News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Climate and Starting Conditions without CC

Started by HappyBubu, December 31, 2017, 12:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyBubu

I'm sorry if this question has been asked already, I did a very long research in the forum but found nothing similar.
After a while playing with CC and MM I decided these mega collections weren't for me. My PC needs to run as light as it can and the toolbar just doesn't work for me. So I'm trying to do my best to get the stuff I really like and avoid the rest.

Just started and I'm already in trouble. One of the things I liked the most where the different terrains, climates and starting conditions. One of the cc modulars is "CC Terrains" so that's fine, I got the terrains back, but nothing else, just different colours. There is another modular, CC Docks that includes rivers/lakes and waterworld, which is nice, but I can't find anywhere climate changes or plains etc, and nothing at all about starting conditions.

Could someone please help me? Is there a way to reintroduce these condition choices in the game without having to load ALL of the expansions?
Thank you

EDIT I think this post is in the wrong sub-forum :-[ If so could someone please move it where it should be? Sorry!

RedKetchup

since you are mentioning cc terrain and cc docks, probably Kralyerg would be the best to answer you. altough there is a tons of experimented players here :)
just keep in mind is new year holidays, things can be slowed :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

I would love it if kralyerg made the full CC maps and climates available but so far it's just the terrains.

You might have a look at a couple of older mods I use....More Terrain and Multiple Starts.  More Terrain has several map types (plains, lake waters, swamp, etc) as well as two larger sizes of maps, although the largest one isn't recommended because it often has water glitches.  Multiple starts has various added start scenarios including multiple variations of Adam & Eve.

Forget where I got them exactly, but pretty sure it was either Steam or Banished Info.  Google should point you in the right direction.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

HappyBubu

Thank you very much for your replies!
@RedKetchup my original idea was to post there but there are not many active people so I'm afraid I won't get a reply at least for a long time.
@Maldrick thank you, I'm off to look for those two, even if they don't completely solve my problem I'm sure they can do something to improve the situation.

kralyerg

Making the CC Climates would be easy, it's all just code.

But making the different CC Starting Conditions standalone would take a little bit of work.  Because the starting condition controls everything that appears on the map and CC has a bunch of extra trees, bushes, reeds, rocks, etc.  So porting them all over would take some work.

Unless you're okay with just the vanilla trees.  But then some of the starts wouldn't look right, like the Deserts.

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

HappyBubu

The Man himself, I'm so glad you found this post! And thank you for the reply.
I mostly play with the red desert, and the standard climates have a bit of a damping effect on my memories of the Australian Outback.
To be honest I was still playing around with the starting conditions because nothing get much close to what I wanted, but this is a game of make believe so I was able to find something fitting. I really wouldn't mind the vanilla trees especially if I can exterminate them and plant something I like more.
There are a few mods tree-wise, can't remember right now if they are all part of CC though. But I don't think I've ever encountered a tree set apt to that kind of desert, so it wouldn't be that bad not to have bamboos or palms.

brads3

hmmmm. can we do a shipwreck super large map but with medium start conditions so the pine mod and nat div load?then do a simple 1 of the plains ,waterworld,etc but leave out the trees and reeds.come back later and do a addon mod that has any extra stuff. use the modular idea to make it simple and give players the other options as addons later.

i'll be crazy a mintue. how much would it take to make the load layers separately? the 3 or 4  layers the game uses to load the maps? stone and minerals,treesmplants or ground terrain?? then do a mix tree version of vanilla trees,apples and pears,a nut tree or 2< chesnut or walnut>, maples,and maybe some grapes using the trees from the orchard foresters. then the gatherers would harvest all kinds of items. call it NORTHERN MIXED FORESTS. use like 50% vanilla trees and then break up the other,or 60% and 10% each of the other.that way it isn't overpowereed on food production.

HappyBubu

@brads3 that's exactly what I was looking for.... a Northern Mixed Forest in a very arid and inclement weather ;D
I hope someone will come up with the idea of making spinifex, mangroves and eucalyptus, one day.

brads3

yes that would be the right idea. to mix the native trees of an area.similar to NECORA's pine mod set but for the different climate in tropics.

HappyBubu

Yes. I'm not fussy at all about the flora, played a bit and I think because of the terrain there's not too many trees. Just now I'm about to introduce some flora/tree mods because the only bad thing of the vanilla vegetation is that it's DULL.
But the Climate... that's more of a "serious" issue alas. I hope it's not starting snowing  :D :D :D