European history. The viking pillaged and conquered a big part of Northern Europe.

Hawk

It was an honor for them to die in battle, so they were pretty vicious.
Dying in battle was, apparently, the only way they could go to Valhalla; their version of Heaven.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

@Tom Sawyer ,
I feel a bit out of the loop with the North of late.
I want to update the Advanced version of the Blast Furnace...

if and what has changed?
is it still:

Iron Ore flag= Iron

Iron flag=CoalFuel

Charcoal-CoalFuel

Coal flag=Fuel
?

And what other storage flags are you using?

thanks

triangle

made a joke wasn't a threat, love the mod and all the enthusiasm. I also know my History well so no need for you to send out Saxons,Vikings, or Sea Raiders to lop off my head + drinK frOm skUL  ???

just adding some Input I like smaller like the fish smokehouse but for more important buildings like a mini blacksmith, or small stone quarry-masonry or mini mine mini sandpit like you did the clay pit ..etc

Tom Sawyer

@Discrepancy and others, here are the flags I use in this version: North6Flags.pdf

I can help with code for UI or trading post and with testing to make it work perfectly together. :)

Discrepancy

Thank you :) I will let you know how I go.

Nilla

Nice to hear, that the Blast Furnace will be upgraded. It will fit later in my present game. :)

I have a question; how warm are the clothes from the workshop and the parkas from the fireplace?

Tom Sawyer

ancientmuse

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with a gazillion feathers in the North ?

None of the traders want to buy them, and I haven't come across any production chains yet that uses the feathers to make things.

These dang feathers are taking up all of my storage spaces in all of my storage buildings and my trading docks !

Help !

:o

Hawk

Maybe get @RedKetchup's The Warehouse Inc  mod and just store them all there?  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

ancientmuse

@Hawk

I'm wondering why none of the traders want to buy the feathers in the North. 

My town is a little over 30 years old now and not one single trader in that whole time is willing to buy feathers.

So if the traders aren't buying them, then what's the purpose of feathers ? 

Are the feathers being used in a production chain in one of the advanced industrial buildings that maybe I haven't built yet, so I'm not aware of it yet ?

Or are the feathers just completely useless ?

Why bother having feathers then if all you can do is store them ?

Surely there must be some purpose for the feathers in the North that maybe I've not discovered yet ?

Hawk

I thought I was trading them, but maybe I'm not remembering right. Other than that, no - I never did find a purpose for them.

I do remember building Red's warehouse and storing them there. It's not a regular warehouse. The Bannies don't have access to it. It's only accessible by a Bannie you assign to it, like a trading dock.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Discrepancy

is it the north adding the feathers?

Nilla

I have never seen any feathers in the North. To me it sounds very much CC. What mods do you have? Any of them over the North in the load order?

And yes, I find feathers annoying, too. They can be used in some production chains, but not in the North. Some clothing, bedding and some other things, all CC.

Hawk

Now that you mention it, I did have all the mods installed that are listed on this page.

http://www.banishedventures.com/north-compatible/

Maybe the feathers are from one of them.
Here's a list of all mods I had installed, in load order.

North
D20MedievalHouses
DSFences
DSWagonVendor
EBApothecary
EBBakery
EBBarn
EBBridges
EBChurch
EBDecoFences
EBFarmhouses
EBFarmstand
EBHerbalist
EBLeatherWorks
EBOilPress
EBSaltWorks
EBWindmill
flatten
ForestOutpost
KidMoreHouses
MiniBuildings
MoneyBag
MrFlopsiesStoneBridge
NatDiv
nordichouses
OldBakeryHouse
OldBlacksmith
OldHunterHut
OldTailorHouse
rowhouse
StoneTools
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]